Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rppatil

Samsung Mpower TV S239

Yesterday I had purchased this phone.

Nice handset and good call quality. i do not know much technical about handsets.

please help me how can I do browsing setting to get EVDO advantage. Please help me

Atul

For EVDO, you need to have the following,

-You should be using OMH Sim Card. This sim card is with the Diamond picture on it. Most probably if you have purchased the handset from Reliance you would have already got it alongwith phone. Otherwise you need to have one.

-EVDO is to be activated from Reliance Backend.

For activating EVDO, call up Reliance Customer Care at *222 and tell them that you are using an OMH Sim Phone and want to subscribe to high speed internet and live TV and for this you need EVDO to be activated on your number. This will take some time and you will have to constantly follow up. If it is not resolved call at *355 which is the Reliance Netconnect department and ask for EVDO activation. Once EVDO activation is done, you can subscribe to any Netconnect Plan or use the Per Minute plan and enjoy EVDO speed.

• Like 1

Today I saw the handset looks are wonderful. Large Screen.

Its available for 4850/-.

hey.. i had the same doubt i asked the shopkeeper itself & he said its because it is a new release so it costs less..

may be the Metro TV handset was costlier when it was bought initially by the shopkeeper so obviously he will sell accordingly.. well i am not very sure but this is my personal view.

In fact s239 has bigger screen, call recording feature which is not available in metro and also 16 GB expandable.. and it looks better than metro. On the other hand, s239 has 1.3mp and metro has 2.0mp camera.. and mostly rest all the features are same.. so its upto you to decide which one to buy. Hope this helped.. good luck..!

It is cheaper not because of New model, new model mobile phones are always tend to be costlier.

The mobile phone is cheaper because it has an inferior camera than Samsung Metro TV and build quality too.

Even look-wise too i like Samsung Metro more.

But the mobile phone is very much value-for the money as it has bigger screen coupled with higher resolution.

Edited by raghugs

I am using this handset from last 4-5 days. Its worth its value.

Not for those who like to type SMS to much. Otherwise a wonderful phone.

Signal Reception, Voice Quality & Battery are really appreciable. Shifted my number on this handset from HTC S720.

Have not tried EVDO till date. An excellent Basic Phone.

Is it possible to install third party JAVA apps on this handset?

is nokia 6275 is really available with evdo ???? :Ohhhh:

TIll date no update has beenissued by Nokia & even none is expected for EVDO on Nokia 6275.

I purchased this phone yesterday in Noida for rs 4800/- so far the impressions are all good. Signal reception and call quality is very good and battery seems good too but i cannot say for sure as i havent even spent one day with this phone.Size is neither sleek nor bulky screen size is great for a candybar phone. Software is also better and somewhat improved version of my metro gsm. The things which i did not like is the absence of 3.5mm jack and media player wont play songs in background. I also have some doubts about the plastic quality but it seems durable enough. i am attaching a few pics please bear with me as i have 2 mp camera in the phone which i am using to shoot pics.

post-52105-076630400 1287474730_thumb.jp

post-52105-046928700 1287474755_thumb.jp

post-52105-033983300 1287474767_thumb.jp

post-52105-059300800 1287474781_thumb.jp

post-52105-098468100 1287474792_thumb.jp

post-52105-092759800 1287474816_thumb.jp

post-52105-093268200 1287474833_thumb.jp

post-52105-022354300 1287474846_thumb.jp

post-52105-056870700 1287474856_thumb.jp

post-52105-072719700 1287474873_thumb.jp

post-52105-041050100 1287474893_thumb.jp

post-52105-022752700 1287474905_thumb.jp

Edited by chitshar
  • Like 1

the snaps are good enough :) thank you.

Yeah! You wont be disappointed with the signal reception.

but i am not able to see any pc suite for s239. I called samsung but alas. if anyone provides link for downloading pcsuite i will be really thankful. another is when i connects s239 to samsung normal pc suite it gives error 'unregistered mode'. its really pain please help.

Its available on CD provided along the handset.

It is cheaper not because of New model, new model mobile phones are always tend to be costlier.

The mobile phone is cheaper because it has an inferior camera than Samsung Metro TV and build quality too.

Even look-wise too i like Samsung Metro more.

But the mobile phone is very much value-for the money as it has bigger screen coupled with higher resolution.

I agree with you, but it is a fact that s239 is cheaper than metro tv as its a new model. The new phones which are coming offer you more features yet they are priced at less cost , you can also check the printed price on the phones. As for the drawback of camera being 1.3mp can also be the reason for it being cheaper but there are few plus points of s239 over metro tv. :SI:

The songs won't play in the background! :NOTriste:

Does anyone have idea about the whisper mode option during a call...it doesn't seem to work as such!?! After selecting the camera option is there a 'back' button option?? because each time to come out of it we need to hit the end button. :confuse:

Can anyone tell me what is the maximum limit of speed dial in S239? And how are the voice quality, loud speaker and font size?

Can anyone tell me what is the maximum limit of speed dial in S239? And how are the voice quality, loud speaker and font size?

Max upto 500Kbps but the same is limited by TATA i never went above 600Kbps

previous.gifspeed dial is limited at 9 keys 1 to 9 can be assigned for speed dial. The voice quality is good, loudspeaker is loud if you use it for calls and clear too but music playback and ringer is not as loud as some other phones(but it will be sufficient). No problems with the font size as it has a very large screen.

We cant play music in the background in even the self proclaimed Muzik series! Also it does not support 3.5mm headset.

I searched a lot for supporting softwares basically looking for opera.

Tried many versions and found that only 4.0 Advanced could connect to internet.

But "Allow ......... access " was very frustrating.

So tried searching again.

And finally found........ on "Google"

Here are the steps to install Opera 5.1 mini, with tab support.

1.Visit http://mini.opera.com using your phone browser.

2. Click the "Other download options" link to get a screen showing a

long list of available downloads. Scroll to the bottom of that screen

below where it says "Options for Opera Mini 5.1:" and click the link "

Select Code-Signing Certificate"

3. On the next screen click the link "All Certificates"

4. On the next screen click the link: "Download Opera Mini 5.1. (English

(USA))"

For more details and screen shots see: How to Download Opera Mini

Signed Versions

and One good software I tried is "Snaptu".

This can be download in same way by "m.snaptu.com" ( got idea from "Micromax Modu thread in rimweb )

specifically downloading "Singed version".

Amazing software , cricinfo, news, facebook ,twitter etc.. in one software

However I tried many softwares for "Gtalk" like ebuddy,parling,shmessenger,mig33 but not working.

By doing all this I think "Only Signed versions" can access internet in this mobile with interruption.

I just get the phone before two days.. the only reason for buying the phone is its mobile tracker.. but its not working.. so they replaced the phone with another new one... but still mobile tracker is not working. I have LG6300 cdma.. Very good phone with 2mp camera and three speakers. My issue is still pending at local service center.. they told me that its a software problem but after upgrading SW, its still not working... so my friend.. Ask for mobile tracker and then buy..

Useless.... Samsung mobile is useless... Check Mobile tracker with cdma phone.. I am sure it will not work...check it out and then buy any samsung phone.... :rofl_200:<_<

@mils1316 That is the third time you are complaing about your non-functional Mobile Tracker! :) If it is only MT you seek why didnt you go in for a cheaper one like Samsung Hero 189??

check mobile tracker function.. its not working... Video recording is not so much good.. phone is little slow. compare to Lg,.. LG6300 is the best. I have own S239... but Issue with samsung Customer care is pending.. They are also agree to me.. so my bro.. think twice..

@kartik.. I have a large group of family and friends who are using reliance and most of them have samsung. I would like to use samsung.. I lost my phone so I want to buy Branded phone with Mobile tracker. When samsung is giving us mobile tracker then why we shouldn't use ? and when its not working we should ask samsung for that because we are paying them for that. thats the reason..my brother..:)

We cant play music in the background in even the self proclaimed Muzik series! Also it does not support 3.5mm headset.

Hi. Apple iPhone also does not have a 3.5 mm jack. It has a circular slot too, but is smaller in diameter than a normal 3.5 mm jack. There is a conversion adapter available in market, whose one end is compatible with the iPhone and the other end with the 3.5 mm jack. Using this, we can plug-in any headphone and listen to music from iPhone. What type of slot exists in Samsung for headset/earpiece? Is it similar to the one in iPhone?