Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Apple iOS 4.1 Jailbreak Greenpois0N due on October 10

Source: Techtree

Apple's iOS operating system hacker, the Chronic Dev Team, has announced that it will release new jailbreak tool Greenpois0n for iOS 4.1 based devices. Joshua Hill aka p0sixninja confirmed the estimated time of arrival of greenpois0n through his Twitter account. The Chronic Dev Team has chosen binary date - October 10, 2010 (10/10/10) and binary time 10:10:10 AM in the morning for the release. Don't ask why because it means a lot to geeks.

113081_p0six.jpg

New Greenpois0n jailbreak would be usable for all Apple iOS 4.1 based new iPhone 4, fourth-gen iPod, iPad and the latest Apple TV models. So, on October 10, you can visit greenpois0n.com and download the necessary jailbreak tools for your iOS 4.1 running device. This jailbreak tool will have a self-explanatory interface that can be used to jailbreak your device and install Cydia package manager on it.

The iPhone Dev Team's SHAtter exploit on Apple TV shown earlier this week will bring untethered jailbreak only to latest Apple A4 SoC based iPhone 4, iPod touch and iPad devices. The iPhone Dev Team member MuscleNerd confirmed that the SHAtter exploit and greenpois0n won't work on iPhone 3GS or iPod touch 3G.

113081_muscle.jpg

A generic jailbreak tool, that will be usable with any generation of iOS running device with any version of iOS update, would be out eventually. But till then, loads of testing will take place.

So far, neither the iPhone Dev team nor the Chronic Dev Team has seriously tried to prevent installation of cracked apps on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Although both teams warn users against piracy, certain apps and libraries that allow cracked iOS Apps exist.

:thumb: nice info for iphone users.. @gaurav, are you listening

kunal ji,

Sad news is tht it doesnt support 3Gs as of now, so i'm gonna be stuck as it is .....

Yes! You read that right and I guess its the right time too. Yesterday, the Chronic Dev Team announced that GreenPois0n Jailbreak Tool will be released on 10/10/10 at 10:10AM which is only expected to Jailbreak fourth gen iOS devices (that is iPhone 4, iPodTouch 4G & iPad). This news made few iOS device owners happy and few of them were disappoint because of the fact that GreenPois0n does not support devices like iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPodTouch 2G & iPodTouch 3G.

Today, we got some surprising, shocking & exciting news you all. IT LOOKS LIKE GEOHOT IS BACK with Limera1n which is expected to Jailbreak all iOS devices running iOS 4.1 for life – When I say ALL, that includes iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPodTouch 4G, iPodTouch 3G, iPodTouch 2G and iPad

This is GREAT! But, when can one expect this Jailbreak tool to be out ? Well, it looks like GeoHot decided to celebrate Blackra1n‘s anniversary by releasing Limera1n on 10/11/10 – Which is exactly one year from balckra1n released and the next day from GreenPoison (ETA).

greenpois0n is delayed (here), Geohot's Limra1n is ready (here)

But than Unlock still awaited, so its of no use for us.

you guys are talking about using indian gsm sim in iphone with OS 4.1 ?

tried greenpoison and limera1n but not working..... i think it needs lots of patience... not as easy as jailbreakme which was used on earlier versions.....

Dont know why People like iPhone they kicks su every time by locking and we pray like a slave in Jail for Jail Break come on RISE

• Like 2

^^^

you said it bro !!!

@ HP ji,

Totally agree, I will NEVER BUY AN iPhone (iCrack) in my entire life even if there will be no other phone left in the world.

Iphone Rocks ....

there is a blind belief that IF U HAVE A IPHONE THEN U R PRVILAGED CLASS IN COMMUNITY - MEANS WITH A VERY HIGH RICH FAMILY AND BIG SOCIAL STATUS - truth is that iphone is just a piece of S***

Well My Friend Hari belives in Grapes are always sour if they are not his ...

wake up my friend ... see the amount of phones apple sells and ppl are not just fools ....

Dont give views if you arent quite sure abt it.

Well My Friend Hari belives in Grapes are always sour if they are not his ...

wake up my friend ... see the amount of phones apple sells and ppl are not just fools ....

Dont give views if you arent quite sure abt it.

Just chill my dear gauravjc -

Also Everyone have their own opinion and that will be different when compared to others. and evryone has got the right to give the views..and for the theory I believe I have the proofs. No offence... and i am not going to discuss anything abt this hereafter..I just mentioned my view..

Peace!!!!!

Dont move the thread on wrong track please.

agree wid sumitbhai.... leave the hate/like discussions for other thread... if someone has a solution for the problem mentioned, plz post that.... do not divert the topic plzzzzzzzz....