Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
swaroop

All About Nokia 6255

CMayur That's Great!!! I thought I was the only one using MP3 Joiner to make an entire album into one big file. Again the down side is if you want to skip to the choice of your song, you have to fast forward it and that takes a long time or some time you skip to next file (Next Album).

No there is no such MP3 player available for series 40 which you can install. Trust me I have surfed Hours and days to look for it. Why don't you try this time and let us know if you get lucky.

Ok so I screwed myself over.

Heres what happened:

1. I was uploading an app to my phone using MobiMB.

2. When uploading the transfer bar got stuck and didn't move for a long time

3. I then cancelled the upload.

Thats what's screwed up the COLLECTION folder.

Now I can't open folder through my phone. The damn thing reboots every time I try to open the Collections folder!

I can view the folder through MobiMB but I cannot delete any files from there! Or recopy the same file over the old file. I copied the file from my phone to my computer and it shows that the jar file is 0kb.

So I'm screwed. Ashok stop laughing.

Any tips on how I can fix it would be great (Without taking it to the phone shop)!

U can try *#7780# code, It'll restore factory settings.

May be it can help u!!!

An interesting find. While browsing the gallery you can use the right navigation key to go into the folders and subfolders and left key to come back(like the one level up option in windows folders) This is good for me as I find the centre key very irritating

Edited by tanveer

An interesting find. While browsing the gallery you can use the right navigation key to go into the folders and subfolders and left key to come back(like the one level up option in windows folders) This is good for me as I find the centre key very irritating

39944[/snapback]

Good find Tanveer!! Very useful one indeed

No that doesnt work Vishal. I can do the same thing from the security settings menu. I need to knock of files from the Folder. Resetting doesnt delete any data!

Does anyone know of any software which can read files on the 6255? Perhaps Bitpim or something!

May be it can help u!!!

39927[/snapback]

39944[/snapback]

Good find Tanveer!! Very useful one indeed

39964[/snapback]

Yes it is helpful but works only when your phone's type of view is in "List". In Grid view it does not work. Let me give you another interesting find " To get the full name of a specific file in the gallery press the # key". :lol:

Can anybody explain the use of Activation Key list? You can find this in the Gallery options. :)

Edited by Mukul

No that doesnt work Vishal. I can do the same thing from the security settings menu. I need to knock of files from the Folder. Resetting doesnt delete any data!

Does anyone know of any software which can read files on the 6255? Perhaps Bitpim or something!

May be it can help u!!!

39927[/snapback]

39966[/snapback]

Anujit i have Nokia Customer Care Contact No. i am sure these people can help you out write down the no. - 02030303838. If you get the solution plz let us know...

So guys loads of happenings here on 6255?? just wanted to inform u guys me was dead busy as flood wiped out my shop. Now its getting restore, Well i want some good AMR tones for my 6255. can anyone send it through MMS to 9324098544.

Logitech launched thier first bluetooth headset come with 2years replacment warranty + 7 hours talktime. cost 3k in lamington. ill bring it in some days and inform u guys. bye for now.

Edited by munnamobile

Guys i have also tried MMS and i am surprise i send mms (ringtone) to 30 people at a time and all were deliverd, yes i could have done this because i have got Reliance Demo  handset which has all the mms and sms all india free. I can mail also from my handset to my mail id but i cant mail from pc to my handset for that i have to take help of Reliance mms portal, that works only for image audio and text.

39836[/snapback]

Hey can u send me some good MMS Videos & Pics.since its free for u.......

My number is 09325509658

Thanks

Avi

thanx for the input mukul.

i did manage a workaround for this down side of the phone which i would love to share with all the music enthusiasts here.

Club as many songs you like together using any mp3 joiner utility and get the count to less than 200.In this way i am able to play more songs as the playlist will show only ther number of mp3 files which internally can contain more than one song(like ripping an entire cd into one single file) :clap:   :D

As for the ultra mp3 player i knew it cant be installed on the 6255 but just thought maybe there is some type of player floating around which can be installed on this phone. ;)   :clap:

anyone??? :quest:   :quest:

39898[/snapback]

Hey What is this MP3 joiner..........can u please gimme the details & how it is to be loaded to the Phone.........

Thanks

Avi

has any 1 been able to find software for loading and reading e-books in this phone?

has any 1 been able to find software for loading and reading e-books in this phone?

40183[/snapback]

You can not read E-Books in this phone. Since it is a Series 40 Phone which does not support such softwares and to my knowledge there is no supporting software has been developed.

Yup I second what Mukul says. AT present there seems no way read e books on this phone. Will have to check in the foreign forums about this.

dear all i have some doubts about mp3 player in 6255, that if i have 1GB MMC card i can store up to 400 songs, is there any way of making plylist just like we make in winamp,

Because in handset there is option to change playlist, i made a playlist using winamp and saved in playlist folder using Mobimb, but it says "invalid Selection" can anyone help on this.

Edited by clickrudra

ClickRudra, The 1 GB Card can hold more than 400 songs but can would show only 200 songs in the track list that too in an alphabatical order. So you can not play songs which are numbered after 200th song. This is the downside of the built in MP3 player of the Nokia 6255. So do not go for quantity but go for quality of the songs (128 KBPS).

:P HOW TO:Use Nokia Audio Manager to make playlists on your Nokia 6255

Nokia Audio Manager (NAM) is part of the Nokia PC Suite. Install Nokia PC Suite and Connect your mobile phone.

NAM is the official way to get your music tracks onto your MMC, and/or to create playlists to reference those tracks. The reason playlists are useful (other than to classify the tracks you wish to play into different categories) is because with the Nokia 6255, all tracks have to be on the root folder of your MMC card if you want the music player to find them.The quickest way to get those tracks onto your 512mb or 1Gb MMC is through using a USB2 memory card reader connected to your PC. Having done this, replace your MMC into your Nokia mobile, and connect your mobile to the PC (through USB DKU-2 cable, or infra-red or bluetooth etc..).

1.) open up the Nokia Audio Manager application.

2.) When it opens up, make sure that the Phone segment of the app (lower half) has your mobile listed in it. (If your phone is not listed properly, then you will need to verify your connection is working correctly.

3.) Next step is to create a new (empty) playlist in the music studio section. Do this by right-clicking on the empty plalist section of the music studio.

4.) Select [Create New Playlist] from the menu options, and name you new playlist file (*.m3u) and press Save.

5.) Now you should your new playlist listed.. In order to get it from the PC Music Studio to you mobile, you need to drag & drop the playlist file to the playlist section in the Phone segment.

6.) Your playlist file should now appear in the [Playlist] folder of the A: drive in your phone. Click on the playlist folder to check it is there.

7.) To add your music files into the playlist file, right-click on it and select [Add] from the menu.

8.) Now all the music files on your MMC should appear in the pop-up list so you can select the ones you want to select for this playlist. Press OK to confirm the list of tracks.

9.) That's it. You now know how to create playlists to reference your music files in sub-folders of your MMC card.

:clap: Happy Listening :clap:

Guys ACC files r much smaller in size yet same quality as MP3.

i have 45 songs on my 128MB card.

Me also making some breath taking wallpapers, sms me on 932098544 those who want all this wallpapers. ill send via MMS.

Guys ACC files r much smaller in size yet same quality as MP3.

i have 45 songs on my 128MB card.

Me also making some breath taking wallpapers, sms me on 932098544 those who want all this wallpapers. ill send via MMS.

40313[/snapback]

Hey i'll have to recharge my phone before sending u a sms .........can u please send it to me.....now........i really need some cool wallpapers.............hope it wont be a prob to u.......my number is 9325509658

Thanks

Avi

Hey Guys,

i wanted to buy a 1GB MMC card for my 6255.....while reading thru the post i saw that some one mentioned abt a USB reader/writer card for Rs250....can anyone explain what exactly is that....& why is it so cheap....while the 1 GB costs anything from 2700 to 3200.......one more request to poona guys......can anybody find out the least price for 1GB MMC card so that i may think of buying it from that place(looking for a cheaper option :) ) ......

Thanks,

Avi