Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
swaroop

All About Nokia 6255

Mukul, So you got all your stuff from Gaffar isnt it?

Any particular dealer there?

38325[/snapback]

No Tanveer,

I bought my Bluetooth Nokia HS-4W Handset from Gafar for Rs. 3250/-. 1 GB MMC card & Card reader/writer from Nehru Place. If you are interested in buying a high capacity card then let me know, I can give you this dealer's address and contact no. He is selling 1 GB MMC for Rs. 2700/-. Where as I bought mine for 3200/-

Great review guys.

I want to buy this handset but can't get it anywhere in Pune for the last couple of weeks!

Tanveer can you let me know how well games run on this. Especially stuff like FIFA and some shoot-em games. Is it easy to play them? What about frame rates are they smooth? And sound quality for those games.

Look I havent uploaded FIFA

If you cant ell me a place where i can get it in jar format, i might try and tell you. rest of the games work fine, the sound is good too, so is the refresh rate.

Since the keys are big and soft it is easy

Do you have a link to FIFA?

well u can not download games unless you can access the games and applications are of  the phone.

that unfortunately is not possible with nokia pc suite

those who are uploading games( including me) are using mobimedia

I dont know if any other such software is available

But yes I have removed the nokia pc suite from My system as i dont require it!

38235[/snapback]

thanks Tanver

I am also from delhi ie. Gurgaon

can I have your mobile no:

wana talk to you regarding same else

can call me on my cell 9312895550 ;)

I have got trial version of mobi mb browser

Anujit,

I have Fifa 2004 and Fifa 2005 by EA Sports, They work great. And do not worry about the frame rate it is much better than the latest simbian phones available today. and if you want Fifa let me know your email, I would mail you the .Jar files.

Thanks Mukul, you can send the file to Tanveer for now. I don't have a 6255 (yet)!

Hi all,

i'm having some issues with 6255.

1. I'm not able to find out the individual call duration for the calls that i make. If i go to call history, all i can see is time of call and not duration. :clap:

2. If i want to set a customized ringtone for a contact, how do i set an mp3 or for that matter any ringtone from the media folder? It allows me to set only from those ringtones which are available as default. ;)

Any help wud b greatly appreciated.

TIA.

<< Topic Merged >>

Edited by Arun

1. I'm not able to find out the individual call duration for the calls that i make. If i go to call history, all i can see is time of call and not duration.
Go to call register in there is an option : last call duarion, total incoming, total outgoing ,life time duration.

However for each and every call there is no such facility. I had used 3330 way back and it also had the same options, seems Nokia does not innovate much.

If i want to set a customized ringtone for a contact, how do i set an mp3 or for that matter any ringtone from the media folder? It allows me to set only from those ringtones which are available as default.

Music files can not be used for individual callers, However you can use Music files and other ringtones from Open Gallery for Caller groups.

any decrease in cost?

1st time ever that RIM underestimated demand! :)

Hope they learn from this and get some more decent handsets in especially stuff like the Treo 650 etc etc.

And hope they get the black 6255 too! Coz that looks much better than the blue or the red one!

Thats right anujit and they are infact coming up soon with higher end models including smart phones from Treo !

Are they? When where & why. :):clap::clap::clap:

Most importantly how do you know? Are you a RIM employee posing as an innocent civvie! :grin::grin::grin:

A little birde told me about that :)

Even if you ask them, they won't be able to tell you when exactly, but yes, they will be launching it 'soon' !

Nokia would be launching 6265 later this year. It would be a great phone. Not a calmshell but feature rich. I cant wait to get my hands on that too.

HI guys,

somewhere under this topic i found tht, this cell doesnt gets heated... it does get heated a the five-way navigation key.. if u talk for more than ten mins and if u r moving..

secondly, as im in mumbai so when in train, i cant hear the voice even at full volume.. is there any problem or the volume of this phone is less than rd 2030, as i was using tht phone previously..

and it would be great if someone cud help me over MobiMB full version, my mail address is kams19@gmail.com

Mukul/ Tanveer/ Others

Sometime back, in this forum, I discussed about my problem in viewing videoclip taken with mobile with Nokia MultiMedia Player/other competent media player like Quicktime. Still I can not view mobile recorded clips on PC.

You suggested to use ImTOO 3GP Video Converter. It is working fine for converting .mpeg / . avi videos to .3G2 format (and viceversa). That converted .3G2 files can be viewed in Nokia Multimedia Player as well as in mobile.

I am tring to figure out what is wrong? I'm using DKU 2 cable for transmission.

Can you view video clips recorded with mobile on PC? If yes, then with what media player?

Regards,

Go to call register in there is an option : last call duarion, total incoming, total outgoing ,life time duration.

However for each and every call there is no such facility. I had used 3330 way back and it also had the same options, seems Nokia does not innovate much.

38380[/snapback]

Thanx for the reply...so its not possible to find out the call duration for calls made.

Can smbdy find a workaround by tweaking the settings??...just wondering... :)

Edited by CrazyCalvin

There is no such option available in any Nokia phone (GSM & CDMA both).

Atul I am able to view the recorded clips.

Are you able to play any other clip in the same format?

I mean for example the DPS clip or something :)

If yes then there might be a problem with the handset or handset software

So try playing any other 3gp clip on your pc with multimedia playes/quicktime player

Guys help me..

I have Nokia PC suite ( the latest version) and i'm trying to install games to my 6255 using bluetooth...

But PC suite says i do not have any supported phones connected and greys out my 6255 in the found phones...

I tried OPM2, it successfully installed the game, but i cannot see the game in the phone

ks

ok guys i have purchased the mobimb software roughly near 900... iam sucessfully able to install games and applications eg:- clock, compass etc...

Anyone with MobiMB full version please....

Kishore

(kams19@gmail.com)

Anujit u can check out nokia dealers site.. find out Mobilink in Pimpri, he is having Nokia 6255 for 12900.. i bought from him.. sorry buddy i don have his contact no..

Nokia would be launching 6265 later this year. It would be a great phone. Not a calmshell but feature rich. I cant wait to get my hands on that too.

38416[/snapback]

If they are [planning to launch it this year,

It will be released early next year at the earliest

In india that would take another 4-5 months

I guess that would be time to buy a new one! :grin: