Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
swaroop

All About Nokia 6255

well it is not a reader writer card, it is a card reader/writer.

And it is no substitute for the card. You have to buy the card anyways. It can serve as a substitute for cable or bluetooth if you like.

It just makes transferring files to your phone easier and quicker!

Hope u got it!

Guys Any feedback about (HOW TO:Use Nokia Audio Manager to make playlists on your Nokia 6255). have you tried and did you find it useful? Let me know.

Is nokia audio manager there on version 6.6 as well.

Didnt seem to notice it!

Edited by tanveer

Guys Any feedback about  (HOW TO:Use Nokia Audio Manager to make playlists on your Nokia 6255). have you tried and did you find it useful? Let me know.

40361[/snapback]

Mukul, You told an exlent thing about 6255 mp3 player, i used it and i found that

*I can make a plylist of similer moods of songs to listen

*i can get a rid of listening ringtone in between songs (because i have some ringtone in mp3 format so my phone takes it as a song).

*now i can store 400 songs in 1GB mmc card and can make savral playlist to listen all the songs.

Munnamobile you also told very good find, in .aac format quality is same but size is reduced even you can store upto 15 songs in 32 Mb mmc card.

AAC files can be created easily by using nokia multimedia player. PC suite should be 6.6, conversion can be done using diffrence warez availble, one more good software is ITUNES.

Download ITUNE here http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

And it is no substitute for the card. You have to buy the card anyways. It can serve as a substitute for cable or bluetooth if you like.

Hope u got it!

40355[/snapback]

yup i got it..........thanks buddy!

-----Avi

Hi Guys,

One more thing i might add about shortcuts on this phone 6255.while in camera mode use navigation keys(left and right) to automatically toggle between modes(camera,night mode,video,portrait).You dont need to go to options and change mode everytime.

hope this was of help.

:rolleyes:

And Mukul,i will try your method tomorrow and tell you how it goes.thanx for the inputs guys.keep it coming.

Mayur

While in camera mode use navigation keys(Up and Down) to automatically toggle between Zoom in and Zoom out. :rolleyes:

Hi all,

Sorry if i'm posting it in wrong topic but i couldnt find the approp thread.This is regd Mobimb. I have mobimb v 2.4 and i use dku-2 to connect my 6255. But whenever i create a connection in mobimb (for dku-2), it shows Nokia rm-19 instead of 6255.And nothing happens afterwards...it stays frozen even if i click on the phone.I'm not able to proceed further. I'm using usb-to-serial driver for my cable and it is detected properly by my system (XP sp2) and also nokia pc suite.

Pls help me out as i'm not able to install any apps/games.

Thanks in advance

great info on the playlist option mukul :help::quest:

one issue though,the way audio manager responds with my 6255 while making playlists is very sslow.is that normal? the software kinda hangs then responds automatically but takes a lot of time to create playlists/add files etc.

pl advice.

Also does anyone here have any cover options for 6255.i mean not the panels but the external leather/plastic/transparent cover type which covers the entire phone.pl help.

Mayur

Yeah Audio manager takes around 25 to 45 seconds to respond with Nokia 6255 while making playlists, this is normal.

Yeah I have bought a Nokia 6255 Cover for Rs. 60/-. Covers it entirely and has a belt clip. Since I use BlueTooth headSet I do not need to take it off the belt when ever I recieve a call. I bought it from Nehru Place, Delhi.

Best option is to laminate it, should be done with the expert hands. only antenna remains open.

Hi,

I like to know whether we can voice recorder continuously for 1 hour with this phone?

Whether we can play only one track or it will play all the track sequentially?

kindly some one help..

thanks.

You can not Voice recoed or video record more than 3 Minutes, even if you are using 1 GB MMC card. You can listen to MP3 songs sequentially. You can even make play list too.

okay!!

Thanx For the info Mukul...resolved the issue by getting mobimb v3

Btw, mobimb acts weird sometimes...like it doesnt allow me to delete the file sometimes...has any1 experienced the same thing??

Neways, m happy that i can d/n jars to my phone now.

Cheers :-)

Hope u got it!

40355[/snapback]

Hi Tanveer,

I have a 6255 and also a Canon Powershot S1 IS digital Camera. S1 Supports compact flash card, now if i use a card reader which supports both MMC and CF card can i transer my image files from my camera using Card Reader/Writer to my phone's 1 GB MMC card. Please let me know, if it is so it would be a great help to me.

For all practical purposes, yes.

You will need a multiple card reader and plug in both cards in the respective slots. It will show up as two different removable drives in ur pc. Now simply copy/paste as u normally do for ur hard disk/floppy.

But i really doubt if ur digicam pics will be properly visible in ur cell becoz of size constraint. so what i suggest is, copy the pics from ur cam, resize them to 120x160 (use irfan view--best free editor/viewer i've come across) and then copy them to ur mmc. Bingo! u r done.

Sorry boss u did not get me, I actually do not want to transfer file from my Card reader to my phone without using PC, I can be done if it supports USB OTG (USB On The Go). Like if u use IRiver H320 HDD Based Mp3 Player it will see the phone as a external drive, I want to know if there is any such Card reader available or not?

Sorry boss u did not get me, I actually do not want to transfer file from my Card reader to my phone without using PC...

40719[/snapback]

The above sentence is confusing :P

I guess u meant that u dont want to use pc but directly want to transfer images from one card to another using some card reader:quest:

Well, i dont know of any such device. Any one can help him out?

Btw, even if u happen to get such a thing, you will still face the issue of image size

coz afaik, any digicam shoots at atleast 1024x800 and noway such an image will fit into ur mobile screen. Ofcourse if u just want to use ur mobile mmc as an additional storage then its a diff issue.

rupchatterjee you are using CF (Compact Flash) card in your camera and MMC (MultiMedia card) in your phone and you want to transfer your Pictures from CF to MMC without a Computer, NO it is not Possible at this point of time. There is no Multi card reader/Writer available with which you can transfer images with out the help of a Computer.

CrazyCalvin we are happy to see you happy.

That could be the problem with .jar files. I would suggest always delete your .jar files from your phone only and not with any external software like MobiMB.

Btw, mobimb acts weird sometimes...like it doesnt allow me to delete the file sometimes...has any1 experienced the same thing??

Which files r u talking about?

Ringtones / wallpaers or applications files?

May be u were trying to delete default ringtones, u can't delete them.

I have a query... don't know where to post this ... here it goes..

What happens if I get a 6255 from the US.. Will it work here on RIM network.,...

I have checked and the network specs for the phone are 900/1800CDMA.

The reason I ask is that those phones in the US would most probably be configured to the CDMA operators there...

Will I be able to use the handset here??