Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
swaroop

All About Nokia 6255

Hi all 6255 users,

I have a small problem.pl help me.

I am unable to set up call waiting and call conferencing on my nokia 6255 handset.

when i am on a call and if i get a second call i can see the number and option to answer the second call.

The moment i answer the call the display changes into "Multicall" and not the original number anymore.

Also the first call disappears the monent i take the second call so i cannot comeback to the first call.

because of this i cannot have a call conferencing between 2 calls.

pl help me on this.i am sure i will get a soultion here.

Regards,

Mayur

Hi all 6255 users,

I am unable to set up call waiting and call conferencing on my nokia 6255 handset.

when i am on a call and if i get a second call i can see the number and option to answer the second call.

The moment i answer the call the display changes into "Multicall" and not the original number anymore.

Also the first call disappears the monent i take the second call so i cannot comeback to the first call.

Regards,

Mayur

No response yet???

what happened to everyone.this is used to be such an active forum.everyone seems to have gone dormant.

No response yet???

what happened to everyone.this is used to be such an active forum.everyone seems to have gone dormant.

Call waiting is disabled long back. I believe we have a seperate thread for that. About call conferencing, I remember reading something on the forum. Either search by yourself, or wait for someone to answer.

Whats the practical talktime of NOKIA-6255 if i talk 2-3 hours a day .

Hi all 6255 users,

Regards,

Mayur

Mayur.. Are u prepaid subscriber or postpaid subscriber....

If ur prepaid customer then u cannot use Call Conferencing and Call waiting also.. probably

If ur postpaid customer then u should be able to use both of them..

thanx for the response,

i am a postpaid user.but i cannot use call conferencing and call waiting.

the call waiting just gives 3-5 beeps and then goes off and there seems to be no way i can take that call and then return back to my first call or do a conference.i dunno if its a handset issue or operator issue.

thanx

Call Conference :

Dial 1st no . ask him to hold line.. then dial 2nd no. and press call key,

When u start hearing ringing tone.. Dial 3 and press call key again, this way u connect with 1 and 2 person and ur call conf is done..

Call Waiting:

When ur on call and some one calls to u .. If u can see the no. on ur cell phone and beep tone that means.ur call waiting is also activated. Now if u have to receive the call then just press Call key and u can talk to the 2 nd person. now if u want to go back with 1st one.. then press 1 and call key ..

thanx for the response,

i am a postpaid user.but i cannot use call conferencing and call waiting.

the call waiting just gives 3-5 beeps and then goes off and there seems to be no way i can take that call and then return back to my first call or do a conference.i dunno if its a handset issue or operator issue.

thanx

i called thm up rite now n  yes it has been launched for 12999

35773[/snapback]

i guess Reliance brings in only cheap materail.....and that too when it has scrapped from the market in US.......take Kyocera models....they were launched in Brazil in 2002-2003 and in 2006 they hit the market.....same with Nokia.....they come to India when they are scrapped ..................i will not be surprised if someone tells me that scrap and refurbish material is brought to INDIA which are no good than second hand handsets............There are many good phones with Motorola which Verizon supports in US......i wanted to have one of them but Rel Cust Care informed me that we cannot use any other handset other than which Rel sellls..................when will Reliance chance this attitude.............i tell you guys the day Reliance changes this attitude......Reliance would become best Cell Service provider in India which is currently ORange.........

Call Waiting:

When ur on call and some one calls to u .. If u can see the no. on ur cell phone and beep tone that means.ur call waiting is also activated. Now if u have to receive the call then just press Call key and u can talk to the 2 nd person. now if u want to go back with 1st one.. then press 1 and call key ..

Hey.. I thought call waiting was long disabled. We even had a nice anger busting thread here. Is it started again? How come I can't use this method on my LG 6130. Or is it limited to 6255 users? :angry:

Call waiting is can be used 4 both prepaid and postpaid subscribers irrespective of handset.

I m not able to connect to internet using the IVT Bluesolelil Bluetooth adapter through my NOKIA 6255 handset. Whenever i try DUN (Dial-up Networking) thru my IVT s/w interface link, it gives following error message -

Connection Failed, Starting RAS failed.

Can anyone help me on this. Is anybody using Bluesolelil adapter?

Regds,

Sumit

This is already discussed long back in detail. You may able to find out by searching.

Any wat is the msg memory of the 6255??

Afaik the msg memory is pretty low my phone says full when i have 85 sms...is a thing with S40 phones or CDMA phones??

Coz S60 GSM phones seem to store abt 200-300 msgs

An unique problem I face now with my 6255 is that after upgrading the firware(V N150V0402.NEP) I am unable to go to the caller groups menu. On selecting the Caller Group menu, it goes to the main screen :angry: . Dont know how this problem arised. Have any of you faced this problem before?? Any solution guys??

One more thing I would add is that using Nokia Diego software, I have set the EMS option 'ON' and now I can send really long SMS. Diego also lets you to customise some/all the hidden features of the phone which are otherwise blocked/disabled by Reliance. For e.g. I have configured ny camera options to record video in mp4 format. :angry:

There's a setting that is "ACCOLC updated by MDN" or something similar. If you turn that off you can set your ACCOLC to whatever you want. It's a priority level for your handset to the tower, IE if the tower starts getting overloaded the tower will hold you at a higher priority than everyone with a lower ACCOLC. By default your handset should only be able to get from 0-9 (it's usually assigned by the last number of your phone number) but you can change it as high as 15.

have you been able to sucessfully send the EMS?

I mean were they delivered prperly? or were they jumbled or something?

I was installed Oxygen software, but trying to send SMS. Is it possible to get SMS service center number??? where we can send sms via system:)

Hi, I need KUCH KUCH HOTA HEY whistle ringtone in mp3/MIDI or Wav format please attach or send by email. Thanks.

Dont you check the thread you are posting in?

Look for the ringtone thread and kindly post there!

An unique problem I face now with my 6255 is that after upgrading the firware(V N150V0402.NEP) I am unable to go to the caller groups menu. On selecting the Caller Group menu, it goes to the main screen :wacko: . Dont know how this problem arised. Have any of you faced this problem before?? Any solution guys??

One more thing I would add is that using Nokia Diego software, I have set the EMS option 'ON' and now I can send really long SMS. Diego also lets you to customise some/all the hidden features of the phone which are otherwise blocked/disabled by Reliance. For e.g. I have configured ny camera options to record video in mp4 format. :D

There's a setting that is "ACCOLC updated by MDN" or something similar. If you turn that off you can set your ACCOLC to whatever you want. It's a priority level for your handset to the tower, IE if the tower starts getting overloaded the tower will hold you at a higher priority than everyone with a lower ACCOLC. By default your handset should only be able to get from 0-9 (it's usually assigned by the last number of your phone number) but you can change it as high as 15.

From where did you download the Nokia Diego software :angry: Does it work only with Nokia 6255 handset or even with Nokia 6235 handset :(

Hey guys,

I too have got a unique problem. I've downloaded digeo software and have also succeded in connecting my phone to it. I've also activated the minibrowser (thru which surfing is possible) ...but when i start browsing.....it doesnt connects...Please tell me what all things need to be enabled/disabled in order to start Surfing.

Please guys....let me know as soon as possible.

Bye

Hey guys,

I too have got a unique problem. I've downloaded digeo software and have also succeded in connecting my phone to it. I've also activated the minibrowser (thru which surfing is possible) ...but when i start browsing.....it doesnt connects...Please tell me what all things need to be enabled/disabled in order to start Surfing.

Please guys....let me know as soon as possible.

Bye

From where did you download the software :(

anyone knows the latest price of this handset....

people at ebay are selling this phone for 8990/-..is it true

I am planning to change phone. I got confused between 6235, 6155 and second hand 6255. Through my friend I can get 6255 at @ 7,000 in good condition. So thinking to go for it, as it has all features. Pls. suggest is it worth to go for 6255??

do check condition of folder before taking any decision..

usually i have seen there develops a little crack on side of the hinge .