Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Irresistable Deals In Electronics, Gadgets, Mobiles, PC Hardware

^

The rule for refund when "item not as described" is clearly the item should be returned to seller at buyer's cost for refund. It is like that in EBay since day 1.

EBay will refund the entire buying amount $36 in your case but buyer has to bear the return shipping cost. You can still clarify on this point with EBay.

You should send to the address given by EBay not the one on cover.

And one more thing, check if the seller has unregistered from EBay. Then the buyer has option to quote that in the complaint, and you can try to get waiver of sending the item back.

For normal "item not received" or "item not as described" these documents mentioned by VickS are not required. VickSs can comment on what complaint he gave.

How to request eBay Guarantee* Protection

pmoeBayGuarantee_210410.gif

Steps to file a transaction concern

Timeframe

Step 1: Incase the buyer has not received the item he has paid for, or is not satisfied with the product received from the seller, he has an option to report his concern using any one of the following

If the PaisaPay timeline to confirm the item is still open then buyer can raise an INR and inform eBay about the reason for concern (Even item not as described cases can be escalated through this channel)

Contact eBay using any of the available Customer support channel (Email, Chat & Phone support)

Use the Webform to register an Item not received, item not as described concern on the transaction

Raise a dispute in resolution center

Step (i):

Registering concern using PaisaPay : For PaisaPay transactions (where the item receipt is not confirmed either by Buyer or by the System due to timeline expiry) if the Buyer has not received the product within the stipulated delivery timeline or if received & the item is not as described, the Buyer has the option to click on Item not received button in My PaisaPay

Step (ii):

Contacting eBay Customer Support : Buyer can contact eBay customer support and explain his concern about the transaction and register his dispute with eBay. The Customer support executive may verify certain details regarding the transaction to understand the concern.

Step (iii):

Using a Webform to register a dispute : Using eBay Guarantee* the Buyer can search & register his transaction related concern with eBay. The buyer needs to update his nature of concern and provide details to explain the exact nature of concern. The Buyer will be able to raise a concern between 5 & 45 days from transaction date

Step (iv):

Using the Resolution Center, the buyer can raise a dispute in the resolution center. In such a scenario the buyer can raise a dispute only between 10 & 45 days of transaction date

Within 30 days of payment realisation (in case of PaisaPay payment, date on which payment was intiated, for non PaisaPay payments, date on which the payment was realised by the seller)

Step 2: Once the buyers concern is registered, eBay Customer Support will reach out to the buyer informing about the claim being accepted for processing or claim being rejected as buyer is not eligible or not fulfilling the conditions laid out in the program. Additionally in case of item not as described the buyer will also be asked for his preference on refund or replacement. In some cases the buyer may be asked to provide proof of item not as described

eBay customer support will also contact the Seller & inform about the dispute being raised. For Item not received the seller will be asked to provide shipment details. For item not as described, Seller will be communicated to respond to the Buyers preference & provide the resolution (either replace or refund).

Seller needs to reply to eBay with his resolution in next 7 Days else the transaction amount will be refunded to the buyer & recovered from the seller

Step 3: For Item not as Described: Basis Sellers response the buyer will be informed to return the product back to the seller & provide eBay with the return shipment details.

For Item not received: If the seller informs eBay that the payment is not received, in such case eBay may ask for proof of payment from the buyer (for non PaisaPay payment methods only). Documents acceptable as proof of payment is as follows:

Cheque payment: Photocopy of the cheque & copy of bank statement which indicates the cheque being cleared

For DD payment : Photo copy of the DD & letter of the DD issuing bank mentioning the DD has been encashed

Cash deposit : Photocopy of the deposit receipt which reflects amount being deposited in sellers bank account

Bank transfer : Bank statement indicating amount being transferred in sellers bank account

For Item not as described : The Buyer needs to provide return shipment details to eBay in next 7 days of such communication else the dispute will be closed in favour of the Seller

For Item not received: Buyer needs to provide the payment proof in next 7 days of such communication else the dispute will be closed in favour of the Seller

Step 4:

For Item not as described : Once the Buyer returns the product to the Seller& provides eBay with return shipment details, basis Buyers preference and Sellers feasibility on buyers preference, the seller will either send replacement or refund the money to the buyer

For Item not received : Once the buyer provides a valid payment proof, seller will be informed to provide shipment details failing which the amount will be refunded by eBay

The money will refunded within 5 days of eBay receiving return shipment details. For Replacement: the Seller will be informed to provide reshipment details in next 5 days else the transaction will be refunded

For Item not received: Seller will be provided 3 days to provide shipment details if payment is realised more than 7 days prior to buyer raising the dispute

Step 5:

For Item not as described: Once seller provides the shipment details for replacement product the buyer will be outreached and checked if the product is received. For refunds: eBay will check with the buyer if the DD is received by the buyer or incase of PaisaPay refund, money is credited. Once buyer confirms receipt of replacement product or refund the case will be closed as “Happy”

For Item not received: Once the seller provides the shipment details, eBay will check with the buyer on receipt of the product & close the item not received case as “Happy”

5 Days post refund being initiated or replacement shipment details are provided by seller

http://pages.ebay.in/help/buy/item-not-received.html

http://pages.ebay.in/help/buy/disputes.html

http://pages.ebay.in/help/ebay-guarantee.html

^

I was quoted 90 bucks by registered post to send it back at the local post office...

:previous:

You are very lucky to have such post offices there....

My PO is quoting ten times your rates.

Anyway, did you send it back to them?

^ you need to click on the radio button [ Rs. 6499 - 63% - Rs. 2420] from the options given on right hand side of the image..

no use ... already tried bro

@kumarshah

my case is under appeal as I had not informed them of item receipt on time and they have still not directed me to send it back; Anyways PO rates are same throughout India; I had specifically sent the envelope with the coin, got it weighed and then took the rates.

anyways jyada se jyada i will loose the 1600 bucks and take this a lesson of life; but this will be the first time i will loose money through paypal...

Edited by dkaile

^ you need to click on the radio button [6499 - 63% -2420] from the options given on right hand side of the image..

no use ... already tried bro

It is redirecting to 250GB on next page irrespective of radio button.

Amazing Deal In This Hot Month Of May..

Panasonic CUBE 1.25 Ton Air Conditioner at11,490 (Rs 13,490 -2,000 rcomlsb Discount)

Buying Link http://www.letsbuy.c...itioner-p-16482

is RCOMLSB code still working? I was under the impression that it was valid only upto 30th April.

The rule for refund when "item not as described" is clearly the item should be returned to seller at buyer's cost for refund. It is like that in EBay since day 1.

I think you are mixing Ebay India & Ebay International. What graphic and rules you have put is for Ebay India not Ebay International.

In case of Ebay India, Paisapay i suppose is not a different company but just the separate branding given by it for a payment mechanisam through it and all payment processing is directly through Ebay. Consequently, all disputes are handled/settled by Ebay itself and it's rules apply.

Whereas for Ebay International, PAYPAL is a separate payment processing company with its own payment processing/protection system worldwide. So it has its own rules for a dispute. Here when one has a dispute and payment is through Paypal, Ebay does not come into picture at all. You are lodging the claim with PAYPAL directly & playing by its OWN rules which works in the case of HDD fraud case in the Topic.

So both cases are strictly not comparable & there should be no confusion in anyone's mind about whose rules will apply where.

is RCOMLSB code still working? I was under the impression that it was valid only upto 30th April.

Yes. http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__229590

I would suggest you to get a headset with noise cancellation. Makes a HUGE difference,specially if you talk on the move. Once more thing, while buying a headset - you must make sure that

a) its comfortable to wear

& b ) the volume is more than loud (reason is if you are in a busy environment, you cant hear anything through some bluetooth headsets.)

Edited by gaurangbhartia

Rajan correct PaisaPay works differently from PayPal infact PaisaPay offers added benefit where if seller does not ship by a given date, money is refunded automatically.

But EBay India and US rules are quite same and the PayPal claim is handled by EBay itself. PayPal is an EBay company. The URLs I had given in the post were for EBay India true, but EBay US dispute resolution says similar:

What to do if you don't receive an item or it doesn't match the seller's description

Steps to take for problems with an item

If you haven't already, contact your seller. Many issues can be solved with a simple conversation.

If the seller hasn't made things right, contact us so we can help. You can open a case after the estimated delivery date of an item or 7 days after making payment if you weren't given an estimated delivery date.

If you've already received the item, and it's damaged or doesn't match the listing description, you can open a case.

To open a case, contact us.

If you haven't received the item, the seller may:

Provide shipping tracking information

Issue you a full refund

Offer to send you a replacement item, if you agree

We'll ask you to confirm that you've received the item or the refund.

If you received the item, but it doesn't match the seller's description, the seller may:

Offer you a partial refund

Ask that you return the item for a full refund

Ask that you return the item in exchange for a replacement item, if you agree

If you're offered a partial refund, you can accept it, request a different amount, or suggest another solution, like returning the item for a full refund. You can also ask eBay Customer Support to review the case. Keep in mind that eBay's decision on a case is final.

We'll ask you to confirm that you've received the refund or sent the item back. To show that you've sent an item back to the seller, you'll need to ship the item with tracking information and then enter the tracking number in the Resolution Center.

More about refunds

If you're given a refund, you'll usually receive it through the same payment method that you used to pay for the item. If you bought an item with a payment method other than PayPal, we'll ask you to confirm receipt of the refund.

A full refund is one that covers the cost of the item and original shipping. If you've received an item and want a full refund, you'll usually need to send the item back to the seller. Buyers are responsible for paying return shipping unless the buyer and seller have reached a different agreement. In unusual circumstances, eBay may pay return shipping.

Timelines

If you haven't received an item, you can open a case after the estimated delivery date (if available) or 7 days after making payment (if no estimated delivery date was provided). If you received an item and it doesn't match the seller's description, you can open a case right away. You must open a case within 45 days of making payment.

The seller has 7 days from the time you open the case to reply.

You should receive a refund within 3 days of the seller promising a refund or within 10 days of the seller receiving the returned item. If you haven't received a refund by then, please contact eBay through the Resolution Center, and we'll work with the seller to provide you a refund

In the rare situation where a seller doesn't reply to you or follow through, and 7 days have passed since the case was opened, you can escalate the case to eBay. If we determine you're owed a full refund, we'll ask you to send the item back to the seller, and we'll issue you a refund within 3 days of the seller receiving the item.

Edited by dipanlahiri

Gaurang,

Thanks that headset does have noise cancellation but mixed reviews http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-BHM1100NBACSTA-HM1100-Bluetooth-Headset/product-reviews/B004M180HS .

Edited by dipanlahiri

you can consider this buddy. ordered one couple of days back..

• Like 1

Make your first purchase today and get a complimentary pre-paid mobile recharge worth Rupees 100

How to get this deal

Click here to go to Ebay India and shop for anything.

When making the payment, make sure you enter the Gift Code RECHARGE02 when paying with PaisaPay.

Once you have successfully made the payment, make a note of the PaisaPay ID and go to the Recharge Form

Enter the PaisaPay ID, your prepaid mobile number, the operator and the circle and you are done!

MobileRecharge_050511_01.jpgMobileRecharge_050511_02.jpg

MobileRecharge_050511_03.jpg

MobileRecharge_050511_04.jpg

recharge mobile to get letsbuy rs.100 off coupon valid on minimum purchase of rs.1, naptol rs.200 off coupon valid on minimum purchase of rs.201

http://www.freecharge.in/

Olympus FE-47 : 14 Megapixel Digital Camera at lowest price ever3449 only + 1 year warranty & free shipping.

Go to timtara : http://www.timtara.com/products/Olympus-FE%252d47-14-Megapixel-Digital-Camera.html

Buy now for3,949

At payout, use coupon code ANN1ST to get a discount of500

Final price =3949 –500 =3449

Olympus FE-47 14 Megapixel Digital Camera

Specifications:

Image Sensor: 14 Megapixels (effective), 1/2.3 Focal Length/Lens Configuration: 36 – 180mm equivalent in 35mm photography Zoom 5x Optical Zoom + 4x Digital Zoom Aperture Range f3.5 (W) / f5.6 (T) Display 2.7" LCD, 230,000 dots,2 Steps Brightness Adjustment Focus System CCD Contrast Detection Focus Range (from lens surface) Normal mode: Wide: 23.6" – infinity (0.6m – infinity); Tele: 39.4" – infinity (1.0m – infinity) Macro mode: Wide: 7.9" – infinity (0.2m – infinity); Tele: 23.6" – infinity (0.6m – infinity) Super Macro mode: 1.18" – infinity (0.03m – infinity) Focus Mode: iESP, Spot AF, Face Detection AF, AF Tracking Shutter Speed: 1/2000 sec. – 1/2 sec. (up to 4 sec. in Candle scene mode) ISO Sensitivity: Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 Exposure Metering : Digital ESP Metering, Face Detection AE (when Face Detection AF is selected) White Balance Control: Auto, Presets (Daylight, Overcast, Tungsten and 3 Fluorescents) Image File Format: Still Image: JPEG Movie: AVI Motion JPEG Motion Blur Suppression: Digital Image Stabilization

For Rupees 500 extra Carry Case + Sensei Multi Card Reader at http://www.futurebazaar.com/Product/Olympus+FE+47/2451708 .

I have received response from Paypal and they want me to ship the item back to the seller, which I shall do tomorrow....

If you have paid via any credit card then you can opt for purchase protection given by all card companies also.

You can raise a claim with your card company and they will investigate the case.

Just call their helpline no. and ask about it.

I hope it helps u.

@kumarshah

my case is under appeal as I had not informed them of item receipt on time and they have still not directed me to send it back; Anyways PO rates are same throughout India; I had specifically sent the envelope with the coin, got it weighed and then took the rates.

anyways jyada se jyada i will loose the 1600 bucks and take this a lesson of life; but this will be the first time i will loose money through paypal...

Exactly the same views I also have....

I think you are mixing Ebay India & Ebay International. What graphic and rules you have put is for Ebay India not Ebay International.

In case of Ebay India, Paisapay i suppose is not a different company but just the separate branding given by it for a payment mechanisam through it and all payment processing is directly through Ebay. Consequently, all disputes are handled/settled by Ebay itself and it's rules apply.

Whereas for Ebay International, PAYPAL is a separate payment processing company with its own payment processing/protection system worldwide. So it has its own rules for a dispute. Here when one has a dispute and payment is through Paypal, Ebay does not come into picture at all. You are lodging the claim with PAYPAL directly & playing by its OWN rules which works in the case of HDD fraud case in the Topic.

So both cases are strictly not comparable & there should be no confusion in anyone's mind about whose rules will apply where.

Thanks Rajan for the clarification.... Any headway in your case?

Rajan correct PaisaPay works differently from PayPal infact PaisaPay offers added benefit where if seller does not ship by a given date, money is refunded automatically.

But EBay India and US rules are quite same and the PayPal claim is handled by EBay itself. PayPal is an EBay company. The URLs I had given in the post were for EBay India true, but EBay US dispute resolution says similar:

What to do if you don't receive an item or it doesn't match the seller's description

Steps to take for problems with an item

If you haven't already, contact your seller. Many issues can be solved with a simple conversation.

If the seller hasn't made things right, contact us so we can help. You can open a case after the estimated delivery date of an item or 7 days after making payment if you weren't given an estimated delivery date.

If you've already received the item, and it's damaged or doesn't match the listing description, you can open a case.

To open a case, contact us.

If you haven't received the item, the seller may:

Provide shipping tracking information

Issue you a full refund

Offer to send you a replacement item, if you agree

We'll ask you to confirm that you've received the item or the refund.

If you received the item, but it doesn't match the seller's description, the seller may:

Offer you a partial refund

Ask that you return the item for a full refund

Ask that you return the item in exchange for a replacement item, if you agree

If you're offered a partial refund, you can accept it, request a different amount, or suggest another solution, like returning the item for a full refund. You can also ask eBay Customer Support to review the case. Keep in mind that eBay's decision on a case is final.

We'll ask you to confirm that you've received the refund or sent the item back. To show that you've sent an item back to the seller, you'll need to ship the item with tracking information and then enter the tracking number in the Resolution Center.

More about refunds

If you're given a refund, you'll usually receive it through the same payment method that you used to pay for the item. If you bought an item with a payment method other than PayPal, we'll ask you to confirm receipt of the refund.

A full refund is one that covers the cost of the item and original shipping. If you've received an item and want a full refund, you'll usually need to send the item back to the seller. Buyers are responsible for paying return shipping unless the buyer and seller have reached a different agreement. In unusual circumstances, eBay may pay return shipping.

Timelines

If you haven't received an item, you can open a case after the estimated delivery date (if available) or 7 days after making payment (if no estimated delivery date was provided). If you received an item and it doesn't match the seller's description, you can open a case right away. You must open a case within 45 days of making payment.

The seller has 7 days from the time you open the case to reply.

You should receive a refund within 3 days of the seller promising a refund or within 10 days of the seller receiving the returned item. If you haven't received a refund by then, please contact eBay through the Resolution Center, and we'll work with the seller to provide you a refund

In the rare situation where a seller doesn't reply to you or follow through, and 7 days have passed since the case was opened, you can escalate the case to eBay. If we determine you're owed a full refund, we'll ask you to send the item back to the seller, and we'll issue you a refund within 3 days of the seller receiving the item.

Dipan,

In this HDD case, it is not a question of anyone not wanting to return the item to the seller, but it is a case of FRAUD wherein the seller has sent everyone a fake coin instead of the ultra portable HDD. And mind you, PayPal is already aware of the FRAUDSTER SELLER. This is why I have been corresponding with PayPal for the refund of cost of sending back the coins just so that their rules are also complied with. Anyway, like dkaile, I am also ready to lose the Rs 1600 and take this as a bad lesson in my life. My point is that Paypal cannot ask us to return the coin at our cost. What is our mistake in this? Of having bought through their website? What if some other Chinese tomorrows sells a US$1000 item and sends only a fake coin or maybe a very heavy junk piece of metal? And to send back this junk, if you spend more than the cost of buying the original item, where is justice? Just quoting some archaic rules is not justice. They also have to decide on the merits of the case. In this instant case, PayPal already knew of the FRAUDSTER and yet they are insisting on returning the item and that too, at our total cost? This is what riles me. Rules need to be followed no doubt, but when PayPal already knows that this is a FRAUDSTER case, they should relax rules and refund our money immediately without any further questions. This is what is my viewpoint.

Kumaar I totally agree with you and there is every reason to be riled, my point to Rajan was that the rules are same for EBay India and US. These rules are in the EBay guarantee. Fraudster sellers are aware that most buyers do not bother shipping back at their own cost and use this to their own advantage, as in this case.

But if you see the T&C there is provision of EBay providing full refund i.e. In unusual circumstances, eBay may pay return shipping.. So try following up with EBay and reasoning with them on this point so that you get full refund. All the best.

• Like 1

@kumarshah

anyways jyada se jyada i will loose the 1600 bucks and take this a lesson of life;

Exactly the same views I also have....

I have made a Simple Easy To Follow Principle,

Whenever there is a TOO Good To Be True Offer Online, I will wait for 30 Minutes before Clicking the BUY Button. Because by that time, the Testosterone levels would have normalised & one can think logically between the two ears instead of legs

Thanks Rajan for the clarification.... Any headway in your case?

None Whatsoever... Now i have dropped any follow up..

Also i haven't even received the COIN... Good... દેખવું નહી ને દાઝવું નહી Translation : Not to see & not to feel aggrieved..

In this instant case, PayPal already knew of the FRAUDSTER and yet they are insisting on returning the item and that too, at our total cost? This is what riles me. Rules need to be followed no doubt, but when PayPal already knows that this is a FRAUDSTER case, they should relax rules and refund our money immediately without any further questions. This is what is my viewpoint.

True.. Atleast for that Seller we knew that it's a fraud early on... In case of Paypal, this game of rules, strange & diverse interpretation of it in a similar case is basically a ploy to avoid paying up as long as they can..

I wonder If it was for American Consumers, Paypal would have behaved similarly. Might have needed a simple Class Action Suit threat and Paypal would have become your PAL instantly & paid up without much of a whimper...

• Like 1

Many times ebay is too rude, if the seller is no longer a registered user than i think nor ebay or paypal will help.

i have already burnt 600$,

i have already burnt 600$,

Parin Post details of that experience in this Topic For Everyone's Benefit Ecommerce Websites - Good, Bad and Ugly! share your experience so that every one is empowered