Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Saurav

Advice For LCD - LG/Samsung

I am thinking of purchasing a LCD 26.

Pls suggest which model should I opt for LG/ Samsung. Sony does not have service center in my area.

First preference is best Picture Quality & Second main requirement is support for USB (movies .mkv, .avi, .vob)

Budget is about 25K.

I am getting 26LU11UR LG for 22790 at Next.

Don't opt for either LG/Samsung. And if your budget is 25K, why settle for 26"?

See the following thread

AOC 32" LCD TV at Rs. 18,990/- http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__204704

AOC 26" LCD TV at Rs. 13,990/- http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__204621

Though this deals have ended today, you may still be able to get this products from other outlets at somewhat higher price. AOC is the world's largest manufacturer of displays. It is an OEM manufacturer for all major display companies. Save some money. :Riendo:

Don't ever buy LG. me and my bro both purchased LG 32'' and after completion of 1 year(after its was out of warranty) BOTH lcds have stared giving problem.

My bro had to replace a part that costed 8k and also took amc for 1 year that costed 2.5k more so that incase if some goes wrong again he doesnt have to pay 8k more.

LCDs are different for TV.Parts in the lcd are cards so if something go wrong they come and change ur whole card only and not single IC/chip that has problem and that make repair more costly.

If you go by such complaints, you will find faults with all brands. There are people who have had problems with samsung and sony. I dont think you can generalise based on few experiences. My advice will be go and watch the TVs you have shortlisted and the one that looks best, get it. Of course since you are considering other features like usb etc, they will influence your decision. For an average user, I do not think choosing one out of the top few brands will make a lot of difference.

If you want to play

DivX, mkv, avi, mp4 Samsung have the Best Codec Processor Support, but i only Request for Model above Series 5 or 6 which is Quite Expensive in India

Samsung have IPS LCD compared with Normal LCD in local brand LCD have problem in Colour changes on Side Angel and White Leaking in Black Scenes, IPS LCD have Good Brightness, Better Blackness

I have a Imported Sanyo LCD TV 32 and Samsung Series 6 32 and Samsung is Best with Colors, Brightness, Contrast Ratio and Picture Improovement Tech

I just purchased to 2pcs of VU 32' LCD for Rs25K each. It is full HD and the picture quality is good. It plays DivX, mpeg 4. Though i have not tested .mk, .vob file format.

I am using LG 42" Full HD lcd TV with IPS. It is not having usb though.

I searched for usb hack for my TV and this is what I got. hxxp://lgusb.wikispaces.com/

The TV had in service USB port which after applying hack now plays divx movies. Though .mkv is not supported & I guess is not supported in most brands today.

When I bought the TV it was 10k cheaper than models with USB. the only thing is that they have locked the USB in firmware. If you enable USB using this firmware hack u can save lot of money.

Using firmware hack in wrong means can brick your TV as with phones.

BTW my TV model is LG 42LF20FR.

Before buying pl check the model no that you are buying .. if that supports hack u will save some money !!! :)

LG and Samsung (I know of Plasma TVs)have come up with models that do support mkv also. But there would be some files that would still not play. For those you would need media players.

usb's in tv's are just a gimmick; as with such a high end tv, u would surely enjoy its potential only with a good dvd/bd player with usb inbuilt or a dedicated media player also attached in tandem...

• Like 1

Sharp L450 (32" LCD) is another option you should consider.Slightly above yr 25K budget. The picutre Sharpness is very Nice.(the brand names holds true in the case). IPS Panel is made in Japan (assembled in china like most others) 25000:1 contrast ratio is prety decent. There is USB support to watch pictures, vidoes. Don't know abt formats supported like .Mkv

i will suggest never to go for LG/Samsung. like all electronics, you may run in trouble if you are unlucky with any brand. its always better to opt for reputed and good brand.

LG/samsung are the worst. i know at least 10 people who had problem with LG/Samsung LCDs from the begining. their CRTs were good. if still you want, then go for Samsung but avoid LG at any cost.

most Japenese brands like SOny, Panasonic, Toshiba, Hitachi, Sharp are better and more reliable. if you can find Philips, thats also goos. dont go for Akai/Sansui. they both are from videocon.

usb's in tv's are just a gimmick; as with such a high end tv, u would surely enjoy its potential only with a good dvd/bd player with usb inbuilt or a dedicated media player also attached in tandem...

Absolutely. The same thing i keep on telling many people who just ignore the other vital parameters which actually define a good LCD like Panel type, Brightness, Digital Picture processing circuitry, Picture Bit, sensors etc. for this USB thing. Also the picture quality with good dvd/bd player with inbuilt USB is far superior.

+1

Another problem seen within built. USB is that they wont qplay files above a certain size.

Guys was thinking of getting a 32" LCD for my parents.. can anybody please tell me the best entry level LCD.. i checked for reviews for toshiba 32PB1E but not was much available.. anybody using it please let me know about it

If you live in Delhi /ncr then visit gaffar market. You can get led tv in price of lcd. But no warranty tho.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk