Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sougatadc

USB WiFi Router Configuration For BSNL EVDO

If I buy a USB Wifi router for my BSNL EVDO modem (ZTE AC8700),can anybody please guide me step-by-step to configure it so that I can use it for my laptop as well as my mobile. I can even share the signal with my friends with wifi handsets. There are routers available of brand EK Wireless, Leoxsys etc (I'm attaching pics). There is another option: if USB female to RJ45 male connector can be procured, cheaper wifi routers can also be configured.

Portable USB wifi routers with built-in Li-ion battery are also available which are handy and through which EVDO signal can be accessed on mobile anywhere and on the move also.

Anyways, I need guidance. Please help

post-28928-069580000 1288125710_thumb.jp post-28928-015240900 1288125669_thumb.jp post-28928-062596300 1288125746_thumb.jp post-28928-051881900 1288125769_thumb.jp

There's Olive Nexus in the market which will be helpful to you.

http://www.olivetelecom.in/olive-nexus-vr9-wireless-router/

The main advantage of these WiFi routers for cellular technology lies in the fact that these devices can be parked at best possible signal zone of the service provider (like top of the shelf, some corner in the kitchen)in your house and any laptop/desktop/WiFi devices can be hooked on it.

Here's the link to user manual of TATA Photon+ WiFi device (Combination of EVDO MODEM+ WiFi ROUTER in a single device).

http://www.tataphoton.com/download/SER-8189-User-Guide-Win-Mac-Linux.pdf

May be configuraiton highlighted in the manual would be some help to you.

Thanks for your reply.

My query was about BSNL EVDO's configuration on these devices only. There is no need for TataIndicom's stand-alone portable wifi router with built-in Photon+.

BSNL provides EVDO modems with default username and password settings as "card" which are to be changed to "165" also its dialing number is #777. I wanted to know how these can be configured on these routers, especially the portable one.

Check this forum by one of our RIM Veteran Ashokjp http://www.bsnlevdo....ums/forums.html

Contains some very good info as far as BSNL EVDO is concerned.

You may get your answer there and if not good source of BSNL EVDO info.

^^^

I'm quite an old member of that forum also. If I got my answer there, I wouldn't have asked it here. If anybody can help in configuration process, please.

@Rajan...thanks.

There's Olive Nexus in the market which will be helpful to you.

http://www.olivetele...ireless-router/

Call to toll free olive telecom number given in the website. Inform him that you're interested in buying Olive Nexus. He'll ask which operator's USB modem/mobile(for USB-tethering)/Broadband connection you've to plug-in. You can tell him that you own BSNL EVDO modem. He'll arrange for in-home demo for the same through sales executive in your city.you can buy after ensuring it works.

The same procedure happened in my case but the modem being BSNL HSDPA.

I tried a number of times to contact Olive, but their AVRS asks me to wait while it will transfer the call. But finally the call snaps.

I could not contact them.

Can anybody provide me the address of Kolkata vendor for Olive Nexus?

@ Kesav

Bought Olive Nexus from ebay today. Tried to buy it directly from Olive, but after registration, they refused to ship it to our place. So, I went for it through ebay paying Rs. 91 more (it is Rs. 3590 in ebay as against 3499 if purchased online from Olive)

Let me see when it gets delivered.

This is just lightning fast my dear friend.

:GirandoOjos::GirandoOjos:

I sense some sort of urgency from your end.

I suggested you to buy through Olive sales representative so that you can have a demo and be assured of everything works.

Anyway, now I hope the ebay seller should able to help you out during initial setup.

All the best and be prepared to enjoy BSNL EVDO through WiFi.

:clap::clap::clap:

In the meantime, get hold of some working olive helpline numbers.

Edited by kesav

:previous: dude i jus saw ur post.. u cud have got ASUS router which is compatible with usb.. n adsl both.. dat too dat must b arnd 4k.. n superb speed.. n connectivity.. though its not much mobile.. it has to b plugged in! but u cud hav used it as a normal router,usb modem wifi router, a nas, bt download server, n much more..

:previous: dude i jus saw ur post.. u cud have got ASUS router which is compatible with usb.. n adsl both.. dat too dat must b arnd 4k.. n superb speed.. n connectivity.. though its not much mobile.. it has to b plugged in! but u cud hav used it as a normal router,usb modem wifi router, a nas, bt download server, n much more..

@ Shashank: I wanted a portable device, hence went for this.

I received my Olive Nexus V-R9 Router over Blue Dart. The packing was good. The seller from ebay(roshniinfotech) was really quick . I finished the payment at around 7pm on 27th and I received it today in the afternoon.

I could configure the router with my BSNL EVDO and now it is working. I'm very happy that now I'm able to surf on my ASUS P552w over wifi, that too without subscribing for 3G from any operator. Only sad point is, in my hTc Touch, I don't have wifi. Now, my avenues are broader. I can also buy android tablets to surf 3G internet anywhere. No extra cost (BSNL EVDO allows unlimited usage, for me it is Rs. 276/month [Rs. 250 + service tax])

Thanks Kesav for suggesting me Olive Nexus.

Friends here, who are buying good handsets and finding it difficult to use data (sometimes only 1X is possible) can very well use their portable internet devices (BSNL EVDO/Reliance Net connect/ MTS Blaze/ Tata Photon+/BSNL 3G or at least the 1X devices) for internet on their handsets.

post-28928-023752600 1288452522_thumb.jp

Edited by sougatadc

Welcome buddy....

I'm really happy that you had no hiccups in setting up the device for first time.

I'm really surprised to know that you pay only Rs.250+tax for unlimited EVDO when rest of the people pay Rs.750+tax.

How come?

Please share your thoughts on this device when you across something interesting to share.

Edited by kesav

Welcome buddy....

I'm really happy that you had no hiccups in setting up the device for first time.

I'm really surprised to know that you pay only 250+tax for unlimited EVDO when rest of the people pay 750+tax.

How come?

Please share your thoughts on this device when you across something interesting to share.

I'll surely share my experience on this device. I wonder, why I didn't explore this earlier.

Since inception, my EVDO bill is Rs. 276.

^^^ Rs 276 unlimited BSNL EVDO :Sorprendido:

Which circle are u from?? and what are the speeds that you get? Can you please post your speedresult?

I'm from Bolpur, 159km away from Kolkata. It's a small town, based on Viswa Bharati, the central university at Shantiniketan, the place of Rabindranath Tagore and Amartya Sen.

I'm posting my speedresult, recorded today.

post-28928-0-65644900-1288633742_thumb.p

^^^ Chowdhury sahab, enjoy the connection at such a steeply discounted price.. 1mbps ka to hum sapna bhi nahi dekh sakte yaha Rajkot mein on BSNL EVDO..

Thanks, Greatest.

I'm now enjoying it on my wifi enabled phone also.

I don't see any plan for unlimited EVDO for Rs. 250 on BSNL's site? confused.gif

:previous: that offer was introductory one, if am not wrong..

:previous: that offer was introductory one, if am not wrong..

True.

Have they rolled back the offer?

Unlimited EVDO @ Rs.250 p.m is just too good. I'm gonna pay a lil' visit to the Bsnl office here after breakfast :)

^

The BSNL website does not show it, let us know if it is still valid. Definitely a steal.

PS I have a question, bit off topic though. I have a RCDMA phone on which EVDO will not work. But it has WiFi. Is there any way of using a USB EVDO device which will serve as a WiFi hotspot when travelling? I mean like a USB WiFi modem that can take EVDO SIM card. Then the phone can be paired with it and EVDO can be used on the phone over WiFi.

Daydreaming?

This is just lightning fast my dear friend.

:GirandoOjos::GirandoOjos:

I sense some sort of urgency from your end.

I suggested you to buy through Olive sales representative so that you can have a demo and be assured of everything works.

Anyway, now I hope the ebay seller should able to help you out during initial setup.

All the best and be prepared to enjoy BSNL EVDO through WiFi.

:clap::clap::clap:

In the meantime, get hold of some working olive helpline numbers.

hi Kesav,

I Just Bought Hame 436r 3g-4g Wifi Router and very sadly telling you that the same is not working with BSNL EVDO Model No: ZTE: AC 8700.

I talked to the seller and he is ready to back my money.

I request you could you please confirm me that Olive nexus is working with BSNL EVDO Model No: ZTE: AC 8700

and if yes how i can configure the same with olive Nexus

Any possibility of Mass Order for better solution purchased by Greatest?:

Same functionaliy as Olive but 2t2r! Turns all your CDMA super phones into full fledged business phones.