Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

Any Radio issue with CM10 ? i want to load CM10 but hesitated because on GS3 it has Radio issues...

sometimes even if you are in Range it says not reachable or gives busy tone.

You can also try Nexus Modem on CM9 or CM10. I am using it and it gives a nice result. Better speeds on evdo too.

My friend has epic 4 4g touch. Which does not receive signal at all. And prl doesn't change. It's value as shown is "default " istead of a number. Please help experts.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

My friend has epic 4 4g touch. Which does not receive signal at all. And prl doesn't change. It's value as shown is "default " istead of a number. Please help experts.Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Was it working earlier and has developed this problem recently or is it his first time for programming the device..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Rest the NV RAM. Does the phone go into Download mode or not?

My Epic screen had blacked out completely. Anyone has a broken phone with the front screen and panel intact?

Dear dudes

I am experiancing astrange problem

The notification always showing 'USB connected'. It stops when SD card is removed
The battery runs out within minitues
Pls help. Thanx in adv

Factory reset wont change Reliance MDN.. You either have a software problem due to OS or hardware connection is lose at the port.. I would suggest opening the phone but that requires knowledge or you can damage components..

I think there is a short in your phone charging port.

Thanks guys ..

Problem solved itself ... hope dust in usb port or sd card was the culprit

Great buddy.. Good to know your problems are solved..

Hi Team please help,

I am unable to use 3G with my Samsung Epic 4G with tata indicom, It was working fine but i accidently click on Update firmware option Under Settings >System updates,

Later on i Done reset with QPST and CDMA workshop. In M.IP option i putted the meid@Pda.ttsl.in and password as "internet". (See in Pics). I am having the issue while changing the "AN" option in PPP config Tab its coming "XYZ@hcm.sprintpcs.com" and whenever i change it to meid@pda.ttsl.in its coming back to the same "XYZ@hcm.sprintpcs.com".

But now i am able to get the 3G icon with 1x data and also whenever i am turning on the mobile data , My phone start coming busy for the callers. I don't know i tried almost all settings by checking on Rim web or XDA. When i was extracting the NV Dumb before flashing the phone i found something meid@evdo.ttsl.in in the .txt file that has been used to configure earlier.

I Got help by Parin Data earlier for the same issue where it was working as 1x with 3G icon. Dada Seeking ur Heed again.

Pictures are here (https://plus.google.com/photos/117131525094423111620/albums/5846305153545648641)

If you are on any other rom try going back to stock firmware.. Generally things go back to normal once once you are on stock.. Preferably try froyo if you can..

Download the latest firmware, Odin it with Odin 1.8*, make sure you tick "Phone EFS Clear" and flash, then you have to program your phone, flash PRL and NV items provided by your dealer, if you do not have them, request for the same with your dealer, once you get those flash. That should work.

Yep, seems like you need to reprogram your handset again. Normally flashing rom don't change data settings.

But if you flashed cm9+ you do have to flash alternate carrier fix to enable data on your handset.

Sometimes people get confused it with handset problem, and mess with their data settings.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by abhi.r

If you are on any other rom try going back to stock firmware.. Generally things go back to normal once once you are on stock.. Preferably try froyo if you can..

Yes i am going to Flash this (http://briefmobile.com/how-to-install-fc09-for-the-epic-4g) lets see.

Download the latest firmware, Odin it with Odin 1.8*, make sure you tick "Phone EFS Clear" and flash, then you have to program your phone, flash PRL and NV items provided by your dealer, if you do not have them, request for the same with your dealer, once you get those flash. That should work.

@Vinod : i changed all the setting in Qpst manually as earlier it was not at all connecting with Data but after these setting its connected with 1x data with 3G icon on top. Well i have no idea about the nv item but still sent the mail to Parin dada for help as last time configured by him.

Under data your MIN is missing that's why others get busy signal when they try to call you. You can manually enter your MDN and MIN under ##DATA#, only mess with this if you know your MIN what is of no use. Just follow the link which had sent in your earlier post and flash the NV and PRL using CDMA workshop or qspt that should take care all your problems.

Under data your MIN is missing that's why others get busy signal when they try to call you. You can manually enter your MDN and MIN under ##DATA#, only mess with this if you know your MIN what is of no use. Just follow the link which had sent in your earlier post and flash the NV and PRL using CDMA workshop or qspt that should take care all your problems.

Well i am going to Put the MDN and MIN number in Data but i Dont know abt the NV thats what the trouble is, Could You give me any Idea about it ?

I Tried All most all The step but had same problm.. then sent the mail to Parin and today got the NV .txt with tata PRL , Flashed both with CDMA workshop an now working grt same as it was..

Thankx to all who replied on my post and to Parin for Support

Parin Bhai the great. :rolleyes:

Parin Bhai the great. :rolleyes:

Satya Vachan

Thanks to doc_anurag for giving me his Epic. Recently my mom's Epic had a cracked front glass. Recently the screen went from Orange to purple to dead black, can receive calls only. Today's strike gave me loads of time to swap the mother boards. Below are some pics.post-81420-136138366784_thumb.jpg

Left is my mom's phone.

post-81420-136138368987_thumb.jpg

Back cover and battery removed.

post-81420-136138373366_thumb.jpg

Main housing screws removed.

post-81420-136138375611_thumb.jpg

Main housing removed with the side buttons, speaker and antenna connecting wires.

post-81420-136138380333_thumb.jpgpost-81420-136138382955_thumb.jpg

Main connector connecting the screen removed.

post-81420-136138386295_thumb.jpgpost-81420-136138388005_thumb.jpg

One more connector removed.

post-81420-136138389892_thumb.jpg

Mother board removed to swap with moms phone.

post-81420-136138392157_thumb.jpg

post-81420-136138396837_thumb.jpg

post-81420-136138400077_thumb.jpg

post-81420-136138401931_thumb.jpg

post-81420-136138406339_thumb.jpg

post-81420-136138408969_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vinod Nayak
  • Like 6

Ultimate one, @ P Vinod Nayak :- You did that Surgery ?