Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

If by phone working fine you mean display & touch response is working properly, why you need to replace the digitizer?

Replacing Front Glass Outer Cover, Something like this should do. >> Front Glass Outer Lens Touch Screen Cover for Sprint - Samsung Epic 4G D700

• Like 1

Thanks Ranjan bhai thats exactly what i wanted. Only the front glass.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Digitizer not separable from LCD.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

csmart i don't think so, i just ordered for 552rs just the front glass. With kit to seperate the broken glass and for it.

@ vinod I would suggest u be extra careful while separating the glass so as not to break the LCD and also while pasting it back so no light bleed. Hv seen enuf botched up jobs.

Sent from my Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2

i am willing to sell mine..condition 10/10..buyers in kolkata can contact me..i wont be able to ship or port another's number, though i can facilitate the process..prospective buyers can pm me..price negotiable.

@sanjay I'm not going to do that myself. Will pass it to a Samsung dealer to get the job done.

I doubt if the authorized guys will handle it u better talk to them first. I hv seen the best phone hardware guy in Mumbai avoiding this :mellow:

@vinod, I would listen to sanjay Jee if I were you.

He has plenty of experience as far as getting the stuff repaired scenario goes.

Sent from the DAD of all S2s - The Epic Touch.

• Like 1

Hi, I'm having some problems with my epic, on which I've changed the number through webworld guys after requesting them relentlessly to do so. Yesterday the new number has been activated & worked for some time. I tried to upload nv items using cdma workshop(backed up nam & nv items before doing so), I don't know what was corrupted from then on my number is not working getting switched off if some one calls & if i try to make calls i get not reachable. So presently neither incoming/outgoing calls nor incoming/outgoing msgs working in my phone. i did try to restore original nam & nv items that i backed up but resulted in vain. I opened my backed up nam file with notepad or wordpad there is nothing in that file except for heading "Nam Settings". And one more important thing is that a-key is not saving even after manually feeding it through cdma workshop, although the a-key write is successful I'm getting all zeroes as a-key if i try to read it in cdma workshop. *228 asks me enter 9-digit pin, the web world guys here not so helpful here so they won't do OTA even if i request them.

So someone please help me on this by shedding some light in finding a solution for this.

Edited by yaseen1214

Use Odin to clear your phone EFS to Flash the modem.bin of the respective Rom you are on.

Samsung Galaxyâ„¢SIII Tapatalk

csmart i don't think so, i just ordered for 552rs just the front glass. With kit to seperate the broken glass and for it.

Did u manage to change the digitizer?

It did not match. So waiting for the right one.

Samsung Galaxyâ„¢SIII Tapatalk

post-81420-135107958022_thumb.jpg

Am very eager to know the outcome. Hv literally thrown away captivates in the past cos of the broken digitizers and not being able to separate from lcd.

Hi, I'm having some problems with my epic, on which I've changed the number through webworld guys after requesting them relentlessly to do so. Yesterday the new number has been activated & worked for some time. I tried to upload nv items using cdma workshop(backed up nam & nv items before doing so), I don't know what was corrupted from then on my number is not working getting switched off if some one calls & if i try to make calls i get not reachable. So presently neither incoming/outgoing calls nor incoming/outgoing msgs working in my phone. i did try to restore original nam & nv items that i backed up but resulted in vain. I opened my backed up nam file with notepad or wordpad there is nothing in that file except for heading "Nam Settings". And one more important thing is that a-key is not saving even after manually feeding it through cdma workshop, although the a-key write is successful I'm getting all zeroes as a-key if i try to read it in cdma workshop. *228 asks me enter 9-digit pin, the web world guys here not so helpful here so they won't do OTA even if i request them.

So someone please help me on this by shedding some light in finding a solution for this.

This is not a problem.

If u don't understand any teqnical codes then just go for factory reset.

Or 1) go to ##debug# from dial pad

2) after entering pin go to OTHERS

3) HDR/1X SELECTION select hybrid.

That's it problem is solved.

for people who are using non factory provided headsets with samsung epic 4g use this method to enable headset controls over music player, dont know if it works with other phones, let me know

1. If you're not rooted, root. (This will void your warranty, do this at your own risk.)

2. You will need some kind of root file explorer with a text editor (I personally use "root explorer" off the market, very simple and great interface).

3. From the root directory, go to system/usr/keylayout and you will see a file called sec_jack.kl. You need to open this file in a text editor. Don't forget to mount R/W. In root explorer, hold down the file and scroll down to "open in text editor."

4. It will show something like this: "Key 248 SEND_END".

You want to change this to "Key 248 HEADSETHOOK WAKE_DROPPED"

(The amount of spaces you use doesn't matter, but use at least one and make sure you use underscores where specified.) (Additionally, if you are running 2.1, you may want to change this to "Key 248 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE WAKE_DROPPED" instead; scroll down to the bottom of this post to see why.)

5. Save changes. I would delete the backup file it creates, but this is not necessary (I like to keep my root directory clean).

6. You probably should remount the directory as read only again.

7. Reboot your phone. Changes only take effect then.

^

But you are replacing SEND_END with media player key right? So presumably while in calls using headset the press of headset button will not end the call? Or will that still work?

^^ it will work im using it

• Like 1

Had been to the Samsung service center with my Epic, according to them it's risky to remove glass only. They say trying to change the glass only can damage the LED screen and the digitizer. He showed me the display of S3 for example. The display is as thin as paper. So I have decided not to go for the glass change. I'm gonna change the whole set, Display, Digitizer and Front Glass. What say?

Samsung Galaxyâ„¢ SIII Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me if the front glass of the Epic can be removed by using heater on it? Without disassembling the phone?

Changing the whole combo is a better decision.

And no plans don't try to remove the glass without disassembling, heat may damage other parts of phone plus u will break the LCD for sure.

Can anyone give me the best price available on the net? For the whole assembly glass digitizer and the screen.

Guys .. Pls help me to find the GPS setup in my epic 2.3.6

Need to enable cold start. The GPS performance is pathetically bad

@Vinod: Please take care while buying just the lcd+digitizer combo. I bought the same over ebay.com and got it shipped through ICC. The digitizer they sent me worked but it was faulty. When I put the phone on sleep mode the screen does not wake up and light up but the touch is working so i can switch the phone off or restart as i know the button positions.