Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
gaurangbhartia

Leechers -

I have been in this forum for a short while, but recently, some of the forum members were unhappy due to people who 'leech'.

Let me start by giving a definition of leechers : they are people who take knowledge from the forum but do not contribute back !

A question comes to my mind... at a point of time, when I was not knowing anything at all (I literally knew nothing), I used the forum to learn. I was helped by a lot of people like (Saddik, Hitesh, Muffadal, Dkaile, Hetal, and others to name a few) knowingly or unknowingly(through their posts). I wanted to contribute a lot back but due to lack of technical knowledge, I felt helpless ! Will I be branded as a leecher ?

Another question that comes to my mind is that when we were all kids, going to a school, learning new things in life from our teachers/friends, have we contributed everything back ?

If a teacher has 10 students, and some are unfit for learning, should he stop teaching ?

How can we know if a newbie is a leecher or just a newbie waiting for the knowledge to get imparted ?

My point is that we cannot know who will turn out to be a leecher and who will turn out to be a guru in future. Out of 100s or 100000000s of people, only some turn out to be like Muffadal, Saddik, Hitesh, Hetal, Dkaile, etc. But how can we know which one will turn out to be like whom ? People who have achieved a lot are few aren't they ?

My whole point of writing this post is to request :

Mods/Gurus :

Please don't get disappointed by some people and continue being considerate to newbies. Afterall, they form an integral part of the forum as Gurus don't need the forum for knowledge ! It is the newbies who eventually have to learn and continue the forum and pass on the knowledge to other newbies.You might only find 1 in a thousand, but don't loose your chances of finding that 1.

Newbies :

Please try and contribute in whatever way you can. Afterall, sharing & caring will make it a better world for everyone !

This is just a thought that has come to my mind.

Hope it is taken in a good gesture. :)

• Like 2

I happened to see this Leechers topic in the home page and thought to myself, Oh boy someone finally started talking about torrents! You are well versed in it right, go post :D Now, I believe that there are these Leechers as you mentioned only in the BUY/SELL section. These guys have zero contribution in general sections and are in just to grab the exicting deals our members put up especially Sadik ji and Hitesh ji. How can one leech in other sections?? IMHO, the LEECHERS today (if any) will be the SEEDERS of tommorrow :)

This is a long run topic for a long time in the past...and I request not to open the topic again...This future of the topic what i can say is - there will be fight of words and finally Arun will close the topic !

Maybe the title should be changed - Leechers to Freeloaders, to avoid any confusion with Torrents.

Being a mod on another (motoring) forum I think I have some experience on this issue. As long as a newbie (I still consider myself to be a quasi-starter here) does not make too much of a nuisance of him/herself some naive sounding posts/queries are only to be expected and accepted.

Only when they start talking on everything that issues crop up. I will suggest that a newbie stays quiet for some time, and after a while you can pickup threads where the gurus are in serious discussions (best watch and learn but no post) and others which may be more appropriate to your participation. Why watch and not post - try not to disturb the flow. If you have a query a PM may work better.

Edited by sgiitk

A question comes to my mind... at a point of time, when I was not knowing anything at all (I literally knew nothing), I used the forum to learn. I was helped by a lot of people like (Saddik, Hitesh, Muffadal, Dkaile, Hetal, and others to name a few) knowingly or unknowingly(through their posts). I wanted to contribute a lot back but due to lack of technical knowledge, I felt helpless ! Will I be branded as a leecher?

RIMweb is a community and its not matter of helping the very same people in the very same manner as they have helped you. Of course be ready to reciprocate in whichever way one can.

Share your domain of knowledge with everyone who needs here.

The way RIMweb is going diverse in its discussions now-a-days, I don't feel the need of reading anything elsewhere.

leechers : they are people who take knowledge from the forum but do not contribute back !

NO they are people who take knowledge - dont give back and mint cash more over ask same thing again to many experienced members / mods - do not take pain to search the forum - Silently walk off.

I wanted to contribute a lot back but due to lack of technical knowledge, I felt helpless ! Will I be branded as a leecher ?

No u wanted to contribute - that changes thing if you dont know in beginning u can at least appreciate efforts and be a part of it - i would like to quote example of Parin - watch him Grow

there is always a question - WIll i get BIS in BB and how to activate in TATA - are both are already answered 10k times at least search n look

some are unfit for learning, should he stop teaching ?

kids who know they are left behind should work hard and read more books and understand fast as there is always a exam in year end

How can we know leecher or waiting for the knowledge

Time teaches......

Please don't get disappointed .... learn and continue the forum and pass on the knowledge to other newbies

believe me all members (wont say gurus or mods) will get disappointed when they see no effort from newbee to learn

Newbies :

Please try and contribute in whatever way you can.

:clap::signthankspin:

PS: these are my opinion ///// @gaurangbhartia i appreciate your effort to com forward

• Like 2

I can't contribute much technically, but I compensate that (I hope) by posting nice deals, ways to save money n stuff. Non techies can try this route.

@vinay

man ur answer in genius !!!

LOL

:Contento: :Contento: :Contento:

+1 for that answer

vaddi vaddi baaten karna laga hai londa,if ur not married, time to get married.hehehe. +1 to u

@vinay

man ur answer in genius !!!

LOL

:Contento: :Contento: :Contento:

+1 for that answer

I have a slightly different opinion on this issue. In any forum there will always be some gurus like our own Muffy, Hitesh, Sadik, Dkaile to name only a few. No harm intended for others not mentioned. Some with some knowledge and many with little knowledge. I wont say no knowledge because it is the little knowledge that made them join the forum.

I have very little knowledge on our subject but want to KNOW. At the same time I have no intention of becoming a guru.Rather I dont have the 'stuff' to put it humbly.

I have very strong knowledge on auto mobile and and I enjoy replying to queries in a related forum.

I think the same will be applicable to our gurus here also. THEY ENJOY SHARING THEIR EXPERTISE AND HELP OTHERS. :Contento::Sorprendido:

So there is no question of leeching. You need members to view your post. Just note how many views are there for a posting. That is the very purpose of any forum.

Edited by thilak.kmb

I am on rimweb from 2004 in this 6 years Journey Rimweb & its members including me have changed a lot.

All of us learnt a lot and have made profits directly or indirectly be it tariff or handset. So its not a blame game.

I remember I visited RIMWEB while searching for Ringtones for my N191. At that time every help was FREE. This days you ask for help many members ask for 1K for their Expertise.

It was around April 2004 when selling started on large scale "MOGUL". These days majority of People know rimweb for buying imported handsets for Reliance even Google gives rimweb preference. Now it even has Seller/ Buyer Feedback Ratings similar to ebay.

But still I visit Rimweb daily for getting various types of Help and Updates.

this issue can never be solved in India... unlike Chinese and other forums.. they seed leech just for betterment of their knowledge..

time to time.. some seeders go to hibernate mode.. some leechers start sharing to prove they also seed..

people who invest to get Know-how if charge something is feasible..

almost all questions replied by Genius.. but going out of the way and opening this topic is really appreciated..

Thanks Gaurang.

I wonder what old techs and seeders think now when they rare visit our forum.. Puneet, Ashoksoft, Chirag, Ashok JP, Kalpak Shah, and more those of us banged our heads for months to inject ringtunes in LG 2030 and Samsung 191. :) Those were days man... BITPIM was Classic... I literally have folder called Classic and saved all those files with .MMF Ringtunes. ... :)

Puneet, Ashoksoft, Chirag, Ashok JP, Kalpak Shah, and more those of us banged our heads for months to inject ringtunes in LG 2030 and Samsung 191. :) Those were days man...

All of your efforts are seen here Sadikk and Co. U have cellwalla pan India support - and me Strongest solo supporter of U - i believe.

....dont forget Daddu Kamal Ji.....Kahan ho aap......

i suggest newbee to first read here and in some like forums and at least make terminalogy clear, google is ur best friend - so that when we say zero ESN you GET it and do not ask WTF is ESN

746f3_ORIG-denise_milani_tennis_13_610x878.jpg

Play Hard ...

All of your efforts are seen here Sadikk and Co. U have cellwalla pan India support - and me Strongest solo supporter of U - i believe.

You have my support too... (in whatever way I can, I'm ready to help)

i suggest newbee to first read here and in some like forums and at least make terminology clear, google is ur best friend - so that when we say zero ESN you GET it and do not ask WTF is ESN

Haa haa, I'll be surprised of they ask that question ! Btw, most of the imp stuff on the forum (incl. the tutorial you are referring to...) is gone... :'( ... sob sob...

off topic :

vaddi vaddi baaten karna laga hai londa,if ur not married, time to get married.hehehe. +1 to u

@ shadaabsharik - Ahem ! I'm single so far... But I think I'll have to take the opinion of 'Experts' before going into this venture (hope the gurus are listening) whenever my time comes... lolz ... Thanks Btw... :D

Edited by gaurangbhartia

....dont forget Daddu Kamal Ji.....Kahan ho aap......

746f3_ORIG-denise_milani_tennis_13_610x878.jpg

Play Hard ...

Genius Bhau....daddu ji yaheen hain.....kahin nahi gaye....:)

Ab yeh photuva dekh ke toh bhai log HARD PLAY karna he padega. :D

i have a ques???

i dont have much knowledge about imported handsets, their programming even not about EVDO. every thing that i have learnt about imported handsets and their programming, EVDO, android and much more is just because of this forum and its members. i m a regular reader on this forum but my posts are very less just because i dont have much knowledge and also my 90% of the posts are in buy sell forum. my ques is AM I a so called leecher. Every time i read any topic in which i have some knowledge i found that either someone has replied what i know or that member even knows more than me so i dont make a post.

i dont know where this topic will end either it will encourage newbies to participate or will let them go out from this forum.

i want to conrtribute and will try to do the same.

kynki main to dheet hun sudhrunga nahiiiii :Riendo: