Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

CDMA In India – Past, Present And Future

CDMA Rev A >> Rev B >> LTE

or

Rev A >> LTE

this is the way CDMA players will go..

Its been close to an year for me to shift from GSM (Idea) to Reliance CDMA under MNP. I am really happy as far as voice clarity, network coverage and tariff of RCDMA is concerned. But the single issue which some time makes me think whether I made the right decision to shift from GSM to CDMA, is the non-availability of good, reasonably priced RUIM based handsets.

I do agree that there are good handsets at the top end, mostly imported ones. But what impairs the CDMA acceptibility is the flexibility GSM offers. I use blackberry curve and there are fewer choices as compared to GSM. Talking about mid-level handsets, I have observed that if you have good battery life of a handset, you may not have a good phonebook and vice versa.

Though I have few friends in Reliance webworld who help me out quickly, I still feel that change of handset brings in too much intervention of service provider as compared to GSM.

Last month, I briefly changed from blackberry to Samsung 239 and again wanted to go back to blackberry. I remember it took me a full day to get my blackberry unlocked and get the number restored. Perhaps I am still influenced by the easy operatability of Nokia handsets. I am not sure how long my love for Reliance will continue. Never know, one day I may go back to Idea.

Edited by abhisathe

^^^ Rimwebians do not face such problems..

Now this forum has models that meets the requirement 90% of the users. you need to have patience. there are not more handsets in low range but the seller are always getting something or the other and they provide all the assistance. Unlocking is thing of past if you purchased from a reputed seller of the forum.

Edited by csmart