Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rajanmehta

Awesome New Android-Meizu M9

Meizu has released the Awesome Meizu M9 Android Mobile in China on 1st Jan 2011. This is some phone with very impressive specs at the price.

Comes in 8GB & 16GB Versions.

Price in China.

For 8GB Version-2499 Yuan Approx Rs 16,943

For 16GB Version-2699 Yuan Approx Rs 18,299

m9-pic-rm-eng.jpg

Specifications

Android 2.2

Samsung S5PC110 1 Ghz Cortex-A8 processor (same in Google Nexus S)

3.5" Touchscreen, 960X640 Resolution (Yes, You read it right. Matches iPhone 4 Retina Display). Display is Sharp IS03 ASV.

5 MP Camera with HD Video Recording, 720p.

Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS, micro SD Card Slot (Support upto 32 GB), mini USB Port, accelerometer, proximity sensor and ambient light sensor.

GSM, GPRS, EDGE, WCDMA, HSDPA and HSUPA

Phone measures 59.8×113.0×11.2mm, and weighs 123 grams, lighter than Apple's iPhone 4

1370mAh lithium-ion battery

It seems entire China has gone crazy over this phone.

meizum9launch01012011.jpg

• Like 2

:eek: amazing specs..

sawsome youtube videos .. looks good ... when will get here in india ???

sawsome youtube videos .. looks good ... when will get here in india ???

i dont it will available in India thou....

nice very nice

Front of the phone (excluding buttons) looks like iPhone... But specs are very good and price is also OK.. Sure our rebranded ch!nese phone makers like Micromax wont look at these phones.. All they look at is Rs50 per KG Android phones from China and paste their company stickers on them.. They are damaging Android image than helping it to reach masses, imho...

Only phones like LG O1, Samsung Galaxy 3 sort of handsets may help Android in reaching masses or atleast VFM conscious customers of India (read MOST Indians) who are waiting eagerly to try Android.. May be Olive or Huwaei also bring some decent specced and VFM Android phones to India...

I have loved this phone since its show in the www a few weeks back.. Good that they have launched.. I am not familiar with the chinese language, but would have to figure out a workaround of getting this phone into my hands.. (Because me planning to goto dcm after mnp).. :)

Front of the phone (excluding buttons) looks like iPhone... But specs are very good and price is also OK.. Sure our rebranded ch!nese phone makers like Micromax wont look at these phones.. All they look at is Rs50 per KG Android phones from China and paste their company stickers on them.. They are damaging Android image than helping it to reach masses, imho...

Only phones like LG O1, Samsung Galaxy 3 sort of handsets may help Android in reaching masses or atleast VFM conscious customers of India (read MOST Indians) who are waiting eagerly to try Android.. May be Olive or Huwaei also bring some decent specced and VFM Android phones to India...

Rs 50 per KG ... lol !! what a nice way to describe our rebranding companies ...!!! :rofl_200:

Public Frenzy In China For This Phone! Incredible! And Don't Forget To See The Last Photo For iPhone Crowd on The Same Day!! Lol.....

meizum9-launchlg2.jpg

meizum9-launchlg3.jpg

meizum9-launchlg4.jpg

meizum9-launchlg5.jpg

The last photo was taken by some Android website it seems, lol that explains. Android > Apple.

But really this looks great. Similar in looks to iPhone, it is like an iPhone running Android. Great price.

The chinese are really delivering some great hardware, and software too. There is huge hype around MIUI (google for the youtube video for MIUI ROM on Android) which was made by Chinese.

^^ The MIUI ROM is an awesome feat.. Chinese do know how to bring things to the 'masses'...

Looks awesome. Someone should launch it in India.

I have loved this phone since its show in the www a few weeks back.. Good that they have launched.. I am not familiar with the chinese language, but would have to figure out a workaround of getting this phone into my hands.. (Because me planning to goto dcm after mnp).. :)

8 GB Version of this phone is now available online for international customers here at $ 449 http://www.dealextre...ls.dx/sku.54116 :)

That's about Rs 3,415 premium compared to Local China Price but Shipping is free.

And the above site mentions phone language as English :Sorprendido: & Simplified Chinese alongwith English User's Guide Included.

Guys I recently got in touch with Meizu Guys regarding launching there products in India. Seems we have to wait for a while as the the phone's rom is in chinese language rt now. Below is my conversation with the marketing guy from meizu:

Dated: Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 12:10 PM

subject: Setting Up Meizu Online & Offline Distributor Store North India

Hello

I was quite impressed with your latest product Meizu M9 and I am Interested in distributing Your products in India Initially by Online store and then later by offline shops.

India is a huge market for your kind of products. I am based in North India, New delhi and interested in promoting your product.

Kindly let me know if your company could help me start promoting and distributing your phones and other products to the consumers of India.

Regards

Syed Rahil Ahmad

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your email.

In the initial stage, we'll have only Chinese version of M9 for domestic market, to be launched by the end of this year. It might be 2~3 months later for the international market, we hope. We'll keep you updated when we're ready to discuss details.

Best regards,

2010-12-20

Ramon

===================================================

Meizu Technology Co., Ltd.

Add: Meizu Tech Bldg., Technology & Innovation Coast, Tangjia Bay, Zhuhai 519085, Guangdong, China

Tel: (86-756) 6116257 Fax: (86-756) 6116250

Http://www.meizu.com

^^ Rajanbhai, I think it must be in its beta (test) phases as of now...

Chinese Android Beauty Meizu M9 Gets Gingerbread Android 2.3 Update

Source

Also known as an alleged Chinese ripoff of iPhone, this Android smartphone from Meizu has got the Gingerbread update. Launched with FroYo on-board on January 1 this year, it didn't take long to get the 2.3 goodness.

While some users are reporting odd issues with the new update, otherwise the reports are positive. In other reports, M9's Quadrant scores have crossed the roof after this update

Yes really [see the pic below].

meizu-m9-spyshots_image1.jpg