Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
HetalDP

Samsung Fascinate Now Official With Reliance

:previous:

EVDO speed in Ahmedabad too is pathatic. Only advantage is phone do not remain busy and can receive incoming call. Else EVDO now a days is no fun.

Amitji rightly said. 1X would be more efficient.

Anyways, reliance has chosen to axe its own feet by giving EVDO on fascinate. IMO :winko:

Only Difference is of EVDO.

And please mind, EVDO speeds are not so good

:previous: very true amitji.. many times BSNL 3G is better than official Reliance EVDO..

exactly amit... I too have thought many times of leaving reliance, but always fall short due to the ultra low cost of my latest handsets (at least 10-12K less than the gsm counterparts) and unbeatable unlimited 1x packages and lowest tarrifs... even after heavy usage my total monthly bills hardly cross 5-600 bucks and thats unbeatable anywhere in the world with 24x7 data...

Finally RCDMA opening up to high end handsets. But will not be widely used unless the handset prices and EVDO tariffs are competitive.

Hetal does this mean a) that they might switch on EVDO for us non-official, or B) exactly the opposite that the might not switch it on ever - like the stupid BB policy, or c) status quo

I wonder whether TATA may bring any such Android phone in return???

See the fate of we Indians... Though TATA has good EV-DO/HSIA data (comparing RCom) plans in mobile/tethering usage such as 1GB for Rs300 (I am using this one) and 256MB for Rs100, they have very very limited EV-DO handset options... In RCDMA case, this is in reverse...

@Harshal

Blackberry have Problem of Locked Server Pointing for BIS so Reliance can not help even they they configure BIS of your BB PIN Blackberry will always point to Foreign BIS server.

EVDO in imported Device is Possible But only after Modifying Security and Completely disallowing RWorld Password Login by this devices.

You know how difficult to diallow rworld password. Their revenue model is based ln Rworld and give them 10-15% revenue.

Cdma has problem on evdo front. Even on verizon or sprint people are exploiting evdo loophole like any thing.

So $urpr!ses on EV-DO also possible in RCdma??? Then RCdma users have very good reason to NEVER care about MNP... I always wonder how come TATA has NO loophole at all (except the very very small one, we all know)...???

how come TATA has NO loophole at all (except the very very small one, we all know)...

What do you have? Since it is off-topic, PM me :)

There we go... Hang tight guys lots of fun enclosed..

:D

There we go... Hang tight guys lots of fun enclosed..

:D

didn't understand :Equivocado::NOTriste::confuse::Confuso::sos::help:

There are ways to get evdo on unofficial handset

all is u have to catch the right person who can get that for you

• Like 1

^^^

Rightly said .

• Like 1

New DL09 Update for the Samsung Fascinate (still NOT Froyo) Update is out - http://support.vzw.c...nstructions.pdf

Edited by dkaile

Has anyone updated his fascinate as yet?

I tried but its not finding any update.

I think it requires USA servers.

Please check and tell.

Would anybody show me how to enable SMS delivery report on Fascinate?

If there is no default settings in the phone, can anybody provide a free application on this?

Another ppt uploaded in main thread

^^^ Rs 500 off for 6 months on the Rs 650 plan...Would this mean that you will pay Rs 150 per month for next six month for 1 GB EVDO Data?

Can someone clarify what are plans available in RCOM for using EVDO in mobile and also for EVDO-tethering?

Another ppt uploaded in main thread

Hetal, sorry to be offtopic but: would you have any idea when RCOM may launch BB 9330 & 9650 ?

samsungatlas.jpg

Wow !

How do you guys manage to notice it so quickly.

I have been opening rcom h/s page everyday to check if 9330/9650 have been launched and still didn't see this.

BTW, its also showing Motorola Milestone cdma+gsm there.

Edited by ami1