Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
pankajthere

BlackBerry 8330 Curve 1X- 1XEV Problem PRL 5

Hello everyone,

I am facing a weird problem and after doing a lot of research and reading on almost 10 forums, i am summing up my problem:

1. Took BB Curve 8330 official from Reliance for 26K in 2009.

2. Started off with BBM, mail & messenger plan.

3. Migrated to 1099 full data plan after few months.

4. Never got 1XEV and asked the guy @ RWW. He said it shall come once 3G is activated etc. I din bother to confirm anywhere else.

5. After all my research, i got to know that my PRL is 10 and i need PRL 5 to get 1XEV.

6. Mailed customercare.blackberry@relianceada.com and everywhere else possible.

7. First they promised to correct it, misguided me, confirmed me on mail that they have enabled it on my number and finally declined after a lot of mess.

8. Now they say the only way to update a PRL is change the handset and reply to me that it was your mistake to get a handset from reliance soon and other crap. They're just showing their real standard of fooling the customer always.

9. They're asking me to pay 4k to get a crappy refurbished handset with PRL 5 in exchange of my device which is in a mint condition.

10. I read on many websites that outside India, providers like sprint etc. provide a no. like *228 and press 2 etc. for updating a PRL.

11. I need to update my PRL to 5 anyhow and i dont want to swap my device :(

12. These 'chors' aka 'thiefs' are helping me in no way now and are avoiding their lies, the way they were confused themselves n misguided me.

13. Please provide me with PRL 5 and the detailed method with the apps needed.

I know all of you here are genius' and can help me out guys !

Please reply asap. God bless. Cheers

Pankaj

Indore (M.P.)

Tap tap tap

here i am

u need some skill for this with software and u can update PRL

PM me your mail i shall tell you

Edited by Genius

Get your Service Programming Code of Handset from Reliance PRL is just Handy and anybody can give you SPC is required

If reliance do not give spc, downgrade rom and get spc. then update prl

I asked the reliance people. They refuse to even understand the term SPC. So i'll need to take it out by downgrading my OS to 4.5. Right now m on Boost 5.0.

Also, i got the PRL mobile 5 and indian website. But someone told me to get an extracted PRL 5 from a curve 8330 itself to be completely sure that its gonna work now :)

So,

what i still require is

SPC

PRL 5 (extracted from a curve 8330 with 1XEV working ;) to be 100% sure)

the correct methods to upload a PRL as in what name should i give to PRL file, what other things should i keep in mind.

You guys rock ! thanks :)

i appreciate the fast response, now please help me all of you fight these reliance ppl and make me use full features & value out of my handset :) at 1XEV :D

Cheers !!

i tried using UniCDMA v .0.98 . It reads everything well and good. Shows me my ESN etc. Changed the com ports to 1 and 2 in device manager. rebooted..

done everything.. still ...

it shows error readint at address 0x1067ed90...

it is not going beyond that :(

i'm unable to find my SPC code :(

tried every trick... nothng happening !

Please help...

whats the OS version on your device.. if its 4.5.0.xxx, please downgrade it to 4.3.x.xxx or 4.2.x.xxx to read your SPC.

lowest version available on Blackberry's site is 4.3.0.199 for Reliance as a carrier..

tried it all...

nothing works :( sadness..

i've given it so much of time and energy.. but failed to win ...

whats the OS version on your device.. if its 4.5.0.xxx, please downgrade it to 4.3.x.xxx or 4.2.x.xxx to read your SPC.

lowest version available on Blackberry's site is 4.3.0.199 for Reliance as a carrier..

Os 4.5.131 and below are memory. Unlocked Os .

U can visit mobile-files.us for my full tutorial about 8330 programing

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

My Dear Friend to get EVDO prl is HSD prl is necessary but also call *355 and ask from broadband dept. To check whether A12Auth (a technical term for BB+ service) is enabled on your number or not, If not then ask them to enable it, also do not disclose that u r using Blackberry , simply say them u r using corby handset :)

:previous: he is using OFFICIAL Blackberry 8330 handset dost.. so no point of not disclosing the fact.. :)

After 100 problems, somehow i'm close to winning it guys :) THANKS TO ALL OF YOU :) esp @ hetalDP..

i uploaded PRL Somehow without QxDM only... i am finally seeing 1XEV :D but it fluctuates with 1X :( an d i cannot browse @ 1XEV. Data only @ 1X

pls see the screenshot ..

AN : not auth

throttling enabled on 1x and even RTAP...

pls tell me if some changes to be done from my side

BECASUE THE RELIANCE CUSTOMER CARE HAS FAILED TO PROVID AN AUTH : AUTHENTICATED STATUS :( .... LOOSERS !!

all of you attached the Detailed scpost-73262-0-80791400-1294982827_thumb.jreenshot consisting of all the required info.. pls advice... :) cheers ! thanks :)

waiting keenly ... :D

One more advancement i could take my issue by myself was understanding the QPST PPP / AN section. Where my username is given as ESN@evdobb.relianceinfo.com

and password is blank as in the screen

so do i need to change those settings? do i need to make it myreliance93number@evdobb.relianceinfo.com ? No na... cos for PPP dialing #777 and user/pass my number is used. even that fetches 1X though so no use :S :(

I am very close to achieving 1XEV AN auth : authenticated and surf on 1XEV network....

can anyone tell me what i need to do next to this? I've really created tension in the BB team here and they're over this issue. I'm getting sorry calls and what not from their mumbai team.

I'm so close to it that now i don't want to go back in the middle :) cheers !!

If you got prl 5 done on your hand set .mail reliance blackberry customer care to activate EVDO network on you blackberry number.I have activate1XEV on my both the blackberry by mailing them ,and got 1XEV service activated with 5hr. .

Done everything. Mailed, called, mailed again, called many more times.

Bottom Line AN Auth: Not authenticated/ authentication failed

HELP !!!!

It seems the only thing which needs to be done now is EVDO activation from Reliance Backend...

You have to Call..Mail..Again and again and at the right place...

For some moral support and further guidance for EVDO backend activation, go through this thread http://www.rimweb.in...ng-in-reliance/ :Riendo:

Handset is different but problem is same...

okay dude.. i'll try that too... but its really sad on reliance team's part that they are unable to do this from a damn week ! first the PRL issue, now this EVDO issue... bunch of engineers or just bookish knowledge animals.. :(

i had earlier tried callin @ *355 and all... nothing happens.. will try again.. will tell them *363 asked to contact here if they get to know m on blackberry :P

Does not work.. they are now scared to give in any reply infront of all the technical data, screenshots etc. which i am giving and which they aren't understandind...

dunno when will this happen :( done everything .. they're saying that the issue has been escalated to higher levels and will revert back once the solution is found...

anyways .. thanks all .

Cn Give me prl 5?..also any method to activate 1x data ??

Friends, Since last 4 days the 1XEV is not working on my 8330, it's showing 1XEV but whenever I send or receive mails it is switching back to 1X. the BB CC says that they are upgrading their system hence the issue. But I doubt that the problem is only on my connection. Anybody facing similar issue?