Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Fundraiser for MEID Registration and EVDO Activation on Reliance CDMA

And can EVDO work on Motorola Droid 1 and Droid X.

Wow... Thanks a lot to HP ji, Sadikk bhai and Arun ji...

But I dont have RCdma connection and please give we Tata users also a chance..... Please force TATA people also by say showing them these results in RCom and any other means, if possible... Please.. Please... Please...

For TATA, I am even ready to pay 5 to 10 times more for what is now charged in RCom's case (as HP sir once told, it is only ONE OUT OF TEN success rate in TATA's case)...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Eagerly waiting for the payment process. I suggest that its better to make a sequential process wherein data is feeded online, picture uploaded and transaction done through netbanking/creditcard, and a unique transaction ID generated. I hope thats not a big issue. BTW count me in for the current and future fund raising to be used for removing th shakles of CDMA on users like me.

:previous:

A seamless process would have been implemented if it was being done as a business; but it isn't a business deal as the money paid is a donation/contribution (as there isn't much expense for the actual process). The aim here is raise the funds equally among all members interested rather than expecting a few members to shell out the whole money for the overall expenses in the past and future.

BTW, I have updated the FAQ (in the first post) with a couple more questions I received.

Wow,Thanks guys,this is really a dream come true. Hats off.

sent mail yesterday night.. waiting for the response for further process.. :)

Am glad to have made my part of the contribution. :SI: Have deposited the money in the account mentioned by Sadik Bhai. Would again like to thanks Hetal Bhai and Sadik Bhai for their wonderful dedication and work. Without them we would still have been stuck on stupid and dumb handsets and my Incredible would have been a very distant dream. :signthankspin::clap::signthankspin:

Thanks and Regards

Manuj Gupta

Thanks a lot to Hetal, sadikk and Arun... One more milestone for beloved Rimweb... i m eagerly waiting to comeback india as i cannot transfer money from here...cheers all...

I have Verizon BB 8330 and 1x is working on RCDMA.

I guess, it is ESN based. Can EVDO be activated on it without registering MEID ? If yes then I think I need to pay Rs. 750. for this.

Let me know if my understanding is correct or not.

Thanks.

As most of you are aware by now MEID Registration and EVDO Activation on Reliance CDMA is a reality now thanks to efforts from members like HetalDP, Sadikk, etc. This will allow foreign CDMA handsets to be activated legally and use on Reliance Mobile CDMA network with EVDO. We never know if Reliance may force A-Key authentication which can affect foreign CDMA Handsets configured by changing ESN in the past; and changing handsets or selling to someone is a hassle too - so MEID registration is the way to go for complete peace of mind and you get the oppurtunity to have EVDO as well. Without doubt this is a major achievement for everyone for which we have been waiting for several years.

This is the most beneficial and constructive thing ever to happen in any forum. Hats off to those who have thought of this.

SHARING THE COST TO SHARE THE BENEFITS is the principle of Insurance. A similar thing is happening here also.

A really commendable initiative.

I have a HTC EVO ready for activation. Kindly give details for payment.

As most of you are aware by now MEID Registration and EVDO Activation on Reliance CDMA is a reality now thanks to efforts from members like HetalDP, Sadikk, etc. This will allow foreign CDMA handsets to be activated legally and use on Reliance Mobile CDMA network with EVDO. We never know if Reliance may force A-Key authentication which can affect foreign CDMA Handsets configured by changing ESN in the past; and changing handsets or selling to someone is a hassle too - so MEID registration is the way to go for complete peace of mind and you get the oppurtunity to have EVDO as well. Without doubt this is a major achievement for everyone for which we have been waiting for several years.

Hi

How A-KEY will be generated ? Will you generate it using MEID which we sent to you and will provide it to Reliance? In this case this AKEY will need to be feed into our devices.. Better if Reliance pushes over air..

It would be difficult to develop universal tool which works on all the device make..

I think for foreign handsets we need to put it manually

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I think for foreign handsets we need to put it manually

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

@parin I don't think so we need to put it manually as the sets would be registered with Reliance and we can do OTA prog using *228 which will push the A-KEY to the handset.

Thanks

Better if Reliance pushes over air..

No. Reliance dont push it OTA. What options do we have??

It would be difficult to develop universal tool which works on all the device make..

Universal for all is difficult. But mostly all handset pouring in will surely support it though.. hope no one get Helios or Pantechs.. :)

@ sadikk and Hetal

I truely appreciate you guys effort and optimism. But you must make it clear to all contributors that developing software in cdma environment itself is very difficult and better you clarify that despite your all best effort few or all future handset may not get supported by UNIVERSAL software you people are trying.

Remember that once people pays they try to master and expect all services from you. They will forget that this is fundraiser to cover expenses HP and you made to turn dream into reality.

There are loads of such failed software line UNICDMA, UNIVERSAL CDMA, I forgot name of few others. Only successful (fairly) such software is CDMA WORKSHOP which cost US $ 100 per year.

^^^ Dont u worry.. we have more thn 100 request for registration.. and only 2 payment so far.. :)

Welcome to india sir.

:previous:

Probably payments would be pouring in by tomorrow evening as NEFT takes a day to come...

People were waiting for this to happen and this Fund raiser will give a chance for them only to experience easy programming using the tool. :signthankspin:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

What Kshah told is absolutely rite - When people start to pay, they forget to think its a fundraiser and they will be with mentatlity - WHY CANT U !!!!

And to People...Please wait, if they are not getting back in time....They r so busy with all these...

Edited by harismahesh

Let me remind u all here.. we are not committing to provide any tool to program phones in near future..

we are covering up cost involved till now and might use funds to develop such tool (which can take months/year..) - until that happens the manual configuration details will be discussed in the forum or by email.

so we are not committed to provide anything on demand.. even though we do share and help guys with problems already..

• Like 1

:previous: Updated FAQ in first post to clarify that!

This is great news now i can shift to RIM EVDO finally

Let me remind u all here.. we are not committing to provide any tool to program phones in near future..

we are covering up cost involved till now and might use funds to develop such tool (which can take months/year..) - until that happens the manual configuration details will be discussed in the forum or by email.

so we are not committed to provide anything on demand.. even though we do share and help guys with problems already..

THATS A GREAT ANNOUNCEMENT !