Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shrik

Idea, BSNL, Etisalat Subscribers Face Maximum Call Drops: Govt.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/telecom/idea-bsnl-etisalat-subscribers-face-maximum-call-drops-govt/articleshow/7718916.cms

The government today said Idea Cellular, Etisalat and state-owned BSNL subscribers are facing the problem of frequent call drops and they are not meeting the TRAI benchmark regarding it.

"As regard the parameter (laid down by TRAI with regard to call drops)...BSNL, Etisalat and Idea are not meeting the prescribed benchmark," the Minister of State for IT and Communications Sachin Pilot told the Lok Sabha in a written reply.

According to the parameters laid down the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), a telecom network is considered as "worst affected cells" if more than 3 per cent of phone calls are not complete.

The network of three companies named by the minister fall under the worst affected cells category.

previous.gif BSNL i can completely understand, but for Idea at least the data should have been circle specific. In my experience, I have faced the least number of call drops, with Idea, compared to any other operator in Mah. at least. And that applies to even calls with v frequent cell handovers, like in a fast moving car. Even RCDMA used to drop calls once a while, (despite being on CDMA!) but Idea VERY rarely.

get an idea :roflol:

Idea may have best Gujrat and Maharashtra Network but Mumbai, Delhi and all other places where it have spectrum in 1800 is as pathetic as New Guys in game

Even me find it hard to swallow that Idea fares poorly with call connectivity. TRAI should have come up with circle wise assessment instead of rationalizing.

Also suprised that RGSM finds no mention here!

Any 1800 or 2100 mhz network has call drop issue. It becomes frequent as network load increases as cell foot print drops.

previous.gifWell, in my experience, call drops with Docomo even when on the move are pretty low, even though its on 1800 MHz. Maybe quite as rare as Idea though. Ya, their network was acting up around the time when they launched 3G, but it seem to be back to "normal" now.

And ya, its amazing that RGSM does not figure right up there for call drops. Something fishy...??

Edited by raccoon

And ya, its amazing that RGSM does not figure right up there for call drops. Something fishy...??

I suppose Call Needs To Be Initiated First For Call Drops To Happen!!!

I suppose Call Needs To Be Initiated First For Call Drops To Happen!!!

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: Very Very TRUE...