Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Chirag

Handset Warranty / Insurance

My handset charger was not working properly since its cable was gradually breaking off the end...

So i visited the LG Service Center, and To my delight they immediately replaced the charger! And i had ppl who were ahead of me in the queue who were being told by the Service center guys that their handset was out of warranty period(1 yr) and hence they need to now purchase a new charger! Wht was amusing was, tht they told them, tht they dont repair the charger, they dont open it! Then wht is a service center for??

Just a suggestion, before ur handset warranty period(1 yr) is over, break the charger and get it replaced!!! :rolleyes: atleast u'l be sure tht u have a new charger wid u now!! hehe..

Moreover, i'd like to know wht things r covered under this warranty? And how is insurance different from warranty(i am not talking abt loss of handset). are all the services for repair of handset absolutely free till 1 yr??(like breakin of glass etc)

And if they rn't, then wht all is insured? and how much is the insurance?

My frnd who accompanied made a comment: "Looking at the no. of times u've visited the Service Center in 1 yr, be assured of huge expenses from this sick handset in the coming yrs!"... So true !

actually chargers arent covered under warranty.. because its an accessory. so it seems service guys arent experienced or it might be a goodwill gesture.

warranty is for one year. and 9 months for lg battery and 6 months for samsung battery.

insurance is for 3 years, u can claim charges more than rs.150.

what doesnt cover insurance? ony god knows..

water damages...accidents...wilfull damages..servicing with unauthorised service person... the list goes on...moreover insurance is for only rs.7000 . so if u lose the handset u have to pay the difference of rs.3500 that means itz as good as getting a new connection.. so be carefull. u require an FIR...where again u have to spend something to spend for that... in short itz not easy/simple to get warranty...so be carefull. ;):confuse::confuse:

actually chargers arent covered under warranty.. because its an accessory. so it seems service guys  arent experienced or it might be a goodwill gesture.

The handset charger is covered under a warranty of 1 year. I got mine replaced for free by LG couple of days ago, after the same problem of loose connection at the base. :D

hi guys,

I was involved in an accident on my two wheeler and got hurt badly..the mobile..LG RD2030 fell from my pocket and the LCD monitor got damaged badly....the characters on the screen are not visible at all..The mobile is working fine...and there is no problem with other parts...

What should I do now..?? I am still inside the warranty period..Will the monitor be replaced for free as there is insurance..? Or will I have to shell out some money for it..??How much does it cost for the LCD monitor?

If the monitor can't be replaced..,then what should be my next step....Plz guys..i require guidance on this thing..

Best Regards,

Yokel

Well i have seen LCD monitors for nokia gsm replacement

They were around 250 - 300 Rs..

I mean they can be replaced in phones..

But when it comes to price, remembers its Reliance..

Hope it doesnt cost you, if you are under warranty

Enquire in your nearest service centre :eek:

Accidents aren't covered by warranty.

So you have to try your luck with the insurance company.

The procedure goes somewhere like this.

1. Go to LG authorised service centre.

2. Get the handset repaired.

3. Pay the bill and get the bill copy.

4. Visit RWW, get a claim form.

5. Fill up and send this to National Insurance Company.

6. If your'e lucky and the claim is accepted, you get the money you paid minus Rs.150.

6. If your'e lucky and the claim is  accepted, you get the money you paid minus Rs.150.

I guess its some percentage of the bill that will be reduced from the refund and not constant Rs.150 ;)

hi guys,

I was involved in an accident on my two wheeler and got hurt badly..the mobile..LG RD2030 fell from my pocket and the LCD monitor got damaged badly....the characters on the screen are not visible at all..The mobile is working fine...and there is no problem with other parts...

What should I do now..?? I am still inside the warranty period..Will the monitor be replaced for free as there is insurance..? Or will I have to shell out some money for it..??How much does it cost for the LCD monitor?

If the monitor can't be replaced..,then what should be my next step....Plz guys..i require guidance on this thing..

Best Regards,

Yokel

:D Its like this:

:o

If u lose ur phone or if the phone is badly damaged due to accident then it does not stand under warrenty repairs or replacement. So you need to go for repairs and insurance.

If the repair charges are above 70% (above Rs.7000) then they ask u to go in for a new handset (the insurance cover is 70%) by paying Rs.3500 + Rs. 150(insurance process fees) and filling a claim form at the nearest web world.

If you still insist for repairs, they will do so. You can fill the claim form at the service centre itself and courier it or better hand deliver it to the Insurance company.

If the the repair charges come to say Rs.8500 then you are refunded Rs.7000 from the insurance company. (Rs.7000 or repair charges whichever is low is refunded)

;)

If the repair charges are below 70% then you get it repaired and fill a claim form at the service centre itself (and pay Rs.150) and courier it to the insurance company. Your insurance amount (the repair charges) reaches u within a month.

;)

If u lose ur phone or if the phone is badly damaged due to accident then it does not stand under warrenty repairs or replacement. So you need to go for repairs and insurance.

Yokel, can u cook up some reason to prove that ur phone wasn't involved in an accident ?? hehehe..

so in other words, Insurance is only for the phone being damaged for any problem within the phone? And not any external damages?

Then dont ppl get insurance cover when the top LCD glass cracks??

The Glass itself costs some 350 bucks i guess!

If the repair charges are above 70% (above Rs.7000) then they ask u to go in for a new handset (the insurance cover is 70%) by paying Rs.3500 + Rs. 150(insurance process fees) and filling a claim form at the nearest web world.

If you still insist for repairs, they will do so. You can fill the claim form at the service centre itself and courier it or better hand deliver it to the Insurance company.

If the the repair charges come to say Rs.8500 then you are refunded Rs.7000 from the insurance company. (Rs.7000 or repair charges whichever is low is refunded)

If the repair charges are below 70% then you get it repaired and fill a claim form at the service centre itself (and pay Rs.150) and courier it to the insurance company. Your insurance amount (the repair charges) reaches u within a month.

well what is this logic?

the handset prices are down now.

how can they charge 10500?

hi,

I really appreciate your help guys....

i went to the LG service centre..

They told and showed me that the LCD got damaged..along with the glass on top of it...They said..i can get an insurance on it..

LCD display - Rs.750

LCD glass - Rs.300

I paid the amount and got the things done...then went to Reliance office ..took the insurance claim form....the executive there told me to send the bill and the broken parts to the insurance company..I will write that the glass broke due to excessive pressure or somethin.. :) So..I'm in the process of doing that..thx for the help..

Best Regards,

Yokel..

so in other words, Insurance is only for the phone being damaged for any problem within the phone? And not any external damages?

Then dont ppl get insurance cover when the top LCD glass cracks??

The Glass itself costs some 350 bucks i guess!

Hey guys: ;)

The phone is always insured (even if damaged due to accident)

Only the warrenty thing comes in when the phone is not externally damaged.

So he can claim even by saying it was a road accident.

In Short:

If repaired under warranty, he does not pay anything

If repaired under insurance, he pays and claims it back :)

Did you know that if you forgot your lock code and want to get it reset from the nearest Service Center, they will charge you Rs.160 if the warranty of your handset had expired ! :wacko:

In case your warranty period is over, you can find out the lock code using uniCDMA software, yourself ;)

Did you know that if you forgot your lock code and want to get it reset from the nearest Service Center, they will charge you Rs.160 if the warranty of your handset had expired !  :wacko:

In case your warranty period is over, you can find out the lock code using uniCDMA software, yourself  :wacko:

oh wow, thts quite some info! Abt those 160 bucks :angry: .. but damn all operators do charge something or the other if the phone gets locked. Its like a service charge. Whtever!

But do post abt the UNICDMA thing somewhere in the forum for ppl like me! I forget things very easily! ;)

Hi guys & gals(if any),

Today, I've shifted to Pre-Paid plan from postPaid. I'm using LG RD2030. I've come to know that my Insurance couldn't live any more :( As I've taken the connection in Late September, my warranty... Oops! -_- I mean my handset's warranty will be still available.

My questions are, :P

1. How can I get a new insurance for my handset?

2. As I don't have any bill for the handset itself, is it possible to prove the purchase date of the handset for a free service?

For free service no issues, LG people will be having the database of when the same was purchased and stuff. no worries.

Insurance you have to do it on your own, but no use .

As far as I can remember, there was no Cash-memo isssued against te handset. is it possible to start a fresh insurance for the handset?

I don't think you can start a fresh insurance now, unless they start such an offer.

Do Pvt Insurance companies offer Insurance against Mobile phones to individuals?

Do Pvt Insurance companies offer Insurance against Mobile phones to individuals?

8188[/snapback]

I'd like to get this thing under notice once again. Can we get our newly bought handsets an insurance cover with any company for loss/theft atleast??

Wat abt handsets that are converted to prepaid from DAPO? are they still part of insurance till the 3yr period?

Please please somebody enlighten me on the insurance policy for handset under DAPO!

Does it cover cases of lost/stolen handsets?

Thanks in advance!!

Jus go and take a form from the RWW regarding insurance of DAPO phones. You need to fill that form, tick the right category and make the FIR in that format from the nearest Police Station. Submit that back to the RWW or the Town Office that manages the Insurance of DAPO phones, and they'll give you a new phone.

Please please somebody enlighten me on the insurance policy for handset under DAPO!

Does it cover cases of lost/stolen handsets?

Thanks in advance!!

Yes, it does. I did claim last year when my GFs cell was lost. I just had to provide the webworld with the copy of the certified letter which I gave at the Police Station, and they did the rest. Within 20 minutes we got the new handset...though we still had to pay 3500 rupees for that as the inmsurance cover is for 7000/- only for the handset with 10,500/- MRP...

Cheers!