Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
aboy0110

Dial With Prefix +91 issue with Palm Pixi

Dear Palm Gurus/users..

I noticed a strange behavior with on my Palm Pixi plus. Whenever I dial a number with the prefix of +91 for eg. +919324XXXXXX, I get a message "please check the number you have dialed". But the same number I can connect by dialing 09324XXXXXX. Is there a setting or a patch I can use to get this fixed. After I synced my facebook profile and made it primary, I am unable to call anyone who has their number entered in facebook with the +91 prefix.

Kindly advise..

^^^ This is not because of Palm Pixi Plus.. It is because of the CDMA tech (atleast with rcom, i Guess)..

When I used to have rcom cdma connection, i was never able to dial any mobile/ll with the prefix +91... I also had to face such issues, and so,I would just click on the name and then in options, I would click 'edit before call'.. and then remove the +91 and add a 0, and then dial.. I hope you have a feature of such a thing in palm pixi plus...

I am also using RCOM CDMA on my Samsung B-559. I dial all numbers using the prefix +91 and I have no problem. Maybesomething to do with the indiviual settings of your phone rather than an inherrent problem with RCOM.

There's a software for this. Check in palm pre section, I've posted it there. You can also find it from web. It would resolve + for you.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

The software is idial plan

Will the same software work for Incredible or can you plz help the same issue on Incredible...

Thanks

for incredible, pl. do the following to disable +91 dialing

menu > settings > call > NBPCD > set current country as India (404) & international direct dialing code as "00"

then click "done" and then select "assisted dialing". Disable assisted dialing.. you're done..

hope this helps..

Edited by aalok

Can you please post the link to the software you have posted ? I am unable to find it - idial plan

I am using +91 happily in my Incredible 2. You have to feed the phone as to what + means. Once set to 00 (set region to India - 404 for Radio) I have no problems. sms sometimes fails (about 10%), but resending without any prefix (no0 even on out of region nos) works. Please make sure (if you have it) to disable Assisted Dialling and restart (clear the cache).

Edited by sgiitk

i had SMS problem while migrating from Touch Pro to Epic. Epic could not send SMS with +91. i change all numbers in excel. exported all cotnacts to excel and then replaced all +91 to 0091.

i had SMS problem while migrating from Touch Pro to Epic. Epic could not send SMS with +91. i change all numbers in excel. exported all cotnacts to excel and then replaced all +91 to 0091.

I don't have any problem in sending sms to +91 numbers. You can try Call Settings, International Dialing and replace it with 00. It may work as it is working in my epic.

@csmart; I too had an Epic4G. No sweat with +91 on sms. Maybe I had set the code correctly to 00 for +! I could not get +91 to work for by BB8330 so edited all +91's to 0.

The only point I have problems calling/sms'ing on the Epic was my daughter-in-law who has a 776 number (Karnataka Airtel, I think). It works fine with 0. I had once contacted Reliance CC and was escalated quite a bit. The lady there was monitoring while I was sending out sms'es, and finally suggested that I stick to 0....

I noticed a strange behavior with my Motorola Milestone XT800 (Dual SIM CDMA+GSM) mobile. Whenever I receive incoming call with the prefix of +0091 for eg. +00919703254XXX, my mobile display shows only number so unable to see calling person’s name even if the calling person’s name and number saved in contact list. If try to call back on the same number with the prefix of +00919703254XXX I get a message "This number does not exist please check the number and try again". But the same number I can connect by dialing 9703254XXX. Is there a setting or a patch I can use to get this fixed?

Note 1:- I am facing this problem on my CDMA TATA Indicom network that too only from Vodafone and Uninor users.

Note2:- I am not facing problem on my GSM network and call comes with the prefix +919703254XXX and even I can call back on the same number.

Even in Nexus S, I am facing this problem. If numbers are stored in +919.. format, I am not able to dial.

Anyone has idea where to change the setting so that this problem is solved

Menu > Settings > Call Settings > International Dialing >

enter 00 here for nexus S too :)

@aalok; I agree 100%. I have +91 in the majority of my numbers with no issues in calling. I have the same settings as you suggest.

Only occasionally I have problems with sms, even a 0 prefix does not work. I now I use Handcent and whenever this is happening manually remove the +91 or 0 from the number. Apparently, you cna sms anywhere in India without a 0 prefix.

^^^^ posted solution for android

I also get same problem with Palm Pixi Plus. I did not get this problem with other handsets (LG, samsung and nokia 6275 handsets) on same Reliance CDMA number.

Does anyone have any solution for this problem?

Does that iDial software work for Pixi Plus also?

Thanks in advance