Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Pulkit Gupta

Need Suggestions For GSM Android Phones

Hmmm so finally ordered one Dell xcd35.

Still thinking which one to buy for 15k option i think desire will be the best option.

Thanks all for the help for the first one still I need your suggestions for the second one.

Never thought buying a phone will be such a headache.

Samsung Galaxy Pro B7510 DOESN'T HAVE MULTI-TOUCH :NOTriste: and records video in QVGA (@15 fps) only...

:previous: Yes it doesn't. :NOTriste: But any idea if its going to get Gingerbread (officially and unofficially)?

Basic problem you face is that you are never sure what exactly you want in a "Handset"?

Do you want it to make you a cup of coffee, buy cheaper petrol or be your "girl friend"?

OR

Do You want Isaac Newton's Brain, Marilyn Monroe's Beauty, Ferrari's Speed, Toyota's Reliability at a Chinese Price ?

Unfortunately both the above ain't gonna happen anytime soon..

You have already used Samsung Epic in CDMA, iPhone 4 in GSM and now looking for a 15K Budget phone for you in GSM..

Do you seriously think any Desire/Defy are ever going to satisfy you? I don't think so.. It will be a futile exercise and you will be here again in less than a month..

An alternative course of action for you..

Instead of buying a 15K handset now, buy any good handset below 10K or better buy the cheapest one for the moment.. Use it for approx 2 Month...

In July, HTC EVO 3D GSM Version is coming... Buy it then.. That will satisfy the urge for something "New/Best/Perfect" for quite a long period..

Edited by rajanmehta
  • Like 2

^^^^^ Surgical precision in analysis Rajan Bhai

Edited by loypalm

Basic problem you face is that you are never sure what exactly you want in a "Handset"?

Do you want it to make you a cup of coffee, buy cheaper petrol or be your "girl friend"?

OR

Do You want Isaac Newton's Brain, Marilyn Monroe's Beauty, Ferrari's Speed, Toyota's Reliability at a Chinese Price ?

Unfortunately both the above ain't gonna happen anytime soon..

You have already used Samsung Epic in CDMA, iPhone 4 in GSM and now looking for a 15K Budget phone for you in GSM..

Do you seriously think any Desire/Defy are ever going to satisfy you? I don't think so.. It will be a futile exercise and you will be here again in less than a month..

An alternative course of action for you..

Instead of buying a 15K handset now, buy any good handset below 10K or better buy the cheapest one for the moment.. Use it for approx 2 Month...

In July, HTC EVO 3D GSM Version is coming... Buy it then.. That will satisfy the urge for something "New/Best/Perfect" for quite a long period..

sorry for the irritation caused by me rajan ji. i didnt wanted to do so. :NO::sorry:

i know what i want but was confused a bit in desiding which handset to buy. i was previously thinking of buying defy which i thought was best in my budget but now i will be going for desire which is absolutely better than defy. this option i got here and this is why i asked for help from fellow rimwebians. :)

well i dont like coffee but a glass of beer will be awesome :cheers: and my girlfrnd always says i love my mobile more. :P

u may be right that these ph might not work for me after using epic nd iphone4 but i have to buy one. if i buy a ph below 10k then for sure i will be back here again performing that alternative course of action of mine. and the cheapest one will not fullfill my needs. this time i want a handset which i can keep for some long time. and with limited funds in hand i have no other choice to go with defy/motorola. desire fits best to my budget and specs are also gud.

i always ask for help because i know u guys with better knowledge, experience are there to help. trying to learn from u guys. :)

Thanks all for the suggestions. i will be buying htc desire. :SI:

:signthankspin:

Edited by pulkitgupta3195

Arrey bhai, I am not irritated, may be amused..

Good that you have finally decided on Desire.. Hope it will truly satisfy all your Desires..

But that keeping the handset for a long time vali baat hazam nahi hui.. Chalo dekhte hai.. Kitne mahine chalta hai..

:previous: hazam to mjhe bhi nhi ho rhi. every time i buy a handset i decide that this one is final nd no more changing of handset but with in a month i have to change :P . will try this time to use it for a really long time.

ab desire k liye best offer to batao...

This is called Real KLPD. desire out of stock on flipcart and saholic.com and on letsbuy its 22k. :'(

Rajan ji help finding me the best deal for desire warna fir se ek topic creat karna padega lolzz...

Buy Motorola Defy

I can vouch for it. It may not be the best looking phone but is a great value for money product.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

:previous: Hes looking at the below 10k range. Besides, the Ace is currently overpriced. Desire and Defy are more desirable and "VFM" in the 15k range. :)

I was talking about the <15k range.... Besides it's just my opinion :)

Defy is sub 15k on letsbuy with coupon.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Rajan ji help finding me the best deal for desire warna fir se ek topic creat karna padega lolzz...

Pulkit Bhai, bahut mehnat karva lee apne Rajan Bhai se.....Chalo ab jaldi se Chandni Chowk ki mashhoor Ghantewala Halwai ki Desi Ghee ki 1 Kilo Jalebi pack karva ke seedha Rajan Bhai ke paas Courier ker doh. Ab itna toh woh deserve karte hain. :P

• Like 3

Wah Kamalbhai.. What an idea Sirji !!

Pulkitbhai, Jalebi dispatch ho jaye to courier tracking number bata dena.. SI.gif

sure... aap address pm kardo main 2kilo jalebi courier kar dunga.1kilo aapk liye aur 1 kilo kamal dadu k liye for this great idea. :SI:

Last suggestion please

HTC DESire S http://www.letsbuy.com/htc-desire-s-p-14840

OR

SAMSUNG GOOGLE NEXUS S http://www.letsbuy.com/samsung-nexus-s-i9023-p-14389

considering price and specs samsung google nexus s is i think better.

Google Nexus-S; direct software support from Google. Also supported by leading modded softwares like Cyanogenmod.

@pulkit

1. Another very viable option if the decision is IMMEDIATE & since you raised the budget, LG Optimus Black http://www.letsbuy.c...ck-p970-p-18692

• One of the thinnest & lightweight.. 109 gram..
  • World's first & brightest IPS LCD Nova Display.. 700 nit.. 50% power saving compared to normal LCD.. No other phone currently has greater readability under direct sunglight.
  • Corning Gorilla Glass Scratch Resistant Screen.
  • Rest of the specs are not worse than Google Nexus S, HTC Desire S.
  • Comes with Android 2.2 but Gingerbread will come officially. I don't consider no Gingerbread out of the box to be the deal breaker if other factors are better.

2. But you do take time. (Weeks & Months..). Informed Rumour.. A little birdie tells me that Saholic (Online Venture of Spice) is bringing HTC Desire S in some time at a killer price in the same way it bought HTC Desire at Rs 15.5K when other sites were selling it at Rs 22K +.

Edited by rajanmehta

@rajan ji

Just waiting for my iPhone 4 to go. And hopefully it will be gone by tuesday.

Do u prefer lg quality over samsung nd htc?????

It's possible saholic can offer htc desire s for 15.5k nd make it out of stock. But will not wait for this to happen.

Finally bought htc google nexus one For 14.7k for myself.

@ Rajan Ji aapne to address send kiya nhi to aapk hisse ki 1/2 kg jalebi maine khali. Isse pehle baki ki bhi kha jaun address pm kardo..... Aur waise bhi ab to naya ph le liya ab to Meetha khana banta hi hai......

^

Link please

Congratulations pulkit, get back with pics on latest hw purchase

CID relieved now

Edited by Genius

@ dheeraj ji

http://cgi.ebay.in/BRAND-NEW-BOX-PACK-GOOGLE-NEXUS-ONE-LOWEST-PRICE-/110714354131?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item19c716f9d3

When I purchased the same was for 15450/- I used a 5% discount voucher so final cost landed 14677.50....

@vinay Ji thanks nd will upload pics once I receive it.

^

Looks a splendid deal. Better than Defy that I bought. I tried calling that chap today but he didnt answer his cellphone. Just update upon receipt of your phone whether it is sealed pack, original, new (not refurbished) and factory unlocked.

Edit: He also called me back and gave me same info as you have given below.

Edited by dkaile