Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
hovs

Can we have a search engine?

Hello everybody. One of the major issues that the moderators of this forum should be facing could be that newbies like me in their enthusiasm to post their opinions will rush to post it without going through all the posts and topics before. It is both time consuming and probably avoidable to expect everyone to read all the topics and then start a new topic. Though I don't have the competence or knowledge about to link a search engine to a website, I know it is possible as can be seen on certain sites. Can it be considered to attach a search engine (preferably free with few ads) to this site for the convenience of all us.

I dont know whether you have noticed but there is already a "Search" function in the Forum

If u navigate to the top of this page you will find a link "Search" with a pic of

magnifying glass to its left.

Or try clicking here > Search

Look at top where u can find really good looking search button. (besides the Help)

IPB has good search capability.

:confuse:

oh ashok already replied.. :)

oh, theres absolutely nothing to apologise for dude! ;) We've all learnt on how to use Forums and especially the invision board by actually asking ppl...

Look at top where u can find really good looking search button. (besides the Help)

IPB has good search capability.

oh ashok already replied..

lol... u can see that our mods would always want to help members with the Forum. Look at them, how eager they are to help u'll out.. Thnx Niket and Ashok for replying to ppl's post in real time!

:) It will be good to see more ppl posting here with queries on how to use the forum, we'll surely take time out to reply to each post and guiding each one, and let us know if our post was of any help to u'll...

Make the New Newbies Forum to urself guys !! :)

Hey Admin,

why not add ur site to google search engine !!

14864[/snapback]

We r already there, and thats how most of our members have come to rimweb.com

Type in Reliance IndiaMobile and u'll see that rimweb.com is listed jus below relianceinfo.com right on the 1st page!! :D

thats great i too noticed it............. :D:(:(

Invision Power Board already has a powerfull search engine integrated with it. Why need a third party site to search RIMweb.com ? Also, Google's service is a paid one :o

No Arun, Google is paid only if you dont want Googles Logo on your search page. Also you will have Googles logo on your web page next to the space for the search thing. The later can be removed by Html editing not the former, but it can be customised.

But it is useless compared to the one provided by IPB.

Search engine integrated with IPB works fine.

There is no requirement to change it with google.