Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Bablus

Recommend Men’s Shaving System

@ SV Pathy, you forgot to click on the button to say kudos to H.V. Nath. I'm clicking on +1 on behalf of you :winko:

@ SV Pathy, you forgot to click on the button to say kudos to H.V. Nath. I'm clicking on +1 on behalf of you :winko:

:signthankspin: I learnt it now!

Dr thanks for your explanation. On the topic of knotty beards, I did not explain clearly my bad. I mean that for people who shave once a week or less, if they use this then how will the beard look when it grows, will it not appear circular twisted and knotty due to the rotary blades?

Edit ignore seen city's explanation.

Out of + quota again, will give to both for your reviews.

Edited by digitalnirvana

same answer - no

its not possible for circular blades to change the direction of your facial hair growth!

that's a myth if others believe it also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaving

Myths

Shaving does not cause terminal hair to grow back thicker or coarser or darker.

This belief arose because hair that has never been cut has a tapered end, whereas, after cutting, there is no taper.

Thus, it appears thicker, and feels coarser due to the sharper, unworn edges.

The fact that shorter hairs are "harder" (less flexible) than longer hairs also contributes to this effect.

Hair can also appear darker after it grows back because hair that has never been cut is often lighter due to sun exposure.

In addition, as humans grow older hair tends to grow coarser and in more places on the face and body.

For example, a teenager may start shaving their face or legs at around 16, but as they age hair will start to grow more abundantly and thicker, leading some to believe this was due to the shaving, but in reality is just part of the aging process.

http://www.malehairr...l-shaving-myths

Dr thanks for your explanation. On the topic of knotty beards, I did not explain clearly my bad. I mean that for people who shave once a week or less, if they use this then how will the beard look when it grows, will it not appear circular twisted and knotty due to the rotary blades?

I am looking for a trimmer and shaver ... Philips QG3150 Grooming Kit was my choice,

later i came to know it has terrible battery life and it can not be used while charging! :(

any other products ?

now l am looking for trimmer only. recommend products??? help me out!

owever, i also keep a Gillette as backup [M3 power or fusion with 4 blades per cartridge instead of 3] which needs a AAA battery so that i can shave against the grain for extra smoothness that my wife demands!

post-594-0-50601200-1312434437_thumb.jpg on an unrelated note: i tried shaving with a regular mach 3 and was shocked at how much worse it was than the battery version of gillette ...

it took more time / strokes and more cuts [usually in the neck area] for the same end result

unfortunately i have not seen the turbo in india yet but highly recommend it for those who are not using electric shavers

I am using Imported Gillete-Fusion (5 Blades + 1 blade at top-back for more accuracy), bought from our Buy-Sell Forum from usrmv (Senthil) and later has bought 5 sets of blades from him... So availability is NOT much of an issue, just ask Senthil... It also comes with optional AAA battery operation for ulta-grain (opposite) shaving... One blade works for 3 to 4 months min, I shave only once a week only...

I am using Imported Gillete-Fusion (5 Blades + 1 blade at top-back for more accuracy), bought from our Buy-Sell Forum from usrmv (Senthil) and later has bought 5 sets of blades from him... So availability is NOT much of an issue, just ask Senthil... It also comes with optional AAA battery operation for ulta-grain (opposite) shaving... One blade works for 3 to 4 months min, I shave only once a week only...

i shave 2-3 times weekly and my gillete blades only last about a month [approx 5 weeks] or

roughly 15-16 shaves max

i forgot one important issue with rechargable philishave when they run low on battery:

the blades can snag on your stubble [that happened to me today!] :nerves:

the key is not to panic or try to use brute force where you may end up ripping your facial hair off and that would be painful...

1. try to switch the power on and off to see if the baldes can complete cutting the hair and hence release the 'grip'

2. if that does not work, try to open the top cartridge

[there is usually a button to pop this 'lid']

this will work 99% of the time,

always use prayer for the remaining 1-2% :hypocrite:

• Like 1

this will work 99% of the time,

always use prayer for the remaining 1-2% :hypocrite:

Wonder what would be the will work - prayer ratio in the Topaz Blade Days - 50%-50% :rolleyes:

i just bought a norelco for $80 in DC a month ago and its amazingly better than my older phillips [rs. 4-5 k at croma a few years ago]:

1. the charge lasts twice as long as philips

i have been using electric shavers for 15 years now without any side effects and my beard is NOT coarser or 'circular' as mentioned in prev posts here

Norelco is the Brand Name used by Philips in the US. So you have a Philips. The stuff you get in India is the absolute bottom end and the cutters wear out in under a year. I hope never to buy these again. $80 is about Rs4k while the ones here retail for under 2k. You get what you pay for.

The one you have is a series 7 or lower. The cutters are in three rows in the new series 8, while up to 7 you have a single row.

The newer ones all use Lithium cells, thus the longer battery life and reduced charging time. There used to be fast charge (1 hour) even around 1990 in the models sold in the UK. Only these are capable of being used on mains for shaving.

Edited by sgiitk

post-4900-0-56767800-1315801944_thumb.jp

This is a Philips Series 8xx. See the three rows of cutters in the blades. Please compare with the pic of the regular range which has a single row. The wet and dry type also have a single row but the profiles of the comb (the outer part of the cutter which is visible) is totally different - two types of apertures.

Edited by sgiitk

Hey, need to gift a friend Men's Shaving System..

So finally which system u gifted? Curious to know....

^

When in doubt... Give Cash.. :P

Guys, I have shortlisted 3 trimmers

1. Philips QT4019

2.Panasonic ER206KK

3.Philips QG3030/10(Grooming Kit)

Need your advices.....

Thanking you

My own Philips 8-series electric shaver was getting a bit old and the cutters were getting a bit blunt. After over four years I was thinking of buying a new one, since the US brand is Norelco, with a totally different model line up, so there was no hope for cutters from there. Then my son docanurag discovered that cutters/heads were available on amazon.com, with the cutter number as identification. The cutter nos are identical in Philips and Norelco. So I have managed to order a set of three cutters for under $40 (delivered) from amazon.com. In my shaver the model and cutter information is available under the clipper.

Got my HQ9 cutters from Amazon.com today. Being US sourced Norelco was bigger the Philips on the box. Direct drop in replacement. The fine print says that the life is two years (ideal one year). Everything was fine, except for the DTDC chap who never rang the bell and took an ack. He just threw the packet in the driveway and vanished at some time. Fortunately, we were going somewhere and found and picked it up. Typical DTDC behaviour.