Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
MOBILE FAN

Need Advise To Buy An LCD TV

I need to buy an LCD for my parents in Ahmedabad. The 30" Samsung CRT is for sell.

The budget is around 35k. Plz. suggest good LCDs in the 32" and 42" segment.

Ideally, I am against buying an LCD because of not enough channels with HD content and skewed viewing experience while watching 3:4 content on 16:9. I am still using Sony CRT at Pune. However, it seems that recently the TV companies have stopped manufacturing CRTs. So to be future-proof, I am going for LCD. Dish TV is already present and once we have the HD, we would decide for HD set-top box too.

I know there are many enlightened ppl in this forum who can help me in this buying decision. So Plz. help.

Its not only HD content. the picture quality and color is better on LCD compared to CRT. its always better to go for newer product as you know that tech changes faster. better go for LED or LCD. Recently my in-laws got Samsung 40D5000 for 40k from grey market in Ahmedabad. abt a month ago.

Chirag, Thanks for sharing your views.

I would also like to know the reason for buying a particular model. I understand few things like contrast ratio should be higher, Speaker should be loud enough to avoid spending on home theater and it should be full HD for future readiness. I may not know some other parameters.

So I want advise on these lines. Like why a particular brand/model is good and why it is value for money etc..

Setu, i came to know about the purchase later on. its purely based on economics and not technology. no attention whatsoever towards technology.

Samsung is doing good now days with full LED. while in India, Sony is famous. model depends on whether you need 3D or not and from where you are buying. grey market or official dealer.

home theater experience is totally different and depends on lot other factors like woofer size, channels (5.1 or 7.1), how it is installed etc. so thats more sort of personal choice. the voice in current TVs are decent. but you cannot compare with HT.

By and large you have covered - Two more to add are

1. The Service Support - You need to check who has a good Service Network in your area for the selected particular brand / model.
  2. Warranty Coverage - You need to check who gives maximum warranty coverage. :detective:

^^^

Those are good points.

So the list so far is -

1. Higher Contrast Ratio

2. Full HD

3. Speaker. - Loud enough to avoid compulsory Home Theater expenses otherwise.

4. Large Service Network.

5. Longer Warranty.

So plz. suggest the brands/models that fits the above parameters. This would be guide for all upcoming flat panel purchases.

MRP and grey market price will always vary and difference is quite substantial. it can be anywhere around 30%. so you need to decide. whether to buy from grey or with warranty. if u know seller then grey market should not be a problem.

Thats a good point. However, ppl may describe their experience on repairs required during the 1 year (warranty period).

Also, when you say grey market, do you mean the online selling sites like ebay, letsbuy. Or you mean the local shopwala ?

Edited by MOBILE FAN

^ i mean local shop/dealer who deals in imported stuff. they generally import. its like passenger piece. everything is same, only no warranty. they buy it officially from Singapore/Hong Long / Bangkok and other countries and pay duty and still it is cheaper than Indian sellers.

:previous:

You can get the latest models with more features than available in the local Show rooms. But no Warranty.

Another alternate is,

you can ask somebody to get it for you from S'pore or Dubai.

or
fly to S'pore / Dubai and pickup a LCD / LED which costs within Rs.25,000/- range - to avoid Customs duty.

Yes, I am aware of Dubai. Also, asked one of my friends in Dubai, if he can bring it. But the main point here is to list down some good brand/models. Nobody has suggested any so far.

:previous: You need to check with your Dubai friend on the currently available models there & the on going prices for FULL HD LED or LCD TVs.

My suggestion is to go for SAMSUNG - which offers Now technology & best price.

Edited by admirer2000

@SV Pathy,

You are right. But at this moment the chances are Slim that I would be able to get it from Dubai. So right now, it would make sense for me to go for the models available in India.

Samsung is a good brand. Which are the new models that you would recommend ?

For LED

http://www.samsung.c...type=subtype_p2

For LCD

http://www.samsung.c...type=subtype_p2

I bought a LCD 32" Series-5 1080p from Dubai last year for ~ Rs.29K. It is really apt & good. Prices are reduced there now and I suppose, you can get LEDs for the same size & price(or need to pay little more) there.

01_small_120.jpg

icon_new.gifUA32D5900VR

rating-4_0.gif

1 reviews

MRP Rs. 49,900/-*

Save Compare

bg_quickview_left_arrow.gif

UA32D5900VR

• Series : 5
  • Screen Size : 81.28cm (32)
  • Dynamic Contrast Ratio : Mega Contrast

rating-4_0.gif1 reviews

1_120.jpg

UA32D5000PRMXL

rating-4_8.gif

11 reviews

MRP Rs. 45,900/-*

bg_quickview_left_arrow.gif

UA32D5000PRMXL

• Series : 5
  • Screen Size : 81cm (32)
  • Dynamic Contrast Ratio : Mega Contr

recently i was been to Dubai tour.

I had brought Sony 32BX320 model,

And using it on tata sky(SD)/Cable.

feature are listed on website. http://www.sony.co.in/product/klv-32bx320

It's not FULL HD, but HD ready 720p. and none of DTH companies is having 1080p broadcast, all are 1080i.

So current requirement is fulfilled.

This model is also available in Indian showroom, price at about 29k. i brought at appoz 17.5k.

Didn't paid any custom duty bcoz price was below 25K

anout warranty:

It says warranty valid in UAE, Pakistan, nepal ,shi lank and INDIA, for 1 year

i brought from Shraf DG. website link is http://www.sharafdg.com/shop/products.aspx?cid=379

One of best shop to buy in dubai. they have many branches in dubai and sharjah.

Rate mentioned in website are all updated.

Or u can call him to get latest rate. then convert into INR currency.

It's not FULL HD, but HD ready 720p. and none of DTH companies is having 1080p broadcast, all are 1080i.

I heard about these jargons all these years and now trying to understand. After googling, I found out that HD ready means the TV is capable of showing HD content but it doesnt have its own HD tuner and shows 1366 x 768

However, Full HD = 1920 x 1080 pixels.

When you say, all channels are 1080i, what does that mean ? Does it mean they are compatible for HD Ready or Full HD ?

what do u mean by compatible?

You have check whether TV input support for 1080i signals. then you can view..

tv mentioned in previous post is supporting 108oi signal, so

no problem in viewing

for detail read this article

http://reviews.cnet.com/720p-vs-1080p-hdtv/

Hd ready tv will play 1080i as well as 1080p.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

What is the main difference between hd ready and full hd?

HD ready is 720p whereas Full HD is 1080p.

That means, the picture on a HD ready display is divided into 720 horizontal lines and scanning is progressive(p) whereas for Full HD the display is divided into 1080 lines and the scanning is progressive.

Keeping the ratio 16:9, you get 1280 vertical lines for a hd ready display and 1920 for a full HD display.

They say for a screen size less than 50 inches it is very difficult to differentiate between a HD ready and Full HD display unless you are sitting very close to the display. But since the market is run by hype creators, people want to buy 26 inch full HD screen.

• Like 1

As far as 1080i is concerned, it will play on any HD TV (HD ready as well as Full HD)

i stands for interlaced, which means when the frame changes, 540 horizontal lines change first followed by the other 540, as opposed to a 1080p or progressive scan, where all 1080 lines change at the same time.

Since there is interlacing some people consider that the quality of a 720p source is than that of 1080i because of progressive scanning.

• Like 3

+ for tanveer.

In short with current industry standard

You will enjoy FULL with any DTH operator STB(HD box) with LCD/LED tv of 32" full HD(720p).

So dont waste money untill you want future ready technology with you today.

I am looking for a LED budget 30K-40K

Shortlisted:

Samsung 32D4000 , 32D5000

Sony 32EX420

Plz suggest.

last month i purchased sony led 40" from gafar for 45k , in sony showroom its priced at 65k. its Internet ready and u need to buy a sony oem wifi dongle for 4k to enjoy net on it. facebook /twitter run like the fb side ticker while watching normal tv. apart from youtube, also sony has offered sony tv content like comedy circus and popular sony/sab tv programmes for watching via wifi which keep getting refreshed. I also use my android as remote and its worth every penny spent.

http://www.sony.co.in/product/kdl-40ex520

I am looking for a LED budget 30K-40K

Shortlisted:

Samsung 32D4000 , 32D5000

Sony 32EX420

Plz suggest.

Dear Saurav

Y dont u include Panasonic in ur list ? AFAIK panasonic is giving 3 year warranty for all parts + IP display

Most of the issues in LCD begin after 1 or 2 years

Also I would suggest to go for 40" model. coz the 8" makes a huge diifernce in overall outlook and vision experiance

Happy shopping !!