Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

The Off Topic Thread

a small query , my cousin is travelling from USA to India on dec 4 ,he is carrying many electronic goods like hair dryers , dvd player etc, can he carry 2 laptops ? how can he prove that one is for office and one is for personal ? and if not how much tax he has to pay for a 999$ laptop ?

He will be allowed 35000 of free allowance except used personal cosmetic goods which will be duty free.

Above that there will be a flat tax rate of customs of 35% and 3% cess.

One laptop is allowed free irrespective of the value.

So advise him to declare the higher value lappy as duty free.

Dunno really if one can claim duty free on two Lappies.

• Like 2

^ thank you :)

hi,

my brother is going to Dubai in december for 1st time.

as we dont know what items are cheap there in compare to india, we want you all to suggest what to buy there.

our interest items are- tablet, laptop, gold, mobile and lcd/led.

will he get latest google tab cheaper there? also what to do to avoid customs etc.

please help as we dont want to miss opportunity.

anyone having personal experience would be of great help.

Mobiles cheap in dubai?

Two different cousins opined the other way. They said it is not much of a difference. Add do it the weak rupee.

Do let us know if u actually get mobiles cheap there.

don't know if this is relevant topic or not.. mods move if required.

Yesterday i met one of my old schoolmate after long time...

He is working as territory sales manager in idea cellular nasik n he pointed out some unbelievable things about mobile Industry in India... don't know if it is really gonna happen or not but he was lot confident..

According to him, by 2015 only 4 major players i.e. bharti, tata, voda n 1 forth operator would remain n would dominate market with higher tariffs as high as 2rs per min.

The fourth major operator would be non other than mukesh ambani's infotel n they would acquire idea as well as bsnl n become India's biggest telecom company.

Rcom is already looking for buyer for Telecom Business n may move out any time. But mukesh is not willing to buy rcom.

Now only time can tell what's there in store...

Apart from that, it was shocking for me to hear that all companies have special team to deduct illegitimate balance from prepaid numbers. Give refund only to customers who complain..

But very less people complain n this is the major income for operators.

Also, he said bsnl is paid by other operators to not to operate the network optimally so that people will not go for bsnl. Else BSNL has best infra structure where in they can give other operators run for their businesses...

I'm not sure how much is true... what do u all have to comment?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Edited by hiteshkkk1

The bsnl part is well known.It was even alleged that bsnl allow other operators to use their infra!

For the tarrif part- going by the recent trends its easily seen that call rates have increased from 1p/s to 1.5p/s just within a year,so within next 3 yrs it can easily reach 2rs/min.

:previous: @hiteshkkk1

I think he was Taking Economic Classes With you...

Bahot din ho gaye apne padhai nahi ki hai...

Isiliye Subha Subha 8 baje Forum pe form mein aa gaye

@hitesh I agree with some of the points. The consolidation in telcom is just matter of time. Irrespective of the size of market, there are only 4-5 major players in each and every market across the world. There might small regional players but pan country, only 4 or so. The consolidation should have done by this time had not been the great spectrum scam unearthed. I cannot comment on who will be there and who will not. Vodafone and Airtel will be there. But you cannot comment, any co will sell/buy the stake.

As regards to BSNL, it is true. In fact, in rural areas and also C towns, most private operators use BSNL backbone in one or the other way.

I have invariably noticed unwanted deductions on numbers that are primarily used for receiving calls and that have sufficient balance.

Have experienced it atleast 4-5 times in different numbers and varied operators - docomo gsm, airtel, reliance gsm and idea

Edited by ankitdaluka

does aramex do delivery on Saturday ?? :wOOtjumpy: :wOOtjumpy: can wait for my ps3

sometimes they deliver on sundays too.. one of my pkg. from buytheprice.com got delivered on sunday.

triggered from tappa-talk 2...

does aramex do delivery on Saturday ?? :wOOtjumpy: :wOOtjumpy: can wait for my ps3

Congratulations, where did you buy it from?

Yes even I got a consignment from aramex on Sunday. Was a real pleasant surprise I must admit. I had ordered from tradus.com

Congratulations, where did you buy it from?

ebay, for 16k without the game bundle

if ,they dont deliver i will more than glad to collect myself from their office , i already have games like, syndicate,GOW collection, resistance 3, infamous 2, shadows of the damned, resident evil 5, cant wait :wOOtjumpy: :wOOtjumpy:

Do let me know if you get moving kit along with main console or just the console & review along with pics...

i already have games like, syndicate,GOW collection, resistance 3, infamous 2, shadows of the damned, resident evil 5, cant wait :wOOtjumpy: :wOOtjumpy:

You are a GAMER. I know you loves to play games. on your PS. :)

• Like 1

Do let me know if you get moving kit along with main console or just the console & review along with pics...

Nah im.not into motion gaming so im not getting move bundle

You are a GAMER. I know you loves to play games. on your PS. :)

thank you :-)

Edited....

Shadow do you know how to mod x box?

Edited by digitalnirvana

nope, i have always been a ps3 gamer, heard xbox can play prtd games for sure, dont know how

OMG! World has not ended today! We all are alive!

Now what's the next big hoax after Mayans calendar?