Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kshah

Windows 7 Phone Actual User Review And Discussion

First four options are possible

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

so the price drop is here, ordered samsung omnia w from sulekha

Another negative, you reset phone everything is lost including contacts.

^

Its myth. NOthing is erased when reset is done.

Best of Luck trying this. Android give all the feature ,even online SMS Backto Gmail from SMS Backup +

Chrome Bookmark Sync

Software like https://market.android.com/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5zYW5kLmFpcmRyb2lkIl0.

Best in class Googletalk, gmail, Gplus Photo Backup Mustiple Gmail etc ect

Why sud we even care for Yet Another OS which copies iOS and i hate iOS also for the same reason like No customisation, wallpeper widgets etc etc.

Microsoft CHrges $99 per Account each year even though your App is free on Market, So Happy Wasting money on Apps which is not shared among the accounts we do in Android in multiple family phones

• Like 3

Why sud we even care for Yet Another OS which copies iOS and i hate iOS also for the same reason like No customisation, wallpeper widgets etc etc.

is anyone asking you to care? don't like it, don't buy it, why the hate?

People who like the OS for it's UI or battery life etc... let them buy it.

btw, if you think wp is copying ios, you are mistaken, it is much ahead of ios, and is very different, all i can say is you are being biased

But at present Windows OS Mango lacks many features, Essential features.

Yeah, some of those features are important to some people, those people should not buy it

for some those features are not important, so they are willing to buy it,

it does not mean an OS is useless, each has it's own pros and cons

btw, if you think wp is copying ios, you are mistaken, it is much ahead of ios, and is very different, all i can say is you are being biased

Dont be a stupid , What Hetal told is correct. Thats why the market leaders are Android. Previously everyone used WM, then migrated to iOS and now almost everyone into Android. Like..Dont like..Hate..Dont hate..is personal choices. You are not anyone to say Dont hate any OS. What Hetal told is why we need to look into another OS, when already one OS is giving everything. Thats correct only.

And if you say WM is far ahead from iOS. You are worlds biggest fool !

@ ssk the gr8.

At this point of time we are talking about an OS which is the most flexible and most usable by the novice as well as the most geeky.

Android fits the bill across the range.

So Hetal commented that way. I think your response to Hetal is a bit rude.

Dont you think so.

Also Hetal has an in-depth knowledge about the various OS which we cannot dispute

Edited by santanu@impaq
  • Like 1

No doubts, Android gives far better customization options then any other OS, that is why Android is on Top of other OS now a days.

But there are always pros and cons in every OS. Many Windows Mobile users don't like Android and many Android users don't like Windows Mobile.

In my opinion let the end user decide which OS is better and useful for him. :)

• Like 2

World Famous Mobile Blogger - Eldar Murtazin

From Hetal to Eldar Murtazin

Whats your take on Android on Nokia Phones

From Eldar Murtazin to Hetal

hetaldp / now, no chance to be the first one here, but its much better than wp7 approach

^^ i got my hands on HTC HD7 with win7 and updated it to official WIn 7.5 MANGO

- It looks awesome with real time people and mail and sms

- all you need can be pinned in front screen

- nice notifications

- Almost ALL Social service and Mail integrated in one - this is the best part i liked about os you can go to pictures and profiles and FB to Mail or tweet to sms to status. it has a very good flow and gives you a feel of you are on one software.

- definitely something new unlike all android and iOS

- menu glide and glide

- setup very easy and takes all sync from net

-----------------------------------

- dialer not very good

- searching people kind of difficult

- lack application in market

- many place it just feels empty you come to end and there is nothing in that flow only a back button

so i would not spend 18-30 k for it - its fine if some one gifts me or i get a good set for 10k I can keep it as my 5th set

stk89087cor.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=8A33AE939F2E01FFB0EEA91B29F5430F2D3CD6585B70B1B46D22CE979684FB39B01E70F2B3269972

• Like 2

so i would not spend 18-30 k for it - its fine if some one gifts me or i get a good set for 10k I can keep it as my 5th set

Awesome!!! That's best "Moral of the Story" punchline i have read in recent times!!!

k, too many people to reply too :Sonrojado:

Dont be a stupid , What Hetal told is correct. Thats why the market leaders are Android. Previously everyone used WM, then migrated to iOS and now almost everyone into Android. Like..Dont like..Hate..Dont hate..is personal choices. You are not anyone to say Dont hate any OS. What Hetal told is why we need to look into another OS, when already one OS is giving everything. Thats correct only.

And if you say WM is far ahead from iOS. You are worlds biggest fool !

now you're being extremely rude, have some manners.

Just because you agree with Hetal it does not mean he's correct.

Android has been out for years, WP has just been launched in most of the countries so it's an unfair comparison to android's market share. Give WP at least one more year and if it's still unsuccessful then you can deem WP a failure.

when i said hate i meant don't have an absolute opinion about any OS. No OS is the best or the worst.

How is android giving us everything, 1st the UI , it's like feature phones with widgets, while WP has a totally new UI concept. In WP you can seemlessly switch between text messaging, FB message etc.. WP is smoother , better battery life etc.. Android does have it's advantages too

Let me word myself correctly , WP is ahead of iOS in a lot of things, and iOS is better at some stuff.

@ ssk the gr8.

At this point of time we are talking about an OS which is the most flexible and most usable by the novice as well as the most geeky.

Android fits the bill across the range.

So Hetal commented that way. I think your response to Hetal is a bit rude.

Dont you think so.

Also Hetal has an in-depth knowledge about the various OS which we cannot dispute

i was not being rude, i was just arguing against his absolute opinon.

I don't doubt Hetal's knowledge, but even i've used all 3 OS a lot.

i don't find android easy to use for a novice. I've used both the OS, and i've given it too a novice like my dad and he found WP easier.

World Famous Mobile Blogger - Eldar Murtazin

From Hetal to Eldar Murtazin

Whats your take on Android on Nokia Phones

From Eldar Murtazin to Hetal

hetaldp / now, no chance to be the first one here, but its much better than wp7 approach

Eldar is the biggest rumour monger, most of the stuff he says nowadays dont turn out to be true, so i would not care for his opinion. And anyway what i've been trying to say is that it's about personal choice. No OS is best or worst.

^^ i got my hands on HTC HD7 with win7 and updated it to official WIn 7.5 MANGO

- It looks awesome with real time people and mail and sms

- all you need can be pinned in front screen

- nice notifications

- Almost ALL Social service and Mail integrated in one - this is the best part i liked about os you can go to pictures and profiles and FB to Mail or tweet to sms to status. it has a very good flow and gives you a feel of you are on one software.

- definitely something new unlike all android and iOS

- menu glide and glide

- setup very easy and takes all sync from net

-----------------------------------

- dialer not very good

- searching people kind of difficult

- lack application in market

- many place it just feels empty you come to end and there is nothing in that flow only a back button

stk89087cor.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=8A33AE939F2E01FFB0EEA91B29F5430F2D3CD6585B70B1B46D22CE979684FB39B01E70F2B3269972

from what i see you liked it a lot, as there are a lot more pros than cons. lack of application will be fixed by next quarter as nokia launches WP phones around the world. Maybe you found some features missing but i see people around me spending 30k on a WP and being very happy with it. They were previously on iOS and Android.

c'mon guys , if we are trying to compare wp7 and android , its not a fair game, what was the case with android when it was new to the industry with no app store ? apple had a well organized app store by then , what about the bugs we still have in android ? so lets not talk about them in wp7 lets give wp7 some time, when all of them are well organized then lets fight over , @hetal, i see that u are in love with android :-) everybody does like the android, but wp7 interface looks more sexy,more attractive,stylish and modern, we cant deny it, many famous reviewers of some famous youtube channels like techbuffalo have moved to wp7, here we are comparing a school going boy (wp7) with a graduate student(android), now u guys decide whether its a fair game or not ?

• Like 1

@shadow

well said man. thats what i've been trying to say

WP7 is a very smooth and well designed OS. Yes, it is in varying stages of it's evolution, but is moving in the right direction. It is a delight with it's UI- the tiles and attractive interface. Battery performance is brilliant. Geeks will not like it because of it's limitation to customize. iOS was hated for the same reasons.. it's may not go the android route but using it gives me no doubt that it will be a success. mS is strong, has the financial and IP muscle to keep OEMs interested for a long time

Summary: use it as a second phone for sheer flaunt value and enjoy the stares. After all - aren't geeks supposed to swim against the tide and be the earliest adopters of new technology??

I have been using Wp7.5 for the past 3 months and believe me its very stable and fluid. Almost all the features now present in the leading OSes barring a few is present in Mango which makes it very juicy where it lags is in the App front although majority of most used apps have made their way to WP but still Games are quite less compared to other OSes which I think is gonna improve this year.

Another Pro of WP is that it has no fragmentation and therefore each device gives somewhat similar performance.

Just like WM6 was also a closed OS but over the time became the most tweak customizable OS, similarly WP7 will be thoroughly customizable.

In this short time Guys at XDA already have custo ROMs for all 1st Gen Devices.

Guys at DFT have already provided a Bluetooth Hack to facilitate File transfer.

Finally, with prices of Lumia710 & Omnia W lowered below 15K, they make A very tempting deal.