Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
anujit

Webmail enhanced version is back in R-World !

I have NEVER been able to check gmail.

it says invalid username or password or another session maybe active.

27698[/snapback]

dude, you didn't activate POP in your Gmail account, right ? The Gmail account in Webmail works just like a POP mail account, unlike Rediffmail. Just activate POP in your Gmail settings.

for activating gmail on RIM:

login to gmail from web, goto settings: Forwarding and POP, select the POP download .. in that select enable pop download.

thats it.

THEY'VE REMOVED THE WEBMAIL OPTION FROM RWORLD!!!! :(:blink:

Something to do with RWorld becoming paid (probably)!!!!

yeah, they have removed it for now :(

yeah, they have removed it for now :)

28538[/snapback]

I still have it on my LG2030. Have used it half a dozen times over the afternoon and evening and its working normal. Maybe it will go off if I reset R-Menu. Thats what had happened when they removed webmail last time. It continued to work for me until I did the reset and then I could only access it from my favourites menu.. Luckily I never had to clear that off. So all during the dark days (the period that webmail was totally down) I regularly checked for it to start working again.

Maybe the webmail only went down for some short time today. Here's keeping my fingers crossed.

But if webmail stops working my reliance handset and account is a total waste... there's nothing else I used it for.

Thats right, they have removed it from the Messaging menu and also did some chages to some other menus too today. So when you reset it (it will also get reset automatically), it will be gone and Favourites isn't available anymore in R-World. So no chance unless the bring it back :)

The webmail application seems to be removed from R world I rang *333 to ask and they said NO it has not been removed and they registered a complaint in this matter The whole R world has been changed and those *ss*oles do not have any idea about this So much for the world class customer care

Well, its back again, today :P

Well I cant find it on my lg 2030 now I have reset the r world even then I am unable to find it

Well, its back again, today :rolleyes:

28696[/snapback]

Ha! I have done half a dozen R-menu resets since then, in an attempt to get it back. But on my lg 2030 here in Rajasthan, it has appeared only today morning. I noticed that before as well. When it vanished from the menu, it did so almost a day after the rest of you guys reported it gone... what's it.. do we have a slower clock here or what ;-) ;)

Anyway, all's well.. even my ID and passwords are still safe there... until next time

Dont worry, RIM ppl keep doing such idiotic acts regularly. I dont know what the will gain from removing webmail. CC guys are absolutely the most dumb people in the world who are completely illiterates and know nothing about r world. IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME ASK THEM WHAT IS R WORLD. tHEY WILL SAY, "I AM SORRY, THERE IS NO SUCH SERVICE AVAILABLE ON RIM PHONES". :)

First of all, I enjoy using WebMail too. Gmail, rediffmail and vsnl works fine for me.

I met a key person assosiated with the WebMail project and ran through him some of the probs that were mentioned here and here is what he had to say...

"......

Gmail was down in the first two weeks of Feb due to connectivity issues.

VSNL is absolutely fine. he has also heard from other folks about the vsnl.net issue. Does anyone can provide a vsnl.net POP/IMAP server they use?

Satyam and Rediffmail have been problem free.

Indiatimes will be back up shortly. Connectivity glitches..

Yahoo and Hotmail may be coming in some time as well.

Fastmail ... Dont know how many people use it. Can set it among defaults if sizeable number exists.

Let us know if you would like some other popular mail servers...

Also, appreciate if you could do some survey as to which features users like, problems faced and things that they do not like.

Note: The service is very stable now and users should not see many app related problems. Of course, there are device/filesystem/connectivity problems which vary from handset to handset.

Yes. It is true. Like all lunches this service will get priced very soon. You will be surprised how many people actually use this service. Let me say, this number is huge ?? million hits/week does require signigicant investments alone for this service.

.... " :quest:

So guys, send in your two cents worth on

1. the features you like :confuse:

2. Features you would like to see :quest:

3. Problems faced :quest:

4. Exchanges with Call center. :)

lucky ppl ...u guyz get to use these applications....

i never get to use them ...everytime it says r-world not ready !!! :confuse:

Dear Customer,

Welcome to the Web Mail service on R World. Now you can access your POP3 emails of Yahoo, Rediffmail, Indiatimes, Sify, Powersurfer, Fastmail, MantraMail, Spymac or any other POP3 mail services anytime, anywhere on your R World enabled RIM.

Simply click on R World>Messaging>Web Mail and select your mail account. Login with your email id and password and start using your email account on your RIM. You can Read, Reply, Reply All, Delete, Compose, Send, Forward just the way you do it on your computer.

There are additional features such as Saving Email ids, Displaying To/Cc list and Predefined text while composing mails, besides an Inbox, Draft and a Trash folder. The ‘Other Account’ option allows you to enter your personal mail server details and access your email account.

Web Mail on R World allows you an easy-to-use interface that helps you keep in touch with your personal mailbox while you are on the move. At Rs 3 per login session, you can access your e-mail for as long as you wish till you are logged in. 

So, click on R World and experience the always-on connectivity with Web Mail. For any query or feedback, please call our Customer Care at 30333333 or email us at rworld.feedback@relianceinfo.com.

Yours truly,

R World Team 

B) A smart cookie in the implementation team tells me that it has to do with the pop service at Gmail...

Apparently, if you connect via telnet to gmail on the pop3 service, and you read a mail in that session and logout, you see interesting things the next time you login.

The next time you login to the pop3 service via telnet, you won see the mail in the listing... Amazing isnt it??

Apparently, interactions with google team yeilded some stubborn denial and answers.. They seemed to sport a "if you want you fix it at your end and we dont own for this problem" attitude. Gmail expects the email client to have cookies and caching. So once the email client has accessed the gmail acc and seen a email, it is cached on the client and not accessible on the server. this however, in not standard POP3 behaviour.

Hence, webmail is not likely to show gmail anytime soon as users will complain of emails not displaying on handset but available via the website.. the fix is yet to be in place...

It's not a bug. Its the way Google works. Try it with any wap mail service or POP client service for that matter.

Many interesting things to notice there.

1. You'll get your emails (inbox & outbox) in your "inbox" when you download using a pop client. Since gmail stores them all in the same place and pop cannot access any other folder apart from your inbox.

2. Items sent through a pop client collect in your gmail outbox! Thats a freaky freature!!

So its not RIMs fault. But gmail is provided on handsets around the world. How do they do it? Using WAP. Not Jatayuu wap but wap that works!

Edited by anujit

But anujit, were you able to read you emails again after you have read it once through Gmail Webmail in R-World, before ?

Arun: No I couldn't. And if you try it with programs like Mail2Wap etc you'll face the same problems. But its a good thing too because I have around 5-6k messages in Gmail. Then again sometimes it just bites you in the *** coz you cant read the message later!

Here is what I do... Since search feature is enabled on IMAP and not present on POP3, I have a copy of all my mails forwarded to a dummy account on Spymac..

Spymac btw gives 1 Gb as well and also IMAP4, although it may be a lil slow..

You can use your IMAP instead... :)

Also, Googles implementation of POP3 is far from the std POP3 defined in the RFC..

Users of R-World, I need a small help. please send me the .jar and .jad files from the ams folder (if u can access that using ur data cable), corresponding to the SMS2MANY application.

The request is coz I am on a 2030 (modded) so ... RWorld literally screws up my phone.

Cheers

Ashok