Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ashras99

Reduction In Prices Of Rconnect

There is any chance of decrease in prices of Rconnect charges, both in platinum and freedom plan. I also heared that unlimited plan is also coming up for prepaid plan.

Anyone please , throw any light on this.

I dont think there will be any reduction in prices for R-Connect as it was reduced recently only. Maybe they will come up with new data transfer based unlimited plans for prepaid also.

Yes, November 22nd... just over 3 months till now.

Rates should ahve slashed from 1st april as trai has slashed charges in isp upto 70%. today is 1st april but no such benefit pass on is seen to customers.

I think they may slash the charges after April!!

I don't think there will be any reduction the charges for the Freedom plan atleast. The benefit that REliance can pass on to its consumer as a result of TRAI's decision, however, is the increase in the data transfer limit substantially from 1 GB. They could even do away with Platinum plan altogether and make the Freedom plan the one with unlimited download (my hopes hehe).

Even I have been hoping that with the 70% slashing of rates - even RConnect users will see the benefit, and have the Unlimited plan charges reduced to sub - Rs. 1000 range. Keeping my fingers crossed...

But they havent changed anything. Will they eat up the profits. i think instead of giving more then 1gb in 650 they should give sometime below Rs. 500 or may be for Rs. 350 thye must give 1Gb. i mean small users should sheel small money only and must give give in 750 unilited or so as it can give the same of broadband

No, the cut in bandwidth prices was not imlpemented on April 1st, but deferred to May 1st

tooo bad!!

The trai has reduced the charges for isp which will be applicable from 1st may but still no operator has reduces the same for the customers? tomorrow is 1st may , will relaince reduce charges, has anybody heard of it??

incase you haven't heard, the reduction has been scrapped for the time being due to inteference by tdsat a few days back..

TDSAT quashes TRAI's order on bandwidth price

New Delhi, April 28: In a setback to TRAI, the Telecom Dispute Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) today set aside the order on price reduction of international bandwidth which was challenged by VSNL.

TRAI had lowered international bandwidth prices by up to 70 per cent projecting that the move would help tariff reduction of internet and broadband services besides boosting their penetration.

Setting aside TRAI's order, TDSAT asked the regulator to have a re-look at the entire exercise and share the full facts and basis of calculation with VSNL in a transparent manner.

VSNL, a major bandwidth provider, had challenged the order saying international bandwidth prices cannot be looked at in isolation and questioned TRAI's methodology on arriving at the price ceilings.

According to VSNL, the price ceiling set by TRAI was below the basic cost of the company.

When contacted, D P S Seth, member, TRAI, told newsmen, "We shall study the order once we receive it and take appropriate action."

Meanwhile, the international bandwidth price order, which came into effect from April 1, 2005, has been scrapped retrospectively. (Agencies)

the VSNL issue is for international Bandwidth. Which will effect the ILD calls.

The other one is Domestic Bandwidth which shud have affected the Local Internet ISP charges!

Bhaiya aisa hai ki reliance is not gonna reduce the prices for their plans. Thats for sure.

Sirf aachi khabar yeh hai ki.... atyant jankar sutro se pata laga hai ki reliance is gonna launch its prepaid data vouchers very soon and minimum would be for Rs 250. They would give some time for morning and some time for evening.

:)

Rahul bhaya aisa hai ki Reliance ko market mein survive karne ke liye prices to reduce karni hi padengi. Woh alag baat hai ki thoda late karen.

Kyonki BSNL ki Dataone abhi theek se kahin bhi nahin shuru ho paayi hai, jab ho jayegi to reliance have to reduce the prices to compete.

Btw, there is no comparision between dialup an dbroadband but BSNL have download limitations and Reliance dont have download limitations in Rs1500/- plan.