Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Review: Sprint Samsung Galaxy SII - Epic 4G Touch - The Mammoth

dear ankit few days back my GPS is solved by Dhiraj Ji's formula. now I am again facing the same problem. :confuse:

@ Dhiraj Ji for FH13 update via OTA, if I am going to update manually and tap the update firmware, what happens suddenly the wifi goes off then a message coming "checking for firmware update please wait...."then a message box coming after some time " :excl:Error, the firmware update could not be completed. Error: Connection error". then the Wifi again established. If any solution it will be highly appreciated.

dear ankit few days back my GPS is solved by Dhiraj Ji's formula. now I am again facing the same problem. :confuse:

@ Dhiraj Ji for FH13 update via OTA, if I am going to update manually and tap the update firmware, what happens suddenly the wifi goes off then a message coming "checking for firmware update please wait...."then a message box coming after some time " :excl:Error, the firmware update could not be completed. Error: Connection error". then the Wifi again established. If any solution it will be highly appreciated.

I guess it is not firmware update. Rather it is software update. Correct me if I a wrong.

• Like 1

^

Yes, you need to go in Settings-System Updates-Update Samsung Software and not Update Firmware.

Battery is still at 40% after full day use with my kind of moderate use, unplugged since 6am.

• Like 1

Congrats. How's GPS? Battery review.

There seems to be a GPS issue. Got only 2 satellite fix after waiting quite a bit and did not lock. Looking for solutions. AGps and location working perfect. Battery life is same. I find no change.

With latest update the battery is at least 20% better which became very bad after ICS update. GPS fix is also very fast and took less than a minute in open field area.

Dk sir let me start by saying I am great fan of your review posts and religiously follow them especially after your threads like htc incredible and this one.

However, how come you never had battery issues with fh13. And now you feel it was bad. I mean did you do some mods causing battery drain.

I thought when you said there was no issues with battery on fh13 I was the unlucky one. Lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

^

Yes, you need to go in Settings-System Updates-Update Samsung Software and not Update Firmware.

No update for me as yet.

However, how come you never had battery issues with fh13. And now you feel it was bad. I mean did you do some mods causing battery drain.

I never had severe problem with battery before FH13. With FH13 battery has become better. I only quoted battery issue which you people were suggesting. With FH13, I feel the battery is best that it can be on any smartphone. You have to be realistic with your expectations when using a 4+" screen.

• Like 1

Guys Now my device received System Update Automatically.

and Updated to FH13.:rolleyes:

Even after hours, gps was not locking. After trying literally everything. After the update it is a matter of seconds outside my home.

Battery. I believe it is definitely worse than last ics. At least with me. With Evdo on Nd every other thing off including sync my battery goes from 100 to 5 in a matter of hardly 4.5-5 hours. Screen on time would be 1-1.5 hours.

Edited by ankitdaluka

i have rooted..ff 18..

i got notification of update..

when tried to update.. i got the "triangle with exclamation mark " with android icon

what is other way to update..

thanks..

After FH13 OTA update, the battery is lasting much longer than before on ICS, much much improvement! :)

FYI another better update has hit the Epic Touch in FI03 , promises to fix a lot of crap.

will update about the experience in a day or two ;)

also found something interesting for BLACK owners if they long for white Colored Epic Touch

http://www.decalgirl.com/skins/95183/Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-Epic-Touch-Skin-Solid-State-White

a guy at XDA pmed me these , he gave me a thread link too , but i donno what his id was so not able to locate , the screens i found browsing thru the EPIC TOUCH stuff in my PC :P

http://i.imgur.com/yxliL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FLnBA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MN7EN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9NUhB.jpg

looks cool isnt it :P

• Like 1

Hi Gurus,

I am using this phone on reliance. Last night I updated it to stock FH23 via ODIN.

Everything works fine except Caller ID,

My phone shows only numbers of incoming calls, even the person is on my contact list. I tried saving the contact with +91 prefix also but no success.

I also played with International Dialing settings in Call settings without any success.

Does someone have any tips here?

Also I am not sure, but I feel like the mobile signals are dropped after update, I mean where I was getting 3 bars, I get only 1 or 2 bars. Can it happen?

Yes it can, coz it updates the radio too.

Yes it can, coz it updates the radio too.

Thanks for the info,

Any particular radio / firmware suggested ?

Hi Gurus,

I am using this phone on reliance. Last night I updated it to stock FH23 via ODIN.

My phone shows only numbers of incoming calls, even the person is on my contact list. I tried saving the contact with +91 prefix also but no success.

I also played with International Dialing settings in Call settings without any success.

Also I am not sure, but I feel like the mobile signals are dropped after update, I mean where I was getting 3 bars, I get only 1 or 2 bars. Can it happen?

Try prefixer to fix your caller id issues

__

Sent from my mobile

Hi Gurus,

Try prefixer to fix your caller id issues

__

Sent from my mobile

Sure, Will give it try

Thanks

Jelly bean coming in november for s2 Does this mean Epic touch too. check this http://www.gsmarena.com/galaxy_s_ii_to_taste_jelly_bean_in_november_s_iii_in_october-news-4793.php

• Like 1

It will depend on Sprint. Expect delay.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Don't expect before second qaurter of next year in any case. Sprint and Verizon are pretty lazy when it comes to updation.

GWizzing on beautifully :) and freakin loving it.

i got the zip file "ff18 to fh 13" (which size is 11.5mb) from the cache through Root Explorer.

i copied to Ext SD card.

can i install With CWM..

whether i will loss the root? or anything..

Gurus, kindly help..

I would stay away from using CWM to flash anything ( if its not a tweaked recovery ) as while wiping data , your phone might get bricked ( PLEASE NOTE there is a BRICK BUG in S2 sprint which generally kills the phone when you are wiping data via RECOVERY )

There are just a couple of safe recoveries + kernels combo whjich are safer ( may be 1 or 2 more ).

Use ODIN updates , try this safe method , and the hall mark is that yopur phone will be updated to FH13 , it will get rooted as well and the best part is YOUR DATA and APPS will not be lost.

Note down your Min no , and backup your NV settings - its a good habit

If you are willing then follow this procedure. :

Download this

http://rwilco12.xdaf...D_NODATA_OC.EXE

1.... I am sure you have already installed Samsung usb drivers for Epic touch on your PC.

2.... unzip using 7zip > you will get a One click odin .exe file > double click it and it will show you a odin window

3.... Power down phone Wait for capacitative button lights to turn off .

Simultaneously Press and Hold [Power] and [VolDn] until confirmation screen appears,

after that Press [VolUp] to enter Download mode

4.... now you are in download mode > connect usb cable , > your phone will show in a yellow box in the just opened odin window. ( please make sure that you are using a good usb cable )

5.... hit start - in a few minutes the flash will complete and PASS or success will display on ODIN window in green color.

Onec done , either the phone will reboot itself or you can reboot it urself.

Now upon reboot , you are on stock FH13 - Rooted - with all your user data still intact.

Have fun !!!

[ WARNING - flashing your phone, however safe the method may be termed, can BRICK your phone , so do it on your own , I or RIMWEB cant be held responssible for any BRICKED devices - regards ]

Edited by joshm
  • Like 3

Guys if you are sick of ICS battery backup, then there is great news :)

The latest FI03 ICS leak is just awesome

Sprint has done a great job in this update and for those who think pinch to zoom is gone , well it ain't, its working fine in the build.

The battery backup is very very good too.

Give it a go.

If you can't find or don't know how to do the then shout it out here will update .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I'm on FH13 with root. I'm using juice defender & battery experience is better.

~ edited~

the update post moved to

all queries will be dealt with there.

regards

Edited by joshm
  • Like 4