Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Update Verizon Fascinate i500 to Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jellybean

Yes my no and evdo is shifted to epic touch. Previously i was using galaxy pop for my secondary no and data was working and now its not in my fascinate. Will contact reliance to check if evdo is activated. Thanks a lot.

No EV do my not have been activated ever.

C care can't help in that, better contact your handset seller.

GWizzing on beautifully :) and freakin loving it.

Ok . Thanks again

Wanted to share my latest setup

I am currently on GEEWIZ , the ever so dependable ROM of the fascinate, one of the best i have used till date .

I am using it with a few tweaks and a theme , which makes it totally out of the world ,

the USP of this theme is it makes geewiz lightening fast , so much so that it can beat the hell out of any ICS ROM any day ;)

If you are on GEEWIZ and want to have this kind of setup then gimme a SHOUT and i ll add the files plus the procedure

here are the screens

post-75231-0-54714600-1347209547_thumb.jpost-75231-0-83808600-1347209534_thumb.jpost-75231-0-13579300-1347209516_thumb.jpost-75231-0-83974400-1347209499_thumb.jpost-75231-0-44066300-1347209568_thumb.j

i just love this theme , so much so that i made it to work with some tweaking on geewiz ;)

regards

hi joshm! This theme looks cool. I too am on geewiz right now. Can you please post the theme as you mentioned.

Sure will

But tomorrow

Hope you won't mind.

Have all necessary files on my MF folder.

@joshm... if thats the honeycomb theme by notta, i just downloaded it and flashed it. Its real cool... :-)

It is mate.

But a lot is missing as he just ported it without the handset. Look at the drop down menu text colour. Look at the time clock on status bar, its in ICS color, there aresny things missing in that theme.

Flash super clean accurate battery first, then aosp lockscreen mod mentioned at super clean thread.

And then flash the honeycomb theme meant for super clean.

All these should be flashed in one go, in the order I mentioned.

In the end clear dalvik and you are on pure awesomeness after reboot

Flash super clean accurate battery first, then aosp lockscreen mod mentioned at super clean thread.

And then flash the honeycomb theme meant for super clean.

All these should be flashed in one go, in the order I mentioned.

In the end clear dalvik and you are on pure awesomeness after reboot

@joshm.....unfortunately both the links are down. Can you provide me with the same . Thanks in advance

dear joshm

currently i am on ths_Build15 upgraded as per your guide and using without any issues i ahve downloaded the files for jbean upgrade but after seing you are so happy with geewiz & "theme" i was wondering weather to upgrade to JB or go back to geewiz

(for which will reuire your special guide with full details as always)

No THS 15 is very solid , dont upgrade coz jellybean cant work as a daily driver for you .

THS 15 with Devil kernel is very very solid.

stay with it

btw i have upgraded my handset to a bigger better fascinate ;) in EPIC TOUCH WHITE :)

but i will try my best to keep this thread going.

Finally I am on also on Gingerbread rom :Sonrojado:

Thanx to Amitji :hi2: for helping me out to get out of language selection loop screen

He was online & helped me do that with DFS CDMA tools 3.3.0.7

But one thing is mobile data is not working...as mine is bought from Reliance can some one help me out to enable mobile data on the mobile

Thanks once again for Amitji :hi2: for all the support.......

• Like 1

@ grebel: thanks. ;)

As Verizon setup for data not working in DFS. anybody any help. :rolleyes:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

thanxs joshm

i will continue with ics b 15 as suggested

jasmin

@grebel.... flash the stock (reliance) froyo rom first. Setup netconnect in settings-wireless & n/w-mobile n/w and make sure data 1x and evdo is working. Then follow the procedure to flash the gb rom (geewiz/tsm/superclean) directly without wiping data, dalvik and cache. You will now have data working on GB rom of your choice.

• Like 2

@Maverick75,Thanks i have got data connectivity one mistake i was doing is that i was not installing Kernel due to which phone was struck at Samsung logo screen after installing kernel now every thing is working fine

@Maverick75 and @Amit thank you both of u for all the support.... :smartass:

• Like 1

Thats great , I always feel outta sorts when its Reliance official i500 , as i dont own one , i just cant predict beyond a level how certain things arent working and how to get em to work.

I am still active on my fassy , the number will be transferred to my E4Gt tomorrow

so after that i might not get as active as i have been but will be active for sure and

surely will update the last of the EH03 based GEEWIZ final update, as the developer djp is working on it.

wish me luch buddzzz !!!

@grebel nice to here that your data is working.:rolleyes: good work.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

After upgrading to build 15, my fascinate is working fine. Suddenly from last few days, person on other side of the call can't hear my voice. I have yell or scream to make hear my voice. ny suggestions?

go to the settings menu and look for galaxy S settings or handset settings , cant recall tye menu option in there

there you can chnage these things

but beware note down before hand the present settings and then alter

Dear all i am posting this here because Joshm asked me to post... i would like to deeply thank joshm to help me revive the fascinate of my friend which he was not using since last 6months or so, please below i have put across the conversations i had with joshm and how he helped me to revive it.Thanks a ton Joshm

Andy desai posted

Hi Joshm,

My friend has samsung fascinate working on reliance, one fine day the phone stopped working(tried to charge the same thing,power on you can see the same thing) and all we could see on the screen was a white box a arrow coming out and android infront of it may be its the download mode,it only keeps blinking..... contacted the seller for help but no response.... please can you help to revive this handset. It would be great help....

Joshm replied

In my fascinate thread find the eh03 odin file and its process .should fix

Andydesai posted

hi joshm,

But the computer wont recognize the phone,i mean no com port is getting associated with t. So how will i recognize it on the computer first.

Joshm replied

Pull the battery out

And then re insert and go to download mode by presding volume down and insert the cable.

Andydesai posted

hey as of now i can go into download mode and the pc can recognize the port but your link is not working to download the file... can you pass on the working link please

Joshm replied

his is the PIT file which u should also flash

http://www.mediafire...19fo7ftwgz8tgr8

just give it into the PIT option

EH03 single link : http://www.imnuts.or...3_GB_CM.tar.md5

OR here are Mediafire links

http://www.mediafire...g4afpb8u522oj2y

http://www.mediafire...r4fi9gl59j832yl

download theEH03

in odin you should use the PDA option and give path to EH03 and in the pit option give path to pit and hit start.

Andydesai posted

hey thanks for the lighting fast response you mean to say in odin at a time i have to slecet the pit file in pit option and in pda option the eh03 right and click start ????

by the way link what u sent is working

Joshm replied

I know the links are working , thats why sahred

here is the ideal process , but as u are already in odin and connected phone follow from latter part of 2 and there onwards

1.. turn off your phone > remove battery > attach the usb cable and put it in download mode ( press vol down and insert the usb cable which is already connected to your PC )

2.. Double click and Open ODIN ( your phone should show on a com port inside odin > click PDA > select the EH03 stock GB file that i have mentioed above

3.. Click Pit and select the atlas pit file mentioned above

4.. Hit start , the stock GB will be flashed > it will take ten minutes for the flash to finish, once completes , put the battery in

helping you with so called lightening fast replies as i am a bit free atm, Dont get much time being a Dr.

would appreciate if you post your issues in the vzn fascinate thread of mine , so that others may also benefit

or

post with details when u have successfully done this.

Andydesai posted

great will revert back once i finish the flashing..... because my net is dam slow and it will take about and hour or so for download....being a doctor you are really a gadget freak appreciate your help though... i have loaded jelly bean on my wife's cell from your link....only problem after flashing is that after she receives a call the call gets disconnected after say 20secs again she has to call back

joshm replied

you didnt follow the advise

delete all the images in the conatcts by using the contact picture remover app from playstore

and stop the syncing of contacts from her Gmail account as as soon as her phone will sync with her google acc the images stored with contacts in that will be restored again.

so either delete images straight in the gmail address book or delete from phone and stop the contacts syncing.

the jellybean update is one of the best i have ever come across .

andydesai posted

hi doctor i did what you asked me to do about the fascinate it started flashing and in mid way it says fail and it stopped. Now how to go about.

Joshm replied

faulty cable or corrupt download

use diff cable first , if works ok

otherwise redownload the file and repeat the same process.

Andydesai posted

to clear the doubt of cable tried with the other cable and the flashing reaches movinand.bin and it stops their does not go ahead i waited for more then 15mins but its stuck their.

Now will download the file again and then flash back lets see what happens.

i downloaded the file once more and tried flashing its getting stuck at movinand.bin and not going ahead.... what to do now

joshm replied

chk if the new file has same md5

89045064cf45ccd85f8ad746911b6e28

also this all is just cable or bad file or bad port fault

just use a diff pc , new cable and proper download , should work

andydesai posted

hey i checked with the md5 checker and the code do not match . Now???

my bad i rechecked and it is the same md5

restarted the computer,changed the cable,tried a different port,checked the md5 its the correct file,downloaded once more the file , still the same thing its getting stuck at the movinand.bin not going ahaed....anything else can be done do you think

sirji even tried on a different computer still the same problem does not go ahead beyond movinand.bin.....

joshm replied

try anyone out of these 2 both are odin files

http://www.mediafire...9272012.tar.md5

MD5: bd4fb82a3b67de2665b62331591a4c7e

or stock ed05

http://www.imnuts.or...OYO_REL.tar.md5

75ff53ada8278a10149ceff756d7a42d

i am telling u again , plz post ur issues in my thread , i wont reply here now onwards

all these converations should have helped other as well if they were there in main thread.

and dont use pit now

andydesai posted

i will do what you have asked me too... and by the way anywyas we have come this far i will do post all this conversation in the main topic once we are thru...i will copy both are converstaions and post it their

joshm replied

ok

firstly try the first link , and flash in PDA and dont use PIT now onwards

did u try booting the phone ?

sometimes it folashes completely but shows failed

may be it ll boot alright ;"P

andydesai posted

hi josh flashed this file without pit file CI500_VZW_ED05_FROYO_REL.tar.md5 but still stuck at the same point....but has you said restrat and check i did....to my surprise the phone booted and its on foryo 2.2.2 baseband version is DL09 but force closes are lot al system force close....now what to do next

joshm replied

thats the issues actually , u are locked at eclair DL09 radio , and thats not letting any other radio to be flashed. ( did u do anything else before asking me ur query ? )

this is stock dl09 build

try flashing it

http://www.imnuts.or..._ECLAIR.tar.md5

26e79e5b4d5d2dd8e043371567b26ee2

if it flashes properly then you can flash eh03 as well over it

just make sure you have proper file , proper cable , proper PC

But before doing that , just try and flash eh03 again without pit one more time, i feel it will flash correctly now , if it fails then flash the above mentioned DL09 éclair

andydesai posted

i have not done anything before asking you to the handset.... i tried flashing stock DI09 build but the same problem persist hanging on movinanad.bin.... not going ahaed. Also before doing this flash tried flashing EH03 but that too same problem... Ab kya karnheka.... I am like full time bothering but its like i am totally into it to see that the handset revives thats why....

OK now I flashed again but it failed as you said I rebooted and their I am on stock dl09 2.1-update 1

now force closing is not occurring....now you think this mobile is stuck on stock rom is it....anymore suggestion

• Like 2

suggestion is

go to page one and root your Rom with the su and cwm

once done

just look for ant geewiz rom flashable thru recovery in the thread

and u ll be good to go.

• Like 1

on page one i cant find link for su and cwm can you please give me the link.....

Download this ROM

http://www.mediafire...em-09272012.zip

MD5: 77e103f5883921e2cdaf3f634e0831cc

Download this kernel

http://www.mediafire...el-09272012.zip

MD5: 6e51b8178fc1e7d22a353fbd428d9cd1

store both of the above on your SD card.

here is the link to the famous red recovery .

http://www.mediafire.com/?dyww88yhbhj3cgd

md5 : 00E90E790A70E2D66B6CBA6A152DE504

Download the above recovery on your PC desktop.

turn off phone, remove battery

Put in download mode

flash the recovery via ODIN through the PDA option.

once finished

remoce usb cable.

inser battery

pres and hold vol up + vol down + power button together

and you will boot into the recovery ( if instead of recovery you boot into your main Rom then you will have to turn off and remove battery and flash the recovery again )

via flash zip option > flash the ROM first and after that flash the kernel if you like.

once done

you will b on Geewiz 2.9 ROM with its kernel plus the dl09 radio.

enjoy

Edited by joshm
  • Like 1