Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
nikme

HTC EVO Design Review

Got my hands on htc evo design (world phone) with gsm & cdma capabilities(best part is that it comes factory unlocked)

First look at the phone it definetly impressed me on styling and form factor its the same size as incredible 2 but a lot more classy and little bit heavier then incredible 2 which actually feels solid to hold in hand and the brushed aluminium finish on the back mixed with trademark htc soft touch rubberized back looks very neat and gives a high end phone feel and of course a gorgeous 4.3" qhd screen.

Now on the camera front it disappoints a bit with 5 Mega pixel and a single led flash but the camera actually is close to incredible 2 focusing is actually quick and bluethooth 3.0 is a added advantage with 4gb rom and 8 gb memory card included.

HTC sense 3.0 UI with 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8655 and 768 mb ram it is quite efficient on handling multiple applications and running 3d games it comes with stock android 2.3.4 and the best part is that HTC's confirmed that the EVO Design 4G will get its very own upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich at some point in the future.

The phone is a great deal for people looking for a world phone where choice was limited to motorola photon and incredible 2 watch out evo design is here at a better price then both of them.

Spec Sheet

Processor

MSM 8655 1.2GHz + SQN1210 (WiMAX)

Operating System

Shipped: Android Gingerbread 2.3.4

ROM version: 1.19.651.1

Internal

Memory

ROM: 4GB eMMC, RAM: 768MB

Memory Card

8GB (class 4) card Display

4.0-inch Super LCD with qHD resolution 960x540 16M-color capacitive touch screen with multi-touch capability

Network

CDMA dual-band EVDO + WiMAX + HSPA/UMTS and GSM/GPRS/EDGE network

GPS

GPS/AGPS

Camera

5 MP color CMOS with auto focus support

1.3MP front camera

Connectivity Bluetooth® 3.0 + High Speed,

Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n,

3.5mm stereo audio jack,

micro-USB (5-pin micro-USB)

Battery

1520 mAh

Dimensions

4.8” x 2.4” x .47”

Weight

5.22 oz

post-75349-0-02072600-1327348889_thumb.j

post-75349-0-87827800-1327348903_thumb.j

• Like 2

How is the earpiece speaker volume in your handset? There have been some concerns about this issue.

How is Battery life? For a 4.3" qHD screen, 1520mAh seems low, imho... Since its a world phone from Sprint, I hope it doesn't supports USSD (like Photon), can you please confirm if USSD is working in GSM mode?

Thanks...

:previous:

How is Battery life? For a 4.3" qHD screen, 1520mAh seems low, imho... Since its a world phone from Sprint, I hope it doesn't supports USSD (like Photon), can you please confirm if USSD is working in GSM mode?

Thanks...

its a 4" qhd

Battery life is good only it gives me 1 and a half day and yes ussd code is working fine with this

And thanks for the correction its s 4.0qhd screen.

Earpiece volume seems fine to me its at par with other htc phones.

Thanks...

its a 4" qhd

lol parin dada ki Nazar aur nirma super dono ka jawab nahi.... Just kidding you had corrected him earlier too on tht 82 something gb memory typo.

Price & availability in RiMWeb or India?

Any comparison with HTC Radar and Rhyme in terms of battery, voice and other features?

Rhyme is a android based phone running sense 3.5 while radar is. a windows phone upgradable to windows 7.5

Featurs wise I guess android wins handsdown to windows and since rhyme's latest UI sense 3.5 looks great

Battery should be better on radar but I am not sure if radar has a memory card slot.

And with loads of goodies packed in the box rhyme is a winner for me.

@ Saurav The Radar's hardware includes two letdowns : Its non-removable battery and its limited storage capacity (there's no microSD slot). Also Windows phone lags far behind Android in number of apps.

Htc Rhyme is a better choice.

@ Saurav The Radar's hardware includes two letdowns : Its non-removable battery and its limited storage capacity (there's no microSD slot). Also Windows phone lags far behind Android in number of apps.

Htc Rhyme is a better choice.

Even rhyme has non-removable battery

An android mobile with non-removable battery will be like a Mig20 Fighter Jet without an eject switch for the pilot..

What happens when it crash lands and you have to do a pull out.. For the Battery that is..

@rajan ji there must be a reset button somewhere will confirm the same i have 1 with me have to see where the reset button is

I am using HTC EVO Design with the cdma ruim or gsm sim with tata cdma sim inserted and working.

Now I got an option today with ICS upgrade , should I go with it and will it disturb the cdma ruim settings or not ?

It should not but better confirm from seller first, though per my experience Sense 3.6 on ICS is not much of an improvement worth upgrading for.

Sense 3.6 libs and framework-res is hardly primitive than sense 4. ICS will not compile on < Sense 3.6 base. If its ICS means far ahead than GB be it Sense 3.6 or Sense 4.1. Some newer .apks will not parse unless on ICS.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2