Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
csmart

[Debate] Is Apple The Best?

Apple has innovated... Agreed.. That's why they tend to keep premium prices on their goods... But then,they can't be quoted anywhere near the word 'best'... Not able to customise a lot of things, having to use their prop software for syncing etc means a Big 'NO' for many people like me..

• Like 1

Will I buy an Apple product in the near future? NO

Do I hate Apple: Again NO.

But I admire Apple the company. They have become market leaders, rather trendsetters, in segments where they did not even have the first mover advantage. And still, the aam junta perceives Apple to be the creater of segments like PMP, touch phones, tablets etc.

This is what I admire Apple for.

So which of America's great companies is its most admired? One hint, this company has won the title the previous four years. Care to hazard a guess? That is correct, it is Apple that has just picked up its fifth straight trophy beating the likes of Google, Amazon, Coca-Cola and IBM. Fortune magazine says that the company's financial performance is the reason why Apple is so admired.

source : Fortune

It seems that Apple stock is on steroids - after the phenomenal reception to iPad 3/ new iPad. Apple shares are currently trading at over $550 and it’s just another good time to buy for most but Apple’s chief executive Tim Cook sold $11 million worth of his own stock awards.

I just read in this topic that Apple have best hardware ??? a phone on which you cannot change the battery ? is this apple call best hardware ?

a phone on which you cannot do customisation on core ? is this a best phone ?

Their so called iMAC uses Intel processors, uses SATA hard Drive, uses almost same ram as pc, runs windows OS and still its different ?

Apple never invented anything, they just took a product from market, make it shiny and sale it as it was never there in market,

I can only say they are good at marketing, and making dum people feel smart !

Agree with Hitesh Bhai. Apple is great at marketing. Putting up legal cases, Getting paid reviews, paid News & fooling customers. Always keeping themselves in news.

i hate apple as much as the next person but as an ipad2 owner pls don't call us all dumb!

apple has rarely if ever invented anything but they remain the best at redesign, repackaging, and even sales

no other consumer product company in the world has as many different hits as apple

its not just the most valuable company by market cap but also in profitability for a reason

people are always willing to pay a premium for great design regardless of how smart they are

no other manufacturer can get away without providing usb slots in their phones or tabs either

obviously they are doing something right

you can't fool most of the people most of the time ...

obviously they are doing something right

you can't fool most of the people most of the time ...

+1.

Exactly what I too feel.

The wow factor is the greatest in Apple products. So who needs a slightly better hardware, say like Samsung, when even that would anyway become obsolete in 6 months. Hence, people go for the best design and looks and the snob value associated with it.

Hence, people go for the best design and looks and the snob value associated with it.

we keep our ipad2 at home since 3g on airtel and rgsm was too slow

on wifi its fine but there would be others like us who did not buy it for 'snob value'

an iphone / ipod is different since you will usually carry it with you most places and others will notice

Hence, people go for the best design and looks and the snob value associated with it.

we keep our ipad2 at home since 3g on airtel and rgsm was too slow

on wifi its fine but there would be others like us who did not buy it for 'snob value'

an iphone / ipod is different since you will usually carry it with you most places and others will notice

Point taken. But majority do buy it for snob value. And I've seen people in packed Mumbai locals using Ipads.

Remeber that ad? "If its not an Iphone .... well...its not an Iphone! " This line has gone down too well with the masses.

Edited by amtrag

^^^

Look here

and

I find Apple better than Samsung. Apple products are beautiful and yes they are not dumb. They are very innovative. They changed the way world we see it today.

I don't care if Android has better and powerful OS, there is no WOW factor in it. I agree they are costly and most of us cannot afford it.

I find Apple better than Samsung. Apple products are beautiful and yes they are not dumb. They are very innovative. They changed the way world we see it today.

I don't care if Android has better and powerful OS, there is no WOW factor in it. I agree they are costly and most of us cannot afford it.

So by what you say we can come to this conclusion that Vertu phones are the Best bcoz its Insanely expensive and most of us cannot afford it thus giving it more "WOW" (capital letters between invited comas) factor. :D

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Edited by abhi.r
  • Like 2

Exactly what I too feel.

The wow factor is the greatest in Apple products. So who needs a slightly better hardware, say like Samsung, when even that would anyway become obsolete in 6 months. Hence, people go for the best design and looks and the snob value associated with it.

Sammy phone! No way. Its too futuristic and so cheap(cost less) that makes it so down market. You actually have to wait for like 6 months for it to become obsolete. But iPhone ... its awesome. It already obsolete the moment its announced. "Its has kind of a retro feel which I like."

:D

Edited by abhi.r
  • Like 1

It already obsolete the moment its announced.

?? Sorry dont get this point.

I thought Iphone/pad take 1 year to become obsolete.

That's what Apple makes people believe. People compare iPhone 4s with iPhone 4 but don't want to compare it with what the market has to offer.

@amtrag what abhi is saying that most apple products come with "obsolete" hardware. take example of iPhone 4S, it came with 8MP and still no mutli tasking. while others, Motorola, Samsung all had these features long back...

@abhi correct me if i m wrong...

Edited by csmart
  • Like 1

OK. Got it.

But then this is what we are debating: Apple manages to sell even with slightly lower specs.

What I feel is that its like a cat and mouse game: What matters is who eats whom and not who is ahead in the paper specs race. And it is clear that Apple is eating other for breakfast, lunch & dinner too! :)

Exactly what I too feel.

Sammy phone! No way. Its too futuristic and so cheap(cost less) that makes it so down market. You actually have to wait for like 6 months for it to become obsolete. But iPhone ... its awesome. It already obsolete the moment its announced. "Its has kind of a retro feel which I like."

:D

Pretty smart reply. Vertu. :censored3:

People across the world as so dumb making the undeserving Apple the No. 1 company in the world.

I am currently using a Samsung Note ( Streak before this) and I still find my iPhone 4S better.

Play with your Quad core phones with LTE in a country that does not even a proper 3G coverage.

According to me apple is not best because :-

1.it does not supports JAVA

2.it is costly

3.battery cannot be changed

4.A huge disadvantage with all Apple mobile devices, including iPhone, is the fact that they don’t allow users to transfer data and information from the PC to the device through a USB cable without using applications like iPhoto and iTunes.

etc.

Exactly what I too feel.

I am currently using a Samsung Note ( Streak before this) and I still find my iPhone 4S better.

Play with your Quad core phones with LTE in a country that does not even a proper 3G coverage.

you picked the wrong phones to play with. Streak and Note are phablets. Dunno why did Samsung came up with an excellent device which is amazingly inconvenient to use.

How many official iPhones (with the official price) are sold in India? May be less than that of ill-fated, world-wide-bashed, huge-failure, worthless NokiaE7 (another heavily over-priced phone with non-removable battery, no memory expansion)... Even in US, if there is no such thing as contract, the final sales figure may be very very less...

Bonus LINK HERE

Not exactly Apple is good, but somehow it has captured the top brass of the market.

Well the name sells, I studied in my MBA about doing quality sales rather than doing quantity sales.

I myself don't like apple and don't use it other than one ipod.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D

Even apple gets infected with virus. there are more than 600,000 MAcs infected with botnet. considering the total number of Macs, the percentage is very low. but astonishingly, 50% of these affected are in US & Canada. So Apple's claim that there are no virus is false. however this will not affect the company in any manner.

More than 600,000 Macs infected with Flashback botnet

Source

Russian antivirus company says half the computers infected with malware designed to steal personal information are in the U.S. -- with 274 located in Cupertino.

flashbackinfectionsmap_610x333.jpg

Dr. Web map notes the percentage of Flashback infections by country.(Credit: Dr. Web)

More than half a million Macs are infected with the Flashback Trojan, a malware package designed to steal personal information, according to a Russian antivirus company.

The company -- Dr. Web -- originally reported today that 550,000 Macintosh computers were infected by the growing Mac botnet. But later in the day, Dr. Web malware analyst Sorokin Ivanannounced on Twitter that the number of Macs infected with Flashback had increased to 600,000, with 274 of those based in Cupertino, Calif.

More than half of the Macs infected are in the United States (57 percent), while another 20 percent are in Canada, Dr. Web said.

The malware was initially found in September 2011 masquerading as a fake Adobe Flash Player plug-in installer, but in the past few months it has evolved to exploiting Java vulnerabilities to target Mac systems. A new variant that surfaced over the weekend appears to be taking advantage of Java vulnerability for which Apple released a patch yesterday.

As CNET blogger Topher Kessler explains, simply visiting a malicious Web site containing Flashback on an OS X system with Java installed will result in one of two installation routes. The malware will request an administrator password, and if one is supplied, it will install its package of code into the Applications folder. If a password is not offered, the malware will install to the user accounts where it can run in a more global manner.

Once installed, the Flashback will inject code into Web browsers and other applications like Skype to harvest passwords and other information from those program's users.

Security company F-Secure has published instructions on how to determine whether a Mac is infected with Flashback.