Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Must Have Android Apps For Your Smartphone - Part II

a great app i came across... Insta Money... those who need an app for internet banking but dont have the respective banks special application... can use this... great app... we can also add multiple accounts of different banks...

link... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vinspire.money&feature=search_result

@ Kundalus.. here is a DB link for HIKE... https://www.dropbox.com/s/mau66djjgo9bt2s/com.bsb.hike-52-0.9.11.apk

The Dark Knight Rises game by Gameloft is now available on Market. The size is pretty damn big at 1.8 GB and expensive too at 6.99$.

link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftKRHM

Train crisis HD very good game!

my favorite is temple run, too damn addictive :o

try this guys if u wanna change the feel of your android

Android's first Dock task manager and quick dial
Dock4Droid is the first Dock task manager for the Android platform. You can quickly access your running tasks from anywhere you currently are in your phone or tablet and launch new apps from the current screen. Icons are rendered in a wave-like parabolic view and tasks are accessed by sliding your finger on the dock.
You can add custom launchers and exclude apps from the Dock.
Now Dock4Droid supports also your favorite contacts to appear in the Dock so you can use it as a quick dial solution.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.urbandroid.dock.full.key&feature=related_apps

• Like 2

Avast Mobile Security 2 And Anti-Theft 2 (Formerly Theft Aware) Betas Now Available

Bring Web Portal And A Lot More

Source

To get in on the beta, simply head right here to grab the downloads.

The web portal also requires an avast! account, and you can get one of those from directly within the app or on the web.

Today, the avast! Mobile team released beta builds of Mobile Security 2 and Anti-Theft 2, bringing a ton of new features along with them. Of these new features, the most noteworthy is the arrival of the web portal for Anti-Theft. This allows users to remote control their avast!-equipped device(s) from the web (as well as via SMS messages). This is an absolutely fantastic new addition, as it makes avast! even more relevant on tablets. The web portal offers full control of the device, including remote location, locking, wiping, sirens, SMS and call forwarding, and a lot more.

4_thumb10.png

Other than the absolutely incredible web portal, the new betas bring a host of other improvements and new features:

• avast! Anti-Theft web portal integrated into the avast! Account
  • Network Meter
  • avast! widget
  • Optimized UI for tablets
  • Real-time protection (on-exec scanning) of apps
  • Custom rules and log in the firewall
  • The shield control UI to fine-tune on-access security setup
  • avast! SiteCorrect for the Web Shield
  • Scanning of incoming messages
  • SMS/Call filter wildcards
  • Greyscale notification icon

• Like 1

with hike, all of my contacts are in DND....lol...

uninstalled...

If ur contacts also use hike then messages would transmit through net n not sms so dnd won't matter. But they need to use hike app... Theyr developing on the lines of whatsapp + sms. Still lot of development to go...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

What I like about hike is that its very fast(as compared to Whatsapp) and also gives read status which is missing in Whatapp.

This application is jointly developed by Bharti Enterprises(Airtel) and Japan's softbank. Read more about them here

Lot of development is required but I sense that this app is here to stay for long....

Edited by phonegeek

latest Tapatalk is version 2.2.4

a great app i came across... Insta Money... those who need an app for internet banking but dont have the respective banks special application... can use this... great app... we can also add multiple accounts of different banks...

link... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vinspire.money&feature=search_result

@ Kundalus.. here is a DB link for HIKE... https://www.dropbox.com/s/mau66djjgo9bt2s/com.bsb.hike-52-0.9.11.apk

Thnx...

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

What protection are you guys using against potential theft. I have read about lookout, android lost and wheres my droid but dont know which one to go for. Really important as more and more sensitive data is being stored on the phone.

I use android lost and it works perfectly.

Sent from my Touchpad

• Like 1

App Geek is the best app for the users who wants to have latest information about Mobile World !!

• Like 1

Dock4Droid is the first Dock task manager for the Android platform. You can quickly access your running tasks from anywhere you currently are in your phone or tablet and launch new apps from the current screen. Icons are rendered in a wave-like parabolic view and tasks are accessed by sliding your finger on the dock.

Now Dock4Droid supports also your favorite contacts to appear in the Dock so you can use it as a quick dial solution.

https://play.google....re=related_apps

Reminds me of Webos in Palm PRE... hope this is as efficient..

https://play.google....re=related_apps

Reminds me of Webos in Palm PRE... hope this is as efficient..

takes time getting used to it and works sweet.

Edited by nitink

What protection are you guys using against potential theft. I have read about lookout, android lost and wheres my droid but dont know which one to go for. Really important as more and more sensitive data is being stored on the phone.

For data theft: I use droidwall which is a firewall and I can restrict apps from using the internet. In addition to this, I also use autostarts where I can disable the startup/autorun for all apps. My ROM is CM7 based and it also has the function for permission manangement.

For physical theft: I do not use anything since I do not put any sensitive info on my cell...u never know which app is transmitting which data. The only sensitive info I have is my email accounts ids and access which can be changed on a phone lost.

(Edit: Lol...yeah the phone...I normally do not leave it anywhere. So the risk is low. A app constantly running in the background, tracking my location and consuming battery is something I wont like..Anyway, I might be wrong here.

Edited by theking

I use android lost and it works perfectly.

Sent from my Touchpad

I just installed Androidlost on my phone and i must say its amazing.

The functionality is awesome.

Great find friend.

:thumbup:

good job Nitin. actually it saves time and looks. thank you buddy.

Jelly Bean Keyboard PRO

Android Jelly Bean Keyboard from Android 4.1 ported to work on your device!
Jelly Bean Keyboard is the best port of Jelly Bean Keyboard on the market!
Initial launch promotional period. US $1.99 for LIMITED TIME ONLY! Price will go up at the end of promotional period!
===================================
PRO Only features:
- Themes: compatible with GO keyboard themes, Better Keyboard themes, and most keyboard themes on the market!
- Fonts: change keyboard fonts!
- Key height, width, key size customizations!
- No annoying ads!
- Help developer feed his kids!
===================================
Jelly Bean Keyboard - The keyboard from Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
This is the keyboard from Android 4.1 (codename Jelly Bean). I back ported it to work with all android deivces 1.6 and up. Everything is working except Speech Recognition will require android 2.2 or higher.
This essentially the same Jelly Bean Keyboard you will find in Android 4.1 but I made a few minor adjustments to it to make it work a little better.
It's even better than the original Jelly Bean keyboard:
- Compatible with most android devices
- Features that are incompatible with older phones were removed to make the keyboard faster
- Bigger Keys!
- Reduced app size by exporting non-English languages as separate downloads
- More user friendly
Enjoy!
Swiftkey like next word prediction is English ONLY at this time!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jlsoft.inputmethod.latin.jelly.pro

CPU Sleeper
the best battery saver for dual core & quad core devices. root is necessary.dont try if u dont have a dual or quad core cpu.

How does it work?
Since we have Dual & Quad core CPUs, we have a CPU 0 and a CPU 1/2/3, core 0/1/2/3, while the screen is off we really only need to have 1 core active "CPU0", this App will make sure CPU 1/2/3 shuts off while the screen is off, then resumes normal usage when the screen comes back on.
Compatibility?
Works with any Dual Core & Quad Core Devices!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eugene373.cpu.sleep

1Tap Cleaner Pro latest version 1.54

What's in this version:
★ new "Installation time" option that enables you to sort apps by the app installation time
★ support "Clear frequently contacted" function for Android 2, 3 and Jelly bean devices. Sorry no ICS due to Android's limitation
★ default cleaner shows more detailed information
★ Danish localization
★ Russian localization
★ bugs fixed

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.a0soft.gphone.acc.pro&hl=en