Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Must Have Android Apps For Your Smartphone - Part II

Is there any way to get SMS Delivery report in Nexus S (Sprint) ?

I am having Android version 4.0.4

I tried Handscent SMS. Even if activate Delivery report from Carrier, I do not get one?

Anyone having solution?

^

Go SMS works fine for me

I am not on ICS yet

^

Go SMS works fine for me

I am not on ICS yet

Does Reliance CDMA gives actual delivery report? Try to send sms to switch off phones and see whether you get the delivery report or not. I afraid, it will give :(

• Like 1

Well as a service it surely it used to work well on my Nokia 6275... used it for years..

Havent tested on smart phones/Go SMS, but I guess it works as good

The Delivery report is working well in Nokia and low end Samsung phones.

Even I have tried GO SMS Pro, still I do not get delivery reports for SMS.

Well I think RCDMA gives delivery report when they deliver the SMS to the recipient's service providers server and not to the actual recipient's phone.

You can check this by sending to Non-RCDMA phone when its switched off.

Is there any way to get SMS Delivery report in Nexus S (Sprint) ?

:teacher:

I am also in the same boat, Nexus S on ICS 4.0.4 on Tata CDMA

Try this, Only for mental peace and for satisfaction that the message is delivered to the recipient...... :duel:

Install Handcent SMS and Go SMS and activate sms delivery report in Handcent, then send SMS from handcent, and check the delivery report in Go SMS. :w00t:

I sent a sms from my nexus to a mobile which was switched off and got the delivery report on my Nexus in Go SMS... :clap:

I think its the same happening with reliance as mentioned by other members in the previous post...

Cant help it bro... :rolleyes:

:ko2:

No SMS Delivery report is really a funny thing in Many Android phones, while it simply available in basic phones. So while designing they are assuming all SMS will get delivered? Really can't understand

Edited by pasumark

^^lol

Delivery reports working well with my Bionic -on Reliance CDMA - with Handcent.

Handcent Menu ->settings -> Receive message settings -> Delivery reports (check)

Checked it with a non-Reliance number. Switched off the other phone and the status was showing as 'pending'. When I switched it on, it showed delivered (green tick mark next to the text bubble)

^^lol

Delivery reports working well with my Bionic -on Reliance CDMA - with Handcent.

Handcent Menu ->settings -> Receive message settings -> Delivery reports (check)

Checked it with a non-Reliance number. Switched off the other phone and the status was showing as 'pending'. When I switched it on, it showed delivered (green tick mark next to the text bubble)

Then this is not a problem of Reliance CDMA or Android, it is only particular handsets? or is Android 4.0.4?

In my ICS SONY ERICSSON GSM mobile, delivery reports are working well even in the native sms app. I have installed go sms also and it is my default sms app.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

^ many members required sms delivery report like incoming sms or ussd message. " delivered to XXXXXXX" kind of message to be display on screen.. For them, there is no way out (at least i never came across any).

Delivery notification works well with Go SMS. Checked mark below the message means its delivered..

Delivery report working in my photon with messaging7. But not with stock messaging app.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Does not work for me, Go SMS Pro on CM9 Epic, any guidance please.

I use android lost and it works perfectly.

Sent from my Touchpad

awesome and a must have..........

Does not work for me, Go SMS Pro on CM9 Epic, any guidance please.

I am currently using CM9 (though not on epic) but go sms delivery ack works perfects. I am sure u would have enabled delivery ack....is this the same with the stock sms apk also?

Need a call recording Application for S3 without beep. And should record both side conversation on Micro SD Card.

Try this works fine with epic 4g touch Call Recorder http://market.android.com/details?id=com.appstar.callrecorder

Share Apps http://goo.gl/8BGU3

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Need a call recording Application for S3 without beep. And should record both side conversation on Micro SD Card.

I also need it for my rooted Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I also need one for my GNexus... If that is a paid app, please give link of the app in playStore...

Thanks...

A very nice app for twitter. Simple UI, fast and beautiful as compared to any other twitter client on Android.

Must have app for twitter lovers............

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamboid.twitter&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS50ZWFtYm9pZC50d2l0dGVyIl0.

dear all

need business calender or similar for ics on fascinate

jasmin

^^

Use Touchdown.. thats the best solution for business email and calendar

dear all

need business calender or similar for ics on fascinate

jasmin

I use Calengoo. Though a paid apk but the best out there in my opinion....As fas as the calendar goes, I believe this is better than touchdown...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.calengoo.android&feature=search_result

Is there any application for Dual radio handsets (GSM / CDMA) to switch from GSM to CDMA & vice versa just by touching one button. Existing method of going into settings & changing the selection is 'ok' for few times, but a quick button to do the same is very much helpful. Any suggestion ? I have HTC Inc2. Inc2, with gingerbread.