Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Must Have Android Apps For Your Smartphone - Part II

I use Mozilla Thunderbird with Lightning Add-on. Linked the Google Calender (on CalDAV mode) as the Lightning Calender. Both in my home PC as well as Office PC. And use the Calender widget on my Android Mobile.

Any reminder added on Thunderbird gets synced with Mobile and the other installation of Thunderbird (Home to Office/Office to Home)

Repeating..try calengoo..the settings, configurations, widgets u have in calengoo are truly unbeatable..

No..i m not the developer :P

(Dont Follow Your Shadow, Lead It!!)

-Sent from my Fax Machine

Best apk for email..

https://play.google....bS5mc2NrLms5Il0.

K-9 Mail is completely community developed and is hosted at Github. The mail client is based on Gmail’s original email client for Android but it comes in with a whole lot of other features. K-9 supports IMAP, POP3 and Exchange 2003/2007 (with WebDAV).

Description

K-9 is the best email client for Android. It's incredibly powerful and 100% free

K-9 Mail is an open-source e-mail client with search, IMAP push email, multi-folder sync, flagging, filing, signatures, bcc-self, PGP, mail on SD & more!

K-9 supports IMAP, POP3 and Exchange 2003/2007 (with WebDAV).

K-9 is a community developed project. If you're interested in helping to make the best email client on Android even better, please join us! You can find our bugtracker, source code, mailing list and wiki at http://k9mail.googlecode.com.

We're always happy to welcome new developers, designers, documenters, bug triagers and friends.

If you're having trouble with K-9, please report a bug at http://k9mail.googlecode.com rather than just leaving a one-star review. We don't mind you telling the world that you're frustrated, but if you use our bug tracker, we have a better chance of fixing whatever's giving you a hard time.

You can find K-9's release notes at: http://bit.ly/new-k9

Edited by theking

Friends,,
Now access the whole of android's file system (including the exclusive data folder!)..

Root Explorer 2.21.1

Features :
~SQLite database viewer,
~Text Editor, create and extract zip or tar/gzip files,
~extract rar archives, multi-select, execute scripts, search, remount, permissions, bookmarks,
~send files (via email, bluetooth etc), image thumbnails,
~APK binary XML viewer, change file owner/group, create symbolic link, "Open With" facility, MD5, create shortcuts.

Android Rooting guide :
- Refer as per attached procedure, to CHECK IF THE PHONE IS ROOTED...

Alternatively, you an also use the simple Root Checker app
Link :https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5qb2V5a3JpbS5yb290Y2hlY2siXQ..

Friends,,

Now access the whole of android's file system (including the exclusive data folder!)..

Root Explorer 2.21.1 Full ver. :

Features :

~SQLite database viewer,

~Text Editor, create and extract zip or tar/gzip files,

~extract rar archives, multi-select, execute scripts, search, remount, permissions, bookmarks,

~send files (via email, bluetooth etc), image thumbnails,

~APK binary XML viewer, change file owner/group, create symbolic link, "Open With" facility, MD5, create shortcuts.

Why use a paid apk when ES File Explorer can do the job better:rolleyes:

(Dont Follow Your Shadow, Lead It!!)

-Sent from my Fax Machine

• Like 1

No, as per my user experience, paid apps will be always get new updates and features..!! :SI:

No, as per my user experience, paid apps will be always get new updates and features..!! :SI:

I really dont think so. Look at Go SMS or Go launcher.

• Like 1

^^^ also look at launcher pro.. its not being updated since ages. Even though its paid, no further development.

So it all depends on developer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yup...it all depends on the developer :doh:

but in this case, for ES File Explorer, my experience was great...

PS: I used to use Root explorer earlier, but have now shifted to ES File Explorer.

Few days back I shared Indian Railway app which can track your WL tickets and give timely updates for status changes besides other usual stuff.

Again, I came across this excellent app with which you can book train ticket, save it offline(now you dont have to carry printout of etickets) and all other things.

Here it is: Play link

Description

This application is aimed at enhancing the User Experience on IRCTC.

This is NOT an alternate solution for Tatkal bookings. It will not work while IRCTC mobile site is down.

Key Features:

-Auto Login.

-Intelligent Session Timeout detection & Auto retry Login.

-Auto Fill Journey details on Book Ticket Form.

-Access your Tickets Offline, Never carry a printed E-Ticket again.

-Faster page loading, No images are downloaded except when extremely necessary.

-Avoids unwanted usage of IRCTC resources, It never create a new session

if existing session still valid.

-Major IRCTC navigation are redesigned(UI) with latest Android ICS design patterns.

-Designed in multi-threaded architecture to utilize multi core processors.

-YOU CAN USE ANY DEBIT CARD FOR THE PAYMENT. (Choose "Other Bank Master/Visa Debit Card" option at payment page.)

Limitations:

-The application’s Online functionalities are highly depends on IRCTC mobile

web page(www.irctc.co.in/mobile), and it will not work if mobile webpage is down.

-Journey date will not be listed in Offline Tickets as IRCTC not included it in the

Ticket Details of mobile web page.

PS : IRCTC does not have any official Android app, all it has a mobile website which rarely works.

• Like 4

M-indicator an app that provides all info about about train, its status etc

Very useful for those who travels daily

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2

I have tried to install M-Indicator many times on my Nexus S 4G, but I was not successful.

Every time after installation it asks for my location & after entering my location it automatically directs to one message sending notification, but every time the message fails to deliver saying that I have not sufficient balance to send the message.

I am on postpaid plan then how the message is not getting delivered is the big question...

Because of this problem I am not able to install M-Indicator. I have tried to raise this to the developer thru mail but not received any reply.

Can anybody solve my above problem...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

^ It happened with me on E4GT, was never able to run it and faced the same issue although all my settings were correct. Its working fine on GNEX. May be some compability issue.

WOW! Finally Google launched Voice-guided GPS Navigation in Google Maps for Android in India.

Announced in this official VIDEO from Google India..

• Like 5

^ Its not yet available. May be in next update they bring the navigation here.

M Indicator

Same issue.. I have started using alternate applications

But it works on my phone!!!!

Finally I got the best To - Do App.

PRODUCTEEV.

It works for windows desktop, mac, android iOS. Its great !!!!