Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Google Nexus 7 Tablet

Google Nexus 7 Tablet Leaks Out: Internal Training Document Confirms All Your Hopes

Source Source

Ladies and gents, the Google Nexus 7 is just days away from its launch, it will be made by Asus and it will look just as you see on the picture below. At least according to a training document Gizmodo Australia obtained days before the 7-inch quad-core tablet’s launch. And that document - even though the picture from it looks real - could turn out to be a fake one, so keep that healthy shade of doubt until the official announcement.

The official unveiling should happen in just two days at the 2012 Google I/O kicking off June 27th in San Francisco, so stay tuned - after Apple played its WWDC card and Microsoft went all Windows Phone at its dev summit, you don’t want to miss Google’s response now, do you?

AsusNexusTablet-640x360.jpg

If true, though, the Nexus 7, as it’s referred to in the training document, will get a release date in July, and will pack a powerful quad-core Tegra 3 chip. Also, it will run on Android Jelly Bean, the next big redefinition of Android that could bump up the version number to Android 4.1 or Android 5.

First, let’s look at the technical details, as they appear in that precious leaked document:

• 7-inch 1280×800 IPS display with 178-degree viewing angle
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
  • 1.3GHz quad-core Tegra 3 chip
  • nVidia GeForce 12-core GPU
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 8GB or 16GB of internal storage
  • 1.2MP front-facing camera, no rear camera
  • 9-hour battery life
  • Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
  • NFC with Google Wallet

The best thing about the Nexus 7 tablet? Its price will be a kicker - the 8 gig version will set you back $199, while the 16 gig model will cost $249.

The second best thing? Google is allegedly taking over the software updates on this, so you should expect getting the next version of Android with little or no delay.

• Like 3

m Waiting for this :)

I will buy only if it have SDCard slot

Competition to Samsung Tab 2 P3100 which is priced at Rs.19,300.

Google has officially taken the wraps off of the Nexus 7, its first reference-grade tablet. The 7-inch slate is the first and currently only device shipping with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, and takes advantage of its optimization for smaller tablet screens, magazines and movies -- it's also the first to ship with a finished Chrome for Android. Like was widely suspected, the tablet is built by ASUS and mostly draws our attention in terms of what we get for the money: that quad-core Tegra 3, 1.2-megapixel front camera, NFC and 1280 x 800, IPS-based LCD are traits we'd normally look for in a pricier tablet. How much pricier, you ask? Google is asking just $199 for a dainty 8GB model and $249 for a 16GB version -- that's a lot of speed for the money, especially with a $25 Google Play credit and a slew of bundled content. There's no SD card slot, however.

Source

Introducing Nexus 7

I will buy only if it have SDCard slot

It doesn't have a SD-card slot.. maximum u can get is 16gb , but 249$ price tag is quite nominal for such beefy h/w and latest s/w. I'd go for it. Its the first tablet that I'm tempted to buy.

Yes im too buying 16gb version soon also with Nexus Q

can we buy it directly from India?

hi, I also want to buy 16 gb version, how to buy in India. Checked google play store, but it say not available in your country.

Lack of SD card slot is a let down. But I would still buy the 16gb version. Hope it is available in India soon. As per the keynote yesterday it will be availble first in US, UK, Canada and Austraila, followed by other countries.

SD Card slot is not there because this is primarily a device where atleast in US all the content like movies, music, books, magazines will remain in cloud through google play store. Unfortunately in india we can't buy much of the content through play store yet. Google is targetting this mainly against digital media consumption devices like Kindle Fire & Nook.

I think Asus will bring this to india officially. It has given enough hints of a value tablet launch by july in the past.

Juicy price point ..surely will find many takers in India itself ..including me

SD Card slot is not there because this is primarily a device where atleast in US all the content like movies, music, books, magazines will remain in cloud through google play store. Unfortunately in india we can't buy much of the content through play store yet. Google is targetting this mainly against digital media consumption devices like Kindle Fire & Nook.

I think Asus will bring this to india officially. It has given enough hints of a value tablet launch by july in the past.

This being a Wifi only device. One cannot be on the cloud all the time even in USA.

The good news is, according to Anandtech review here USB-OTG (On The Go) is supported !!

Quality gsm / CDMA radio module costs 75-100$, that's why nexus tab is not bonded to any network hence operator's pound of flesh is not charged from us.

• Like 1

Nexus 7 Tablet Review:The Verge>> http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/29/3125396/google-nexus-7-review

Reviewer Wrap-up Comment

Google’s Nexus 7 isn’t just an excellent tablet for $200. It’s an excellent tablet, period. In fact, it’s the first Android tablet that I can confidently recommend to buyers — and not just because it’s got a low price tag (though that certainly helps). It’s a well-designed, powerful, and useful product, with lots of bells and whistles that makes it feel like a device that should be more expensive than it is.

There are still issues that need to be addressed — particularly around growing the tablet app footprint and expanding content offerings — but I don’t think those are deal breakers. The Nexus 7 delivers way more functionality than I expected, and it delivers it in a package that’s sleek, smart, and affordably priced.

Believe it or not, the last time I was surprised by a product with those same qualities, it was called the iPad.

Nexus 7 Tablet Review: the best $200 tablet you can buy: Engadget >> http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/28/nexus-7-review/

Nexus 7 Tablet VIDEO Review

My friend already has it, he says its' the best Android device he has ever seen! and Jelly bean gonna blow iOS.

Android is good but why everyone talk about blowing ios?

There can not be any innovation without competition.

• Like 1

Android will rule the world, there is no doubt it. Apple is still ruling in revenue although its market share is less than half of Android.

A stronger Apple and iOS is good for the market as it will lead better innovation from Google and larger open source.

• Like 1

Disappointed with screen resolution of G Nexus compared to ipad

we have to see how much one can offer in 199USD

Not too impressed with the specs. Would have preferred a 10 inch screen with 3g option and expandable storage. For people who read a lot of ebooks, this may be a good option.

Cant ask more for the price but it would have been great if it had expandable memory.

Disappointed with screen resolution of G Nexus compared to ipad

Hope you have compared price also.

Sent from my Touchpad

Price...yes!

But truly speaking, does it cost more to add the sim slot? I dont think so...

Just the premium that goes with it...there must be a market breaker....

i think it isnt simply just adding a sim slot. Besides, there were reports that the actual cost of making the nexus7 is close to 185 dollars. Add to that 25$ credit that google is giving, they are selling these at a loss or maybe break even.