Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Google Nexus 7 Tablet

they must be looking at a very early amortization of their capital cost....so that the break even could be earlier...

What u say? Its not possible to have such high costs!

:smoke:

According ihssuppli,

It's BOM is 160 or so

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mobile/display/20120711220409_Google_Nexus_7_Costs_167_to_Manufacture_Teardown_Analysis.html

Here is article

No company is sitting to donate their money to customer.

All are American capitalist companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You probably didn't read the whole thing or chose to ignore it. Let me quote some.

It should be noted that these teardown

assessments are preliminary in nature, account

only for hardware and manufacturing costs

and do not include additional expenses such

as software, licensing, royalties or other

expenditures.

Even when additional costs are considered,

IHS estimates that Google will at least break

even on sales of the 8GByte model, priced at

$199 - and will make a modest profit on the

16GB version, which is priced at $249.

Google has decided to stop taking new orders for Nexus 7 due to high demand. Source

Google has decided to stop taking orders from its online store, assumedly because it has such a huge backlog it doesn’t even know when it will be able to fulfill new customer purchases. The 16 GB $249 tablet had been showing up as being delayed for one to two weeks. As of now, though, it’s impossible to place an order. The 8 GB model, at $199, is still available for orders.

nexus-7.jpeg

It has also already sold out at major retailers, including Costco, Gamestop, Sam’s Club, Office Depot, and Staples. The online versions of all the above stores list the 16 GB device as either “backordered,” coming soon,” “in-store only,” or simply “out of stock.” Your in-store chances aren’t much better. Among retailers that allow consumers to check item inventory at local stores, you’ll have a devil of a time finding any location in a major metropolitan area that lists the Nexus 7 as available.

Obviously, for Google and the Nexus 7, price was the number one concern. It let the market play out for a while before it stepped in and stamped its seal of approval on its own tablet. And during that time, it realized that if consumers want a 10-inch, fully-functional, graphically intensive tablet, they’ll buy an iPad. But if they just want something to check their emails, play a mobile game every now and then, and maybe read an ebook on the go, they want something as cheap as possible. The Nexus 7 is now filling that need.

WiFi tablet showing connectivity in the middle of jungle!

Google, show us something better / logical than "designed for humans" kind of non sense.

^^^^

LOL Rajan ji.. They may have hidden the mifi device some where behind a tree... But I have not seen video yet, as my laptop got problems, but I hope that's the case...

I almost every time use my Razr MAXX with mifi (Cdma or 3Gsm both)

Further the hidden meaning of "designed for humans" is "not for I+ domestic animal which gives milk, but not cow". That's way too much, even though I am an Android fan...

Sent from my Razr MAXX using Tapatalk2

Edited by KanagaDeepan

wjust wanted to share this REVIEW OF Nex7

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/07/divine-intervention-googles-nexus-7-is-a-fantastic-200-tablet/

This is the best ever elaborated review about any device i have ever seen !!

they covered each and every aspect so clearly :)

Asus Prepares Nexus 7 3G Variant - Launch in 6 Weeks

Source - PaulOBrien

I love my Nexus 7, but I really wish there was a 3G version. Well, according to our very well placed insider - my wish is about to be answered!

There's not a huge amount to say... a 3G version of the Nexus 7 is coming, with no other hardware changes. Asus is currently ramping production in preparation for launch in around 6 weeks, with the exact launch date and territories still to be confirmed.

• Like 2

WiFi tablet showing connectivity in the middle of jungle!

But Ji, the last scene shows the camp is within their home and not in Jungle.

Only irritation I have with all these 3G devices is the need to keep getting more and more connections. Though prepaid ones are ok but still you have to recharge when you suddenly need to use. Telcos should have a system of giving out 9-10 SIM/RUIM etc against one number. At least for data, if not voice.

Just got Nexus 7 delivered yesterday from HomeShop18 (from rajan's irresistable topic here). Very good build quality, great screen & really fast.

When I copy music, it says 'this may not play on your device' (although it does play). Some sort of DRM is going to come up in future versions of Android ?

Edited by ami1

Nexus 7 India Launch in November: Asus

Source

Nexus 7, the $199 tablet from Google is expected to reach Indian shores this November. The announcement came at a press event hosted by Asus India in Bengaluru.

We had earlier reported that a 3G model of the Nexus 7 might be in the works, courtesy Paul from Modaco, with a delay in the Indian launch of the tablet, which was expected to arrive in October. The delay, we feel, may be attributed to the development of the 3G version, which does make sense for a market like India.

Details regarding pricing of the 7-inch tablet were missing at the event, but the company has said that it may be available by next month end.

• Like 1

Although 3G is absent from the nexus, but we can attach data cards through USB host (root is needed).

Google To Launch Nexus 10 with Samsung - Resolution More Than iPad’s Retina Display – Report

Source

nexus-logo-one.jpg

Amid all the Nexus smartphone rumours, CNET is reporting that Google has partnered with Samsung to build the next Nexus tablet. It will be a 10-inch tablet that will come with a display resolution more than Apple new iPad’s Retina.

Google has launched Nexus 7 with Asus and it seems to be the turn of Samsung now, with which the company has already produced two Nexus smartphones – Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S.

The Nexus 10 tablet information is coming from NPD DisplaySearch analyst Richard Shim, who claims to have got it from supply chain sources.

According to him, Nexus 10 will have 2,560×1,600p display with 299PPI and it will top Apple’s new iPad’s 264 PPI on the 9.7-inch 2,048×1,536p display.

“It’s going to be a high-end device, in contrast with Google’s $199 Nexus 7 and upcoming $99 tablet,” Shim told CNET.

$99 Nexus 7

Yes, it seems to exist, as Shim also stated that $99 is real and it will go in production this December. Earlier, Digitimes had reported about the $99 Nexus 7 variant. Asus has already quashed the $99 Nexus 7 rumours, but we will have to wait to find out the truth.

On the other hand, the 32GB version of Nexus 7 tablet was accidentally confirmed on Monday, when a Japanese consumer got the 32GB version of Nexus 7, for his 16GB Nexus 7 order from Google Play Japan.

Now install Full Ubuntu On Your Nexus 7 Tablet.

Canonical has released an installer to install Ubuntu (Build based on 12.10) on your Nexus 7 Tablet as a full native install.

How To Install Ubuntu On Nexus 7

Known Issues

dinw.jpg

• Like 1

Nexus 7 3G HSPA+ - 32GB Version will be sold for $ 299 starting Novermber 13th on Play Store in US, UK, Australia, France, Germany, Spain and Canada.

Asus has announced that Nexus 7 16GB WiFi Model goes on sale in india from tomorrow at an MRP of Rs 19,999.

• Like 1

So 16GB WiFi only Nexus7 in India is costlier than 32GB_HSPA+ Nexus7 in US (299$) and even Europe (299 Euro)... I don't know whether Asus (as well as LG) thinks we Indians as fools or they don't want our business???

This is a very good time to capture Indian market from Nokia FULLY, but I don't know why they are NOT taking India seriously???

• Like 1

:previous:

It's not as bad as it sounds OR you're making it out to be. :)

In US through Google Play Store, consumer is actually paying US $230 for 16GB WiFi after taxes., i.e approx Rs 12,650.

Now even if we take US $199 price as base (Though it's widely known that it's a subsidized price by google), the indian price comes to around Rs 17,453 after adding $10 for freight, Indian Customs at 15%, Indian VAT at 12.5%, Asus Profit Margin at 10% & Distributor/Retailer combined margin at 10%.

The price announced in india is Rs 19,999 which is MRP. If past trends are any indication, generally on street/online prices are 7 to 10% lower than MRP. Taking it at 7% lower than MRP, it should be selling at Rs 18,599 actually.

So it's priced only Rs 1,146 higher then it can be realistically priced.

Edited by rajanmehta

Anyone with Nexus 7 using external storage can please tell me what's a better way? Rooting or buying that app which let's you open files on external storage?

Finally Google Brings Nexus 7 to india.

Now available on Google Play Store in India - 16GB For Rs 15,999 From HERE >> https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_7_16gb&feature=single-wide-banner
  • Like 5

Now that is a good news Rajan ji.any news about with 3G launch.:rolleyes:<br /><br />Triggered from SPH-D710<br />

Edited by amitroutray

Price seems to be on the higher side when compared to the US counterpart.

But yes something better then nothing.

Hope Google also brings in Nexus 4, 10 and version of Nexus 7 with Cellular data

Are they going to bring Nexus4 (and other upcoming Motorola X phones) to India too???

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Now that is a good news Rajan ji

any news about with 3G lunch. :rolleyes:

You can have 3G Lunch at any sweet shop.

* Ghuzia

* Gulab Jamun

* Gol gappe :Sorprendido:

• Like 4