Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
n_iceman

Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100

Galaxy Note II will cost Rs 39,900

3.11 pm: Samsung Galaxy smart camera also launched

The Galaxy Smart Camera has also been brought out to show consumers as part of a ‘surprise segment’ in the launch. Warzi reveals that it will be made available in India during the course of the month, before diwali.

Warzi is calling the camera “a charged up Android 4.0 device”, and is talking up the features of the device. The camera is 21 MP, comes with Android Ice Cream Sandwich, is wi-fi enabled and has SIM capability.

3.02pm: Galaxy Note II will cost Rs 39,900

It’s official. Warsi says that the Note II will cost Rs 39,990. There is an interest free EMI option spread out over nine months, but there are no to ways about this. The price is very very steep – it will be interesting to see how it fares, given the competitive nature of the smartphone market in India.

Even more interesting now, will be to see at what price point Apple will position the iPhone 5. This is a great opportunity for them to outgun Samsung ahead of the Diwali shopping season. Will they take it?

2.51pm: S Pen sounding cooler and cooler

Asim Warsi is demonstrating some of the key features of the Galaxy Note 2, showcasing the intuitiveness of the device. After praising the S pen as the most advanced mobile gadget yet, Warsi dwells on length on ‘photo note’ which allows users to edit pictures, tag and make little notes on the photographs taken. An in-built scrapbook option if you will.

And now we’re back to the S Pen. Warsi talks about its capability to sense pressure. “The S Pen is tuned to sense 1024 different levels of pressure sensing. This can draw lines of depth, width, intensity”, he says.

Warsi promises that this means that using the S Pen is exactly the same as using a normal pen and paper. If it does everything it says, this could be a huge boost for Samsung, especially since it will appeal to users who are not too comfortable with touch screens.

2.45 pm BGR says Note will cost Rs 39,000

BGR is reporting that the Note II will cost Rs 39,900. We will confirm the price once we get more updates.

Warsi is now talking about the Air View feature of the S pen aka the Stylus of the Samsung Galaxy Note II.

AirView is pretty a cool feature. What it does is that users can just hover the S Pen approximately 10mm over the surface of the device and then just preview emails, S Planner, image gallery, or video to preview without having to open it.

For those find touch-screens tough to handle, the AirView feature should be pretty helpful.

2.40 pm: ‘Not just bigger but thinner’

Samsung Vice-President India, Asim Warsi talking about how the smartphone is not just bigger but thinner. He’s talking about how the screen is much better thanks to AMOLED tech and that this is one of the best smartphones around.

Best is yet to be seen but it does have a really big screen.

2.30 pm Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is officially here

Director Imtiaz Ali is at the launch and the phone has been officially unveiled.

Ok currently Samsung has gone for some theatrics at the launch. While the song and dance sequence looks nice, what we’re really waiting for is the price of the Galaxy Note II in India. Will it be priced more than Rs 40,000 or less?

2.27 pm:

India is one of the first few markets where the Note II is being launched. Yay for that. B D Park, the President and CEO of Samsung South West Asia Operations and Managing Director, Samsung India Electronics Ltd is present at the launch.

Right now he’s talking about the S pen, the bigger screen and why Samsung went for it.

Samsung’s official event for the India launch of the Galaxy Note II will begin today at 2.30 pm in Hyderabad. The South-Korean firm had first revealed the oversized smartphone/phablet at the consumer electronics show IFA in Berlin in August.

We’ll be giving you live updates of the launch. It is being telecast live on the web. To check out the live webcast click here.

Samsung Shows Off More Of What The Note II Can Do, Including Its Awesome New Multi-Window Interface

Introducing GALAXY Note II VIDEO SAMSUNGmobile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOX3HYDwTCY

• Like 1

Good review on Note 2. S Voice is not that good and according to the reviewer, S Voice and TouchWiz are spoilers.

Read here

video...

Yesterday 2 of my friends got Galaxy Note. One got the original Note for 30K and the other got the new Note II for 37k. Handled Note 2 for a while. I feel the Note 2 is still too big for day to day usage after the initial euphoria waves off...

Yes I also feel so. It's big. 4 - 4.5 " screen is good

Sent from my iPhone

Agreed. Even though I prefer phone that can be used with single hand, I am somehow waiting for this (provided somebody from forum gets it).

For me, Note-II is looking much much better than OG Note.....

Ya... I always don't like OG Note, but Note2 is looking great...

For me the following are reasons for liking Note-2 over OG Note:-

0) No Pentile RGBG Matrix in Display

1) Note-2 looks like BIG phone, but OG Note looks like a small tablet (plz see the pic in prev page)

2) Standard Resolution and 16:9 display

3) Less wide than OG Note inspite of bigger display

4) Its as powerful INSIDE as its outside/SIZE (OG Note looks weak inside for its gigantic size)

5) Bunch of GREAT Stylus features (esp hovering)

6) Split Window multitasking

7) Bigger Battery (3100mAh vs 2500mAh)

8) Relatively slimmer

9) NFC

In short, (for me) OG Note is just a phone in the disguise of Tablet and Note2 is Tablet in disguise of phone...

• Like 2

Now I would like to get one ^^

^^^ dhirajbhai, count me also in... ;)

Now I would like to get one ^^

Wait! 4 Nexus devices are coming from LG, Samsung, HTC & Sony. Announcement is expected on Google's 29th October Android Event.

Screen-Shot-2012-10-18-at-11.22.24-AM1.png

• Like 1

^^^^^

Rajan ji... That rumored Galaxy_Nexus2 I9260 turned out to be just Galaxy_Premier and NOT a Nexus one... Samsung is said to be releasing 10.1" NexusTab in 2013 and I think that will be the ONLY part of Samsung in this Nexi program, imho..

The 5" 1080p screened HTC DLX also turned out to be Verizon one and may NOT be a Nexus one or simply there is not much infos to support it as Nexus device (except the on screen keys or it may be only LTE_Nexus as LG has just HSPA+ and NO LTE)...

Still now only LG Nexus4 is confirmed to be a new Nexus device... But it has small/non-removable battery (my GNexus battery su(ks, but its atleast removable) and said to be coming with ONLY 8GB memory and NO SD slot (Final version may have 16GB as GNexus -- Hope and nothing else)..

SONY ODIN may come as Nexus, but still rumors are NOT strong enough (only one photo released and that may be a Photoshop fake by an EXPERT)...

So for CDMA its GNote2 vs HTC DLX (5" 1080p)... Difference between 440ppi and 330dpi are NOT much for most human eyes, imho (GNote2 has 270 something ppi, but still better than 300+ppi Pentile of S3/GNexus)... Further it will strain the non-removable battery by HTC... So selecting 3100mAh removable battery equipped Note2 is NOT a bad choice for now, imho...

Ofcourse its anyway better to wait and watch... Chances are also there Google is much more successful in limiting the Nexus leak this time and comes with more devices and cater Nexus to every budget... But still then, GNote2 (with JB now) will never become a bad choice, imho...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Sony Odin has God like specs going by the leaks, truly Odin. Now only if it comes as nexus series it would be a hell of a phone. Waiting.

Please excuse typos and brevity, sent while mobile.

^^ but CDMA is the problem with Sony. It is manufacturing only GSM phones.

Watch Some Amazing Digital Painting Done With The S Pen On The Galaxy Note II (VIDEO)

Done by a real artist. Gérémy Arène, drawing a great portrait of a Volturi from Twilight within the span of 2.5 hours (fast-forwarded to a few minutes in the video below), just by working the S Pen magic on the Galaxy Note II.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saDGPsoLQ4I

When is Verizon note 2 coming?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Availability schedule for CDMA version of Note 2 for all US carriers is out now.

Sprint - 25th October

US Cellular - 26th October

Verizon - Pre-Order started now, Shipping from 27th November (Nov date looks wrong to me, it should be sooner.)

• Like 1

Call & Data are not simultaneously working on Note 2 and screen is little lagging compare to S3. check this video.

Galaxy Note II Samsung Official Hands - On Videos

Design, Performance & Display

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-V2Xt40kw4

Multitasking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L930NbUKgJY

Expression Tools (1)

Expression Tools (2)

More Smart Features

Edited by rajanmehta
  • Like 2

How to Unlock your Galaxy Note II and some Galaxy S III versions for Free >> http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2014982

You can unlock you N7105 via the Samsung hidden menu. [Also works with N7100 and some Galaxy S3 (SIII) variants

Thanks to Vinay (Genius) for informing through email! :)

Samsung seems to have a hidden menu in its Galaxy line, which allows you to carrier unlock your device for free, and appeared on an XDA-Devs thread submitted by user owl74.

It is confirmed working at least with the two most prominent members of the Galaxy family this year - the Galaxy S III (but only some versions), and the trendy Galaxy Note II.

Your phone has to be running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and above for the trick to work, though, and you can follow the steps below with the usual "do at your own risk" warning:

1. Enter the following into the dialler: *#197328640#

2. From the menu that appears choose

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy!!! There is no confirmation on the phone that the unlock was successfull.... just reboot your phone....

Read the thread for which S III versions were successfully unlocked with this hidden menu function of Samsung, and try it out with a SIM card from another carrier to confirm.

Users say the unlock is permanent and works even after full reset of your device, so you don't have to pony up for a carrier unlock, or use murky codes from eBay.

• Like 4