Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
digitalnirvana

Interest check: G-Box II Android TV Box running JellyBean

M waiting for the bulk rates :boxing:

Thanks

RIMweb rocks

Cheers!

Hey.. Does it have universal REMOTE like the the one with Amkette EVO TV.

I think universal remote is more useful as it will work with TV and DVD etc. and we will be needing only 1 remote.

Please clarify on this.

Amkette comes with rf remote controller which is not universal.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

But the website of evo tv describes the remote as UNIVERSAL REMOTE:

Universal Remote functions for standard TV control

http://evotv.amkette.com/tech-specs.php

Seems good then...

But my final target (if g-box is really good device) is to attach wireless kb/mouse to box n get a logitech universal remote which will work for every appliance.

does netflix work in india?

It doesn't

i am using netflix with vpn

Any idea if this will work with older TV's

Guys / Gurus

I am unable to mke up my mind, whether to go for it direct from ebay or call it through my SNS account or through icc or wait for for bulk price.

Secondly to go for GBox 1 or Gbox 2.

Please help me finalize it.

Thanks

There are two products GBox I and II. The only difference between the two is G Box II has 4 USB ports + component Y/Pb/Pr Output whereas GBox 1 has 2 USB+normal RCA video. Rest everything including hardware is same. Even the latest software/ROM update is same and works on both as mentioned here >> http://androidtvbox....tware-and-roms/

Any idea if this will work with older TV's

Yes, depending upon what type of video input your old TV has.

Got this reply

Excellent! Glad to hear that you're interested in our products on a larger scale.

>

> Our quantity discount begins at 5 pieces. We can arrange 5 pieces for you @ $77.25/pc and we can send you an invoice for the total amount when you're ready. Please send your shipping address so we can quote you the actual shipping cost (depending on the quantity you desire)

>

> thank you and have a great day.

Its hardly difference of few $$ which would be not worth aggregating the effort. N don't forget shipping charges within India to ship from one common place to each buyer which would be upwards 200/-.

Also don't forget surprises in custom duty which can go up if customs over value the shipment since it can become big in volume due to 5 pieces.

Further update:

Hello again,

>

>

> We can arrange 10 pieces for you at $75.50/pc. We would like to recommend the white G-Box I which has the same CPU/GPU/RAM/Storage as the G-Box II, we can provide this one qty. 10 for $71.90 saving about $4/pc. It has the same exact performance as the G-Box II, there is no difference. Even the software updates work on both G-Box I and G-Box II. Trying to save you some money :) , Please let us know if you have any questions.

>

> thank you and have a great day :)

I suggest people who are interested to go ahead and purchase on individual basis and ship via shop and ship etc. rather than taking risk of USPS. I will be doing the same when back at home with computer access. I am traveling for the next few days with limited internet access so unfortunately cannot coordinate a bulk purchase. Hitesh bhai if you can coordinate, or anyone else for that matter, then most welcome.

My order is already under process...

My device should be here by Friday.. I request everyone to have a bit patience n let my device come so i can review the quality n pros n cons. If at all I'm satisfied with the product, i can guide step by step process to order via icc. If by chance this is same as Chinese crap, i can mention the same n other fellow members can ignore n thus save some cash.

• Like 3

I have bought one too the G Box 1 total cost $92 + shopandship charges, please note prices have increased, the G Box II costs $107 now and instead of free USA shipping it is now $13 - guess it is Rimweb effect.

My order is already under process...

My device should be here by Friday.. I request everyone to have a bit patience n let my device come so i can review the quality n pros n cons. If at all I'm satisfied with the product, i can guide step by step process to order via icc. If by chance this is same as Chinese crap, i can mention the same n other fellow members can ignore n thus save some cash.

I have bought one too the G Box 1 total cost $92 + shopandship charges, please note prices have increased, the G Box II costs $107 now and instead of free USA shipping it is now $13 - guess it is Rimweb effect.

kindly post your reviews of the same.......

thanx

Dipan what's the status of ur box? Mine still not rechd new york

I received mine yesterday and with a wireless keyboard and mouse it simply rocks! Will post detailed review once I play with it some more. At the moment have added my Google account to it, synced all apps from play store and just learning the functions. One thing, my remote does not work :( but I was not going to use it anyway, so there. Overall it is an extremely useful device running android 4.1.

Please excuse typos and brevity, sent while mobile.

Congrats.... I'm still waiting..

Can u mention ur detailed costing?

(custom, shipping,etc:

Customs 1150 shipping 1132 total 2282 and box cost $92, remote not working thinking of ways to fix. :(

Please excuse typos and brevity, sent while mobile.

Plz post ur reviews

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Just got mine today.. Product is Chinese but not so bad...

Will do more keeda n post by weekend...

Just ordered Amkette wi-key for my GBOX from TIMTARA @ 1895/- after using 400 off Rs. 2000/- coupon TIM4.

Link : http://www.timtara.com/products/Amkette-Wi%252dKey-Touch-Wireless-Keyboard-With-Multi-Touchpad.html

Other alternative is Logitech's K400 @ 2120/- after 400 off with same coupon TIM4 which is again cheapest compared to ebay n all I have checked..

Link : http://www.timtara.com/products/Logitech-K400-Wireless-Keyboard.html

One more alternative is Lenovo N5901 @ 1975/- ( u can take benefit of ebay coupons as per your suitability)

Link : http://www.ebay.in/itm/Lenovo-N5901-Black-Mini-Wireless-Keyboard-Mouse-Combo-1year-warranty-bill-/160881915702?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item25754f3736#ht_691wt_1139

I preferred Amkette to Logitech as I am lefty & logitech's trackpad is on right side which would be uncomfortable... Lenovo seems to small...

^^^^^^

Be careful when purchasing on timtara.com, there are soo many bad news surrounding them reg their genuineness... Even four to five Rimweb members had problem while dealing with them...

Works very well when connected to Motorola Lapdock: