Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Verizon Galaxy Note II - GSM Unlock - Add APN Data - Remove Non-Verizon SIM Message

hey everyone,

i m confused with so many roms/root/jailbreak/bootloader n blah blah..

i want to Odin a 4.1.2 debloated and rooted stock rom on my Vzw N2!

if not debloated, pls guide to me update to 4.1.2 rooted rom and then list of apps to be freezed by Titanium Backup.

please help me out.. if possible make a walkthrough!

Thanks

P.s. : I am on 4.1.1 pure stock(no root)

Kshah ji, Javed ji and Dr. Faramroze ji

.. and all other ppl need your inputs, as i m getting less battery backup on wifi, have lot of battery drainage on Wifi!

Does Wifi Hotspot work on Verizon Note 2? Using with Reliance Ruim. It is supposed to work with cracked FoxFi. If someone has it kindly post here or some other solution that works.

Edit 1:

Please read the following agreement and refund policy below before purchasing FoxFi.This app unlocks the full version of FoxFi. You must still install and run the main FoxFi application.
FoxFi turns your phone into free WiFi or Bluetooth hotspot without rooting. It has some limitations:
1. Not all phones models or Android versions support WiFi mode. Please first install the free version and making sure it works. See http://foxfi.com/devices for compatibility.
2. We do not provide any warranty due to many things we can't control. Carriers have been finding ways to stop unpaid tether usage. Even if FoxFi works for you today, it may stop working in the future, for example after you install phone updates or replace your phone.
3. We have extended the refund period from Play Store's 15 minutes to 10 days. Please use the contact link in the order receipt email to request refunds. We won't be able to refund after 10 days, even if FoxFi stops working.
4. In worst scenarios, it is still better than paying $20/month for a tether plan. So if the WiFi Hotspot feature is important to you, avoid phone updates such as Jelly Bean.

Dhiraj ji, intentionally or un-intentiionally you have quoted a link to the full version of Apk, which I presume is not allowed in this forum

WIFI Hotspot works very well with reliance RUIM. The Verizon Hotspot setting will ask you to insert a Verizon SIM, but using a hotspot widget such as AntTek Quicksettings or Elixir2 Widgets quickly provides a robust connection! Even better than my MTS Mobile WIFI on EVDO Rev B!

Edited by Proton

WiFi hotspot without Foxfi on VZ N2 - by using ES Explorer Net Manager on - NON-rooted device.

1. My VZ N2 is non-rooted. And also it is NV based.

2. I was able to connect it to my laptop with Foxfi earlier. However, Foxfi Free don't work for large data transfer. It says maximum limit of day reached & was keep on cutting connection.

3. I have managed a successful wifi hotspot connection by using ES Explorer Net Manager.

4. In the settings itself you get the option to create a wife hotspot. Click cancel when presented with cancel / retry button.

5. Your wifi hotspot will be set just like in case of Foxfi it happens.

6. Normal setting is random ssid / password, which will keep on changing every new session. Hence, go for permanent / custom AP details in settings.

7. For connectivity - I have checked only for Airdroid & not for internet data (as I am facing some data problem in N2, so can't check internet). But, mostly it should work.

Status as on 10th April 2014.

7a. Checked for data (from 2nd April 2014) & it is working like a charm.. Now, I have removed FoxFi from phone..

8. Attached are two screenshots from computer / phone.

9. If anyone, tries, this please, post experience & maybe a benefits/limitations with respect to foxfi. This can be tried for S3 also, in case S3 users have the similar problem.

post-5509-0-98136800-1395287251_thumb.pn

post-5509-0-31151400-1395287292_thumb.jp

Edited by silent_god
  • Like 1

How to start OMH data on Verizon Note2

on 4.4.2

I am having trouble sending SMS. Contacts are stored in +91 format.
Whenever I send SMS via +919XXXX format. It doesn't get thru.

But if i change it to 09XXXX. It works.

Is there something i can do or i need to change my contacts?

You'll have to convert them to 00 in place of + based format.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Hello

I own a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 runs on 4.1.2.

I want to upgrade it to Kitkat 4.4.2 but have heard that RUIM Data doesn't work with normal Reliance RUIM on it. Only RGE RUIM works well for data. But phone need some kind of programming.

Can anyone advise how can I program it to use RGE SIM with Data working on Kitkat 4.4.2 ?

Edited by Rahul11

I request Rajan to Remove IOT menu ! just messing with it will put Death Nail to you NOTE2 - Want to try ? Just Press RTN or just mess with 1x Engineering menus ;)

there few more problem in GSM Band in India general guy can not do it, i have helped many guy on Verizon S3 its not for general layman though

Do you have any solution for VZ lg g3 and g2, I have both phones working with GSM call and data but with Reliance cdma sim only voice no data, The both cdma reliance OMH gives data on Sprint LG tribute and tribute 2. kindly help to with APN setting for reliance...

Thanks