Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sundar

Incoming MMS on LG 6130

I wrote this email to Reliance some days back:

have purchased a LG RD 6130 a few days back. Earlier i could send and receive emails from the phone (thru MMS) on the address 91xxxxxxx(My number)xxx@mms.ricmail.com. My RIM Mobile No. is 093xxxxxxxxx.

However since some days i have been attempting to send email to the phone from various email addresses and cannot receive it on the phone. However i am still able to send email from the phone.

Kindly look into the problem and reply here as soon as practicable.

Regards,

Neil.

Dear Mr. Neil,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Reliance Customer Care and allowing us to address your needs.

With reference to your mail regarding inability to send Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) from e-mail to your LG RD6130 handset, we regret to inform you that this facility is not available now.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter and we look forward to an opportunity to assist you again.

For further details, you can visit our web-site www.relianceinfo.com or write to us at customercare@relianceinfo.com or fax us at 3033 6565. You can also call Reliance Customer Care at 3033 3333 or by dialling *333 from your Reliance IndiaMobile.

Yours sincerely,

Thank you dear Chirag for this site.

Mohan Ramnath

Did u'll try sending MMS from the MMS Website? It does go thru for me along wid Ringtone/Wallpaper. It might jus be charged, am not sure!

29807[/snapback]

Which MMS site Chirag??? ;):blink::blink:

Pleaz elaborate!!!!!! :clap:

29830[/snapback]

Hi Friends

I am not able to send any MMS to my phone lately via e mail. Is any of u also experiencing this problem, actually I want to find out is this the problem with the server?

Iam not able to log og to the MMS portal. When I am trying to do so it is giving me the error "you have not subscribed to use this feature" how can I use the feature?

please help!

Hi Friends

I am not able to send any MMS to my phone lately via e mail. Is any of u also experiencing this problem, actually I want to find out is this the problem with the server?

30462[/snapback]

I was able to send ringtones via MMS without any problem or delay yesterday. If you are experiencing any problems, just try later. Afterall its not an official way of sending free MMS ringtones B)

Hi Friends

30462[/snapback]

I was able to send ringtones via MMS without any problem or delay yesterday. If you are experiencing any problems, just try later. Afterall its not an official way of sending free MMS ringtones ;)

30477[/snapback]

Well it is official now guys!!! The MMS portal doesn't allow to send MMS anymore. I logged in using different mobile nos. today and it says you are not subscribed to this service. So there, bye bye to all the original ringtones and wallpapers.

Well it is official now guys!!! The MMS portal doesn't allow to send MMS anymore. I logged in using different mobile nos. today and it says you are not subscribed to this service. So there, bye bye to all the original ringtones and wallpapers.

30552[/snapback]

Hey, it's again started working today!

Although yesterday it was'nt working for my mobile no.

Hi ALL :clap:

I am using LG RD 6130 piece...I just want my own image on my phone (wall paper)...I have no data cable.....and my LG 6130 camera quality is poor...So please suggest me how can I get my own image on my Piece..

Is this process available:

Uploading my own good quality picture to R-World by using internet.

And........

downloading that picture form R-World by R-world from my piece

Or any other else process....Please suggset me...

Thank you ALL :( Waiting.....for your :clap:

somehow get ur snap on the computer. Make sure it is below 100kilobytes. And then goto this MMS Site of RIM

http://bill.relianceinfo.com/webapp/portal/servlet/MMSLogin

And compose an MMS for ur own phone, attach the ringtone or wallpaper and send it to ur own number! U r done then! Jus to let u know, this service is "probably" charged at Rs. 3/ MMS . We have got no confirmation on this yet.

hey ppl.......

i am able to rcve mms on my phone lg rd6130.... frm mail......

i send my mail to 9193xxxxxxxx@rmms.ricmail.com

plzz note... itz @rmms and NOT @mms

jus try it.. coz i have whole lot of new ringtones and wallpapers.. and i have no idea if i am getting charged for it... jus waiting for my bill to come......fingers crossd !!

c ya... jus let me knw if itz working!!!!!!!!1

the ringtone formats for 6130 is midi format... dat is .mid

lots of ringtones r available...... on da net....

and the wallpaper shud be in .png format........ less than 100kb....n the length n width shd be proper !!.....

awesome find man works for me too.... hopefullly we shud not be charged for this since we are not using their portal

Didn't work for me...

To:  <chiragdedhia@rediffmail.com>

Subject:  Undeliverable Mail 

Date:  Tue, 03 May 2005 23:15:19 IST

Unknown user: 9193xxxxxxx@rmms.ricmail.com

RCPT TO generated following response:

550 relaying mail to rmms.ricmail.com is not allowed

Original message follows.

Received: from rediffmail.com [202.138.96.6]by smtpin.rilinfo.net

(SMTPD32-8.13) id A84825DB00EA; Tue, 03 May 2005 23:13:36 +0530

Received: (qmail 2669 invoked by uid 510); 3 May 2005 17:45:02 -0000

Date: 3 May 2005 17:45:02 -0000

Message-ID: <20050503174502.2668.qmail@webmail26.rediffmail.com>

Didn't work for me...

same here. doesnt work with SMTP server either

the MMS does not open using it

i just sent myself another tone-baby laugh rite now and it still works for me... dunno wats the prob at ur end...

also how many mms can be saved in the inbox of 6130

i dunno y it is not working for some ppl...... btw.. i use outlook express and an smtp server.... i havent tried sendin frm yahoo/hotmail etc.... will let u ppl knw if it works frm yahoo or hotmail......

btw.. u can store 6 mms in the inbox..... save 5 images n 5 ringtones in MY MEDIA folder in lg rd6130....... njoy neo !!

i just sent myself another tone-baby laugh  rite now and it still works for me... dunno wats the prob at ur end...

also how many mms can be saved in the inbox of 6130

31023[/snapback]

hey Neo, you mentioned "baby laugh" ringtone, is it a voice ringtone? If yes, pl post it here.

And..Prash, only 5 and not 6 mms could be stored in the inbox of 6130.

Edited by amtrag

here u go guys this ringtone very much like a voice tone is in mid format and it works on my 6130...

31079[/snapback]

Thanks Neo.

And guys guess what??? This baby ringtone is a wave file and I have saved it as a ringtone!

So a new discovery, 6130 does support voice ringtones and that too in .wav format. So we need not worry about converting mp3's to midi...instead just convert any song to wav and hear the song play as a ringtone.

Do check in your handsets.

Edited by amtrag

hey i knew abt this when i got the phone since my friend told me abt it... frankly i didnt know that u guys weren't aware of this... hehe sorry i did not mention it earlier..

anyways i have put quite a few wav files as ringtones..

cheers