Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rahujas

Unable to use internet on my Reliance CDMA prepaid SIM

HI friends,

I am facing a peculiar problem,

I am unable to use internet on my reliance cdma prepaid no. 9312411760.

I have given number of complaints to customer care but of no use. They are unable to solve my problem.

Whenever i try to connect to internet using my phone as a modem and using my phone no. "9312411760" as username and pwd it gives me authentication error.

And when i use my other reliance cdma number sim in the same phone and using the same process giving that mdn in username and pwd its gets connected easily.

I have tied this using data card also.

The problem is specifically for this phone no. 9312411760. There is sufficient balance and also i have recharged with Rs.94 voucher that gives 1gb of internet/data per month and its getting wasted.

I have also tried connecting using "net" as user name and password but same result: "An authentication event has occurred"

This happens both in Broadband mode as well as 1x mode.

Please help in solving my problem as soon as possible.

• Like 1

at least 1x works by default in cdma.

You should write to reliance CC or visit a webworld.

I am sure you have talked to CC, they are never helpful.

@tapatalk/MOTO-XPRT

Me too have same problem, i visited the WebWorld more than 20 times, they said every thing is ok from their side, they transfer my No to new SIM, even after i am not getting data.

Dear rahujas, If you are using R-UIM then you can ask them to change your SIM. Get a new one and everything should work fine. If you are using OTA then register and configure your MEID to support EVDO and you are good to go.

I was on a registered meid handset earlier but now due to this internet problem i got a SIM made for my no. but the problem is still there.

The webworld people as well as the customer care is of no help.

If here in this forum anyone can help...?

May be.

have you registered your new UIM/number by calling *228?

I remember I had to do this each time WW replaced my old rcdma UIMs with OMH UIMs.

@tapatalk/MOTO-XPRT

• Like 1

^^^^^ Yes... After doing *228 then only my number started on my Sim.

I think its some configuration problem only at reliance side for your number.

only a knowledgeable person in reliance can help you.

@tapatalk/MOTO-XPRT

the best solution is to buy an new prepaid sim and use internet in it :Riendo:

it working in data card ?

and which phone u r using ?

Edited by shripalkawdia

I just recharged STV94 on my old no. Let'me check and will update you!

:nerves: :nerves: My problem is still not resolved.

Same error message " an authentication event has occurred" i am getting every time is try to connect to internet using my sim.

1 strange thing happened that i got a call from a reliance official with number: 022-30326200/ 022-30388366, he said that he has read my complaint here on rimweb.in and is willing to help me and then he took some details and said that the matter has been escalated and my problem will be solved.

I asked him specifically that do they follow this forum and he said yes.

Loving this forum.

I hope my problem gets solved.

• Like 4

Me too facing same problem in my new number that was bought few days back. Got pissed off after calling their helpline that ask to call a different number everytime. Till now i have called up *333, 198 & *355 without any help.

I also in past could not access the Internet. Best things is go to pgportal.gov.in and complain there you will get sure solution if you got the official handset from Reliance.

Were you finally able to solve this issue Deepak? I am facing exactly the same issue and would appreciate if you can share the solution (if any).

Mine was a dealer number and faced a similar prob.

After retaining the MDN to new RUIM, the HSA never got transferred / activated on new RUIM.

Our top most Gurus Hetal Patel & Amit jain i know can turn tables when it comes to cdma and especially Reliance, however in my case even they couldn't do much because god knows what blunders they've (Reliance) made in their systems. :bash:

I was advised to convert my number from prepaid to postpaid, even after doing so nothing happened to work.

The worst thing is I never registered my number as Dealer number (Lafu / recharge sim) and ww said there is no way till date to de-register from Dealer mapping. :ranting:

Finally I ported my number to Tata docomo CDMA. Even after porting to tata, I get reliance promotional msgs. :boxing::boxing:

My Friend also facing same problem change sim more than 2 times.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

umm.., whats a dealer number?

@tapatalk/MOTO-XPRT

^ its for Activation the newer MDNs and/or e-recharge, where dealer gets benefit directly on his MDN # in terms of revenue.. be it OTAF commission or recharge commission

• Like 1

I have exactly the same problem as described in the OP - not able to use data/internet (even 1x mode) on a specific Reliance CDMA prepaid OMH SIM (can use other numbers SIM just fine) and have been running from pillar to post (read CC to RW) but to no avail.

Have now finally sent an email to Reliance Delhi appellate authority and PGPORTAL. Lets see how this pans out, will keep you guys updated of the progress. In the meanwhile, any help regarding the solution of this issue is appreciated.

I am facing the same problem for a year now. I have changed by sim card twice asking for Diamond OMH card. Number remained the same.

I have a Samsung Y i509 CDMA handset.

However if I change the sim with my colleague's sim (checked with 3 different simcards) then internet works.

I also have a monthly 1GB plan for Rs 125/- that I am paying but cannot use.

I have made upteenth visits to Reliance world stores but they are clueless.

Quality of Customer service is pathetic.

What are my options......?

Any solution....? appreciate speedy resolution if possible.

@ GTX470: I will keep this thread updated with any developments. Really frustrating to see Reliance not taking proper care of paying customers...

I might port out (as the last resort) if this issue is not resolved.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 1:

24/08/2013, 16:45 - Received a generic email from email customer care requesting some information I had already included in my initial email, sent info again as requested - waiting to hear from them since.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: 2

26/08/2013, 17:34 - I received a call from 022-30326200 just now and the person on other end has assured to escalate this issue to the technical team (the caller gave reference to my complaint at PGPORTAL). Keeping my fingers crossed.

Edited by puneet_si

The issue is still there.

The issue is still there.

That's very disappointing and sad to know! Now I have slim hope of getting my issue resolved...

Edited by puneet_si

Have asked them to disable HSD and AAA authentication. Once done .. try to connect on 1x .. If then 1x connects ask them to provision HSD and AAA authentication once again.

Please ignore if you have already done :)