Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sanay

Nokia 3125 Launched

Yes. I have had one for about 5 days. It is superb, with R World Operational. I also have a 3120 (GSM) and the interface has been improved.

If you want to install R Connect you do not have to look for the CA-42 as is recommended by Reliance. The good old DKU5 (incl. the clones which can be identified by the Uniserca Serial Bus on the box) will work. What I did was the following:

Download the latest Prolific 2303 driver (say from www.prolific.com or www.usb-drivers.com), Nokia PC Suite 6.5 GSM version (I find this with my 3120 and 3125 equally well, while I was unable to get the CDMA one to go!) and the Reliance RConnect (for the Nokia USB systems).

Now connect the cable to the PC (no phone at this point) and when prompted point the installer to the .inf file in the driver. This is much better than the DKU5_1 files with the cables. Only run DKU5_2 from the CD. Next install the Nokia PC Suite. You can connect the phone at this point.

In order to install and run RConnect you must release the Phone from the Nokia suite by using the connection manager to disable the link to the phone. Then Install RConnect and you should be in business.

I was able to run the 3120, 3125 and the 3220 during the same session. You just disconnect the Prolific Cable and allow the PC to find the disconnection. Then reconnect the cable and (a differenmt phone!). You should get the notification and then the suite works. I was able to transfer the phone book from the 3120 to the 3125 and save a lot of hassle.

Hope this helps.

I still have the 3125! Got it only a week ago after dumping my LG5130. It has R World as well.

Replacing the LG 5130 by the Nokia 3125. Yes definitely. That is exactly what I did. The user interface was really bad on the 5130. The data cable did not work (I tried three different cables on two different phones with zero results). Reliance do not have a data cable for the 5130. On the 3125 forget the CA42. I have an old DKU-5 (chinese clone for Rs.4xx). Installed it and it works beautifully. Avoid the CD which comes with the cable, as often these are bad Please follow my post on how to make it work. The PC Suite is also very much improved. I have the 3125 as well as the 3120 and 3220 GSM phones working beautifully and transferring data across from one to the other.

Is nokia 3125 Support voice ringtone such as AMR or WAV ringtones.

for 3125 after installing dku-5 and pc suite i get the message on phone" enhancement not supported " after connecting. i cant connect the phone to pc and for rconnect too. please help

for 3125 after installing dku-5 and pc suite i get the message on phone" enhancement not supported " after connecting. i cant connect the phone to pc and for rconnect too. please help

36438[/snapback]

bhaiya laakh pate ki baat 1 baat mein kyaa usmein bhi hum mail se ringtone download kar sakte hain ......

aur haan brother if u need camera then go for 6130else 3125

its good choice @ 5500/-

desijallad neversleeps--------------------<(

not able to connect phone with dku 5 cable

connected it via pc suite

handset says enhancement not supported

have a nokia 3125 handset

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

ive seen a voice recorder and an option to set the recorded voice as ringtone. so it does support "Voice ringtones"

Nokia 3205 has more features than this.....It has Radio, camera and a flash light. Why would any body would go for 4K colours to watch downloaded videos. I think Nokia is getting rid of all the 4 K screens they produced by making handsets like these and selling to Reliance.

Hi,

Not sure if this has been discussed under any other topic, but I am facing this problem while trying to connect my handset Nokia 3125 using DKU5 cable. I bought the phone last week. I have doubts on the cable though, which I bought from ebay.

I read on one of the other forums that this could be a Prolific cable instead of a DKU5! Has anyone else faced this problem? ANy ideas about what could be done?

Please help!

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Dear friend if anyone going to buy 3105 or 3125 just hold on for two days as rates for both sets are slashed but no details are reached to me till now.

Edited by Pankaj Verma

thanks i am planning an additional reliance connection and was debating between nokia 3125 and 6130 Lg

DOes it support AMR format ringtones.

33484[/snapback]

No it does not support AMR or MP3 Ringtones. Only Midi files.

Or LG, even LG has got out competable range of features....

cheers

Ashok

do Nokia 3125 have the feature of storing multiple numbers per single entry as in the case of lg sets?