Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
n_iceman

Samsung Galaxy S IV - The Next Big Thing!

But iphone models don't range from 5,000 to 50,000 like samsung.

Range is different in iPhones 10000 to 60000 (cheapest is iPhone3GS sold by Aircel), but story is same. Further 5k model of Sammy is least confusing with its 50k model, same holds true for iPhone.

Nor do the chinese clones look identical to iphone or bb

Looks like you have not seen better clones of iPhones. Reg BB, chinese people try their best to make clones for popular models only and so less number of clones for BB phones, imho. But still there are many BB clones exists, but NOT as much as iPhone or Sammy.

and they don't run the same OS.

When talking about flaunting, OS is irrelevant imho... But UI is relevant... Clones of iPhones, BB also carries the almost same look and feel of iPhone and BB (same applies to Samsung clones too)...

surprisingly note 2 verizon and HTC DNA is not on offer on RIMweb but a few reputed sellers have it for sale privately.

May be price is the reason, I can guess.

=====================================================

ON-TOPIC:-

Earlier Snapdragon-S4 has lte modem built-in and so Sammy used quad-Exynos in rest of world and Dual-Krait in US models of S3... But, I heard that Snapdragon600 has no inbuilt modem (not even 2G/3G, let alone lte) like ExynosOcta... But still now Samsung is using snap-600 in US-S4??? There is a rumor that due to soo many patents possessed by Qualcomm (valid in US) and royalty involved is the reason.

Looks like only 3-Idiots climax (as seen in Tamil version) is the only place where patents are looking non-evil to me...

• Like 1

SPOTTED: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190

The Galaxy S4 mini is expected to be launched during summer in June / July. The device will have a 4.3″ Super AMOLED qHD display with a pixel density of 256ppi a 1.6GHz Dual-Core CPU and based on TW Nature UX 2.0 running on Android 4.2.2. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini comes in a dual-sim variant as well, making it available in two variants. Below are some pictures of the Galaxy S4 Mini. You will notice the device itself looks a lot like the Galaxy S4.

I91901.jpg

I91905.jpg
  • Like 2

I remember the days during S2 launch, when people complained 4.3" is too big to be convenient.. Today, it is the size of MINI phone...

• Like 3

I remember the days during S2 launch, when people complained 4.3" is too big to be convenient.. Today, it is the size of MINI phone...

Hahahaha i quite agree and was thinking for the same, where from 3.8" to 4.3" is taken over by mini phones and regular ones are growing up sizes bigger.lol

Verizon CDMA Version of Galaxy S4 will also include GSM capability as per FCC Documents filed by Samsung.

2u77ern.png
  • Like 2

js0l92.png

1.6 is octa core not quad core right?

1.9 is quad core if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

To answer your question directly, yeah, this seems to the Samsung Exynos octa, not Snapdragon 600 quad.

1.6GHz Cortex-A15 quad-core is half of the Exynos octa core chipset - I think they missed out the Cortex-A7 quad-core (Exynos octa core is quad-core Cortex-A15+ quad-core Cortex-A7, only one set could be running at a time)

So who all are suppose to buy this handset...

Launch date is 18 th April to 22 nd April...

And price is from 40 k to 44 k....

I am thinking to buy one after a wait of one month to read all reviews and to look if Octa core is really worth it or not....

Samsung is taking way you long to launch...

Online reports suggest S4 will be available in india by 25th April at an approx. price of Rs 39,000.

Galaxy S4 models (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and U.S. Cellular) listed on Samsung’s website

http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s4-models-verizon-att-sprint-t-mobile-u-s-cellular-samsung-website-191624/

26th off this month the 1000 odd sets to be given only for Bangalore in Karnataka to pre booked customers. Launch on 26th in Gurgaon.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Launched in India For Rs 41,500 With Exynos Octa 8 Core Processor

After what seems like an eternity for many, Samsung finally launched the Galaxy S 4 in India today. The flagship phone will be available for Rs 41,500 at Samsung’s eStore today followed by select retail stores across the country tomorrow.

Talking of the processor, unlike the US version which is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset, the Indian version is powered by a 1.9GHz 8-core Exynos Octa 5 CPU and 2GB of RAM.

With the launch of the Galaxy S4, Samsung has strayed from the norm where it used to have pre-orders and an exclusive window period for its exclusive Samsung stores. You can head over to Samsung’s eStore or visit Reliance Digital tomorrow to buy the phone. Samsung also promised that other retail stores across the country will start selling the flagship device over the weekend.
  • Like 1

Ranjan bhai it's 1.6 not 1.9

e5ypeguh.jpg

Edited by Vinod Nayak

The phone which is launched is International Version which is Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7....

It's available at ebay @ Rs. 40,749 after discount coupons;

HDFC

Credit Card 7.5% Off! Use Coupon Code:HDFCEBAYC7
Debit Card 7.5% Off! Use Coupon Code:HDFCEBAYD7
Net Banking 7.5% Off! Use Coupon Code:HDFCEBAYN7

ICICI

Credit Card 7.5% Off! Use Coupon Code:CCICICI013
Debit Card 7.5% Off! Use Coupon Code:DCICICI013
Net Banking 7.5% Off! Use Coupon Code:NBICICI013

all the coupons have maximum discount of Rs.750

Edited by sougatadc
  • Like 1

Dual-SIM Samsung Galaxy S4 Goes Official, Exynos 5 Octa in Tow

big.jpg

We’ve known that there will be a dual-SIM version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 since before the smartphone was even official. Now Samsung has officially unveiled the I9502 Galaxy S4 with two SIM slots.

It has almost the exact same specs as the I9500, the Exynos 5 Octa version of the Galaxy S4. That means the same 5" 1080p Super AMOLED screen, 13MP main camera, Android 4.2 with TouchWiz magic and even the same dimensions (the I9502 is 2 grams heavier, but we doubt anyone will notice).

The Samsung I9502 Galaxy S4 is for China only for now, it’s not clear if the company will launch this model worldwide.
  • Like 3

Its gonna have 2 processors 1.6ghz Quad core + 1.2ghz quad core. And that's how Samsung's says its octa core.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Vodafone India Launches ‘ALL-IN-ONE’ Plan for Samsung Galaxy S4!!

Vodafone India has come up with exclusive plan for those who are planning to buy to newly launched Samsung Galaxy S4. The ‘All-In-One’ tariff plan, for both post-paid and pre-paid customers offers voice, data as well as SMS benefits for Galaxy S4 owners.

For a single rental of Rs 1199, post-paid customers will get Unlimited Internet (3GB allowance), 3000 local and STD voice minutes and 750 local and national SMS. They will also get Missed Call Intimation service free for one year with this plan. This exclusive post-paid plan will help customers save over Rs 1000 per month. So, now customers can talk, surf and SMS all they want on their Galaxy S4, while saving over Rs 12,000 per year.
The Prepaid plan comes with two recharge options. Recharge of Rs 678 with validity of 30 days offers Unlimited Internet (1GB allowance), 1000 local and STD voice minutes and 500 local and national SMS. Recharge of Rs 345 with validity of 15 days offers Unlimited Internet (512MB allowance), 500 local and STD voice minutes and 250 local and national SMS.
For both post-paid and pre-paid plans, Samsung Galaxy S4 customers will not be charged for Internet usage over the allowance as per the chosen plan, however speed will be reduced to 64kbps. After consumption of free units, voice calls will be charged at Rs. 0.30/0.50/0.50 for Local mobile/STD mobile/All landlines. Local and National SMS will be charged at Rs. 0.50/SMS post the free allowance. Standard charges apply for roaming, ISD calls and other value added services.

http://telecomtalk.info/vodafone-india-all-in-one-plan-samsung-s/105996/

Source from Telecom Talk... Don't know how to link the site... If anybody can help it would be a pleasure..

The tariff plan is as dirty and polluted like their (Vodafone) mind...<br /><br /><br /><br />Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Yesterday I got a change to play with S4 for sometime at Reliance Digital. The phone is light and good to hold. The display is crisp and bright. The front and rare cameras are good and like the metal rim. I could not test certain new features, may be I didn't how to use. IMHO I don't think it is worth the price at 41,500/-

Dejavu (On launch of S3), what is worth that money?