Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
josh596007

Motorola Droid Razr M (Global)

Would appreciate, if someone could help me on this.

Got a Droid RAZR M from the US. Tried it with a Brand New Reliance OMH SIM card. Getting signal bars, but unable to call or get data.

Am i missing something here? Do i need to contact Reliance to activate the SIM?

Got a Droid RAZR M from the US. Tried it with a Brand New Reliance OMH SIM card. Getting signal bars, but unable to call or get data.

Check if sim is active it not.. New sim needs to be verified 1st before you can call... Check sim in other handset.. Razr m is pretty neat device.. No extra settings are needed.. Just pop your sim n go ahead..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Is your RazrM is on JB 4.3?

I upgraded it to 4.3 and found it's robbing off data from OMH RUIM, albeit I was getting voice signal.

Downgrading to stock 4.2.2 is giving 1X data, no EVDO.

Sticking to ICS is better, it allows EVDO with our RUIMs.

No. It`s 4.1.2

I am on JB 4.1.2 evdo work smooth

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Network coverage is batter in xt901 compare to xt907. I have both handsets with me.

Check if sim is active it not.. New sim needs to be verified 1st before you can call... Check sim in other handset.. Razr m is pretty neat device.. No extra settings are needed.. Just pop your sim n go ahead..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Hey Thanks.

It seems the SIM was not activated. Guys at Reliance Webworld did the *228 activation from another handset. Everything is working now. Both Voice and Data.

But, Only getting 1X. Should you need to contact Reliance to activate EVDO on this SIM? If so, How do i do that?

I am using Verizon Razr M for my GSM connection. Verizon has blocked Call Forwarding outside its network. I am using this as it is bought condition from Parin. Android versin is 4.1.2 and System version is 98.18.78.XT907.Verizon.en.US

Will Rooting the phone help me able to do Call Forwarding?

yes, it surly do help

^

Thanks will try rooting

Which root method you done please Reply.

My phone has been rooted. Now I need to find the programs Verizon has installed to deny call forwarding.

Any idea guys?

I am enjoying the cdma ( omh ruim based ) as well as gsm sim based motorola droid razr m for all aspects, except for the fact that I am not able to tehter either in gsm as well as cdma mode.

How can the same be acheived ?

Kindly guide.

This is in reply to a PM from Vikash & also his post (quoted above). Am sharing this process here in case anyone benefits from it. Using the following method I have successfully activated tethering on the Electrify M. Hope it helps for the Razr M too.

Firstly for rooting use the following process. Its dead easy:-

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/15208-root-motochopper-yet-another-android-root-exploit-412/

Then use Titanium to firstly backup all the apps. In the case of the Electrify M, there was a certain app called Synchronoss TEDC which was blocking the tethering. Maybe in Razr M there is a different app which blocks the tethering. So, using Titanium I froze the TEDC app. Rebooted the phone & tethering was working perfectly even with the stock tethering app. With my Evdo connection I could get 1.2 Mbps tethering speeds on my laptop.

Do post here if anyone has success with this for the Razr M tethering. Thanks!

How to find the list of Apps that are installed by Verizon, which block Wifi tethering, Call forwarding etc. in Razr M?

google for verizon blot list for razr m

also you may have to edit some system files (currently I have no idea about which one)

Edited by ::Hitesh::

for M, with sqlite >

The path will be "data/user/0/com.motorola.android.providers.settings/databases"

So select data > user > 0 > com.motorola.android.providers.settings > databases > settings.db > settings

After selecting settings a list will pop up. You can do one of two things. Tap the magnifying glass and type "entitlement_check" and search for that, or scroll down to line 68 (yours may be a different line) and select it.

Tap the pencil icon.

You will see a new screen that has _id "auto", name "entitlement_check", and value "1". Change the "1" to a "0".

Hit save.

You should now be able to use the stock VZW hotspot app.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1981625

By following the above procedure, I have activated the Wifi Hotspot. Thanks Nitink :signthankspin:

also you may have to edit some system files (currently I have no idea about which one)

Thanks, I hv frozen many of the unwanted apps.

But still I hv not found solution for Call forwarding. Verizon has done some programming to block call forwarding outside its network. Like wifi hotspot there must be some procedure to correct it. Can anyone help me in this? :unsurehelp:

can u dial *302 ?

if yes then try *301xxxxxxxxxx

x= your other number

*302 is for cancel forward

Thanks, I hv frozen many of the unwanted apps.

But still I hv not found solution for Call forwarding. Verizon has done some programming to block call forwarding outside its network. Like wifi hotspot there must be some procedure to correct it. Can anyone help me in this? :unsurehelp:

also for wifi tether use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foxfi&hl=en

WiFi mode now supported for Verizon phones with Jelly Beans: Droid Razr, Razr Maxx,Razr Maxx HD,Razr M,Droid 4,HTC DNA, Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, Note II or Nexus.

Edited by ::Hitesh::

^

I am using the Razr M for my GSM connection.

I can take my sim out and do the call forwarding. But still I face a problem. For immediate call forward, there is no problem. But calls do not get forwarded for Busy option. Only in this phone I am facing this problem due to this Verizon blocking

^^^

which gsm provider ?

^^^

Airtel - TamilNadu

have u tried this ?

To Divert All Calls:

To Activate Dial **21**Number# And Press Call Button.
To Cancel Dial ##21# And Press Call Button.
To Check Status Dial *#21# And Press Call Button.

To Divert If Unreachable:

To Activate Dial **62**Number# And Press Call Button.
To Cancel Dial ##62# And Press Call Button.
To Check Status Dial *#62# And Press Call Button.

To Divert If Busy:

To Activate Dial **67**Number# And Press Call Button.
To Cancel Dial ##67# And Press Call Button.
To Check Status Dial *#67# And Press Call Button.

To Divert If Not Answered:

To Activate Dial **61**Number# And Press Call Button.
To Cancel Dial ##61# And Press Call Button.
To Check Status Dial *#61# And Press Call Button.

To Cancel All Diverted Calls Dial ##002# And Press Call Button.

Note: When You Put Number Then It Must Have Country Code.

i.e. If Indian Number Then Add +91 Before Number.

Example- For Divert All Calls Then Dial, **21**+919021185143#

^^^

If I try the above, I immediately get the message 'Call forwarding disabled outside the Verizon Wireless network'.

The worst problem now I face is, I have activated Missed call Alert in my number. I used to get MCA for both not reachable and Busy calls. Now I am getting MCA only for not reachable calls. For busy calls I do not get MCA and the worst part is, when my phone is busy the caller hears 'This number doesnot exist, Please check the number you have dialled'. What happens here is when my phone is busy and some one else calls, the calls try to get diverted to MCA number of Airtel. But since this phone blocks it this confusion.

If I take my sim out and use it in some other phone, none of the above problem exist. I receive MCA immediately even for busy calls and the callers hear that my phone is busy.

So this phone is not allowing call forwarding. Just I want to correct this. Thanks for your extraordinary support. Hope we find a solution soon.

Also each time when I switch on my mobile there's a system message like "SIM card from unknown source", but then you tap OK, it starts to work normally.