Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Hey Guys!!

I'm a newbie here.

I got BSNL WiMAX connection last month. I had asked the concerned SDO for 1GB plan as I wanted to check whether speed is okay in my locality or not. Now since I'm satisfied, I want to upgrade to unlimited postpaid plan (Rs 750/month). I couldn't find any website/portal where I can register my connection and upgrade my plan. Also, I couldn't find any portal where I can check my data log.

Someone please tell how can I register my account and upgrade to the unlimited plan.

I would be really thankful :)

:previous: You will have to apply it at the BSNL Customer Care/office in your city/town.
  • Like 1

:previous: You will have to apply it at the BSNL Customer Care/office in your city/town.

Thanks Sir!

Actually, I've been visiting local BSNL office (I'm in a small town) for a few days now. I'vnt been able to meet the concerned person. Seems like he's always on the field duty :)

So if I go to a nearby city office and ask them will they be able to do it? Also, approximate how much time will it take to upgrade?

One more query, where is the WiMAX bill generated, at local office or head office?

Actually, I've been visiting local BSNL office (I'm in a small town) for a few days now. I'vnt been able to meet the concerned person. Seems like he's always on the field duty :)

Some things will never change with BSNL, ain't it?

So if I go to a nearby city office and ask them will they be able to do it? Also, approximate how much time will it take to upgrade?

Yes, not sure how much time they need.

One more query, where is the WiMAX bill generated, at local office or head office?

Should be at head office

• Like 1

Can you scan the copy of the wimax bill and send me via Pm or post here by hide your number address and personal details.

I want to know that is there any disconnection date if we didnt pay the bill?

I haven't got the October printed bill till today. I made an online payment. Not sure what info you wanted see in my bill.

Can you scan the copy of the wimax bill and send me via Pm or post here by hide your number address and personal details.

I haven't got the October printed bill till today. I made an online payment. Not sure what info you wanted see in my bill.

Where can we pay the bill(for BSNL WiMAX) online? I have searched quite exhaustively, but couldn't find any working portal.

Also, is there any portal where I can create my account and check my data usage and other stuff?

Where can we pay the bill(for BSNL WiMAX) online? I have searched quite exhaustively, but couldn't find any working portal.

Also, is there any portal where I can create my account and check my data usage and other stuff?

Chk this site : http://www.wimax.bsnl.in/

The above portal is only for few BSNL circles. ( where BSNL has tie-up with a company called Somanet) . This portal is not for BSNL Kerala Wimax customers.

I am getting my printed bill along with my other land line bill. Here in BSNL Ernakulam SSA , we have one online bill presentation & payment site ( http://www.ernakulamtelecom.gov.in). No usage details are available thru this portal.

• Like 1

Is there any disconnection date in the wimax bill if bill not paid in due date?

Not mentioned about any disconnection date in the bill.

No disconnection date was mentioned on my bill. But they do charge Rs 10 extra if not paid till the mentioned date (i think it was 27th of the month).

Guyz! Is there any software that can track WiMAX data usage? If yes, please provide the downlaod link.

Thanks!!

You can use any bandwidth meter like DUMeter

Guyz! Is there any software that can track WiMAX data usage? If yes, please provide the downlaod link.

Thanks!!

networx also a good tool. I use this.

One more thing that I have observed since last two days or so. My connection gets disconnected automatically after 3-4 hours. Is this happening to someone else' connection too? How can it be rectified?

One more thing that I have observed since last two days or so. My connection gets disconnected automatically after 3-4 hours. Is this happening to someone else' connection too? How can it be rectified?

Disconnection is not happening for my WiMax. Its always stable. What CPE you use? Indoor or Out door CPE ? Check the CINR and RSSI values. It should be a stable.

Disconnection is not happening for my WiMax. Its always stable. What CPE you use? Indoor or Out door CPE ? Check the CINR and RSSI values. It should be a stable.

Mate my wimax not working from Friday Night (when the rain starts). I think i need to call the guy who came here for showing demo.

Thursday i went to Pattom Bsnl office and asked for wimax bill (reception) I gave the paper that i got when i take CPE.

he said the bill not yet generated , and also he added the fist bill will take time.

I got CPE JULY 31 and activated on August 3rd. Till yet didn't generated the first bill.

@White Hole my connection disconnects for about 5-15sec and reconnects. Only it happends some times.

• Like 1

Mate my wimax not working from Friday Night (when the rain starts). I think i need to call the guy who came here for showing demo.

Thursday i went to Pattom Bsnl office and asked for wimax bill (reception) I gave the paper that i got when i take CPE.

he said the bill not yet generated , and also he added the fist bill will take time.

I got CPE JULY 31 and activated on August 3rd. Till yet didn't generated the first bill.

@White Hole my connection disconnects for about 5-15sec and reconnects. Only it happends some times.

My WiMax is very stable. few weeks back my CINR value was going below 10dB. I just re-aligned the outdoor CPE. After that I was getting > 20dB CINR.

Yeah..while raining ( heavily only ) I have noticed reduced CINR value. But connection never disconnects.

Check the signal level , if an indoor CPE , adjust antenna for best CINR value. Hope this will solve the issue.

• Like 1

Thanxs for all the replies :signthankspin:

I'm using an outdoor CPE but I've placed it on my table only :Sorprendido: , so it's kinds indoor.

One more query, I had applied for an unlimited plan last week and SDE confirmed that it has been converted to an unlimited one on Wednesday. As per BSNL website, unlimited plan gives BW of 512kbps, but my uTorrent download is coming at 400-450kbps range :Equivocado: That means I'm still on 2Mbps plan and my data meter must be running like hell. Should I expect a bill in 5 digits ?? :confuse: I'm seriously tensed over this thing, plz help!

I'm using an outdoor CPE but I've placed it on my table only :Sorprendido: , so it's kinds indoor.

One more query, I had applied for an unlimited plan last week and SDE confirmed that it has been converted to an unlimited one on Wednesday. As per BSNL website, unlimited plan gives BW of 512kbps, but my uTorrent download is coming at 400-450kbps range :Equivocado: That means I'm still on 2Mbps plan and my data meter must be running like hell. Should I expect a bill in 5 digits ?? :confuse: I'm seriously tensed over this thing, plz help!

Here in Kerala , Unlimited Wimax BW is 512kbps to 2 Mbps. Are you sure that in your BSNL circle bandwidth is fixed to 512 ?

Now only i saw your message. But today it didnt connect till evening. So i changed to different direction atlast after rying for one hour i got another base id with an average of 10-14db. Download speed touches 2mbps but upload speed below 100kbps (12KB/s)

My WiMax is very stable. few weeks back my CINR value was going below 10dB. I just re-aligned the outdoor CPE. After that I was getting > 20dB CINR.

Yeah..while raining ( heavily only ) I have noticed reduced CINR value. But connection never disconnects.

Check the signal level , if an indoor CPE , adjust antenna for best CINR value. Hope this will solve the issue.

CINR value 10-14 is very less per the BSNL folks. They suggest CINR should be greater than 18 for a stable connection. But I have notice that , download speed not everytime depend on CINR value. So many times I have got ~2Mbps speed with < 18 CINR.

where we can see the base id in the modem diagnosis page ?

Here in Kerala , Unlimited Wimax BW is 512kbps to 2 Mbps. Are you sure that in your BSNL circle bandwidth is fixed to 512 ?

I'm not sure as officials here don't know a dime about Bandwidth. I was just quoting what BSNL official website says. So maybe it's 512kbps to 2Mbps for unlimited plan too.

Tell me one thing, are you paying Rs 750+ Rs 40 + Taxes for unlimited plan? This information may confirm that.

Edited by wHiTe_HoLe

CINR value 10-14 is very less per the BSNL folks. They suggest CINR should be greater than 18 for a stable connection. But I have notice that , download speed not everytime depend on CINR value. So many times I have got ~2Mbps speed with < 18 CINR.

where we can see the base id in the modem diagnosis page ?

on the right side of the page in status

"BSID" in full form its base id. only the bsnl guys know which tower by the last 4 letters in it.

now i again changed the directions and managed to get 14-18 in new base id and new direction.

I am getting 2.1mbps download speed but 150kbps upload speed only in that base id.

Yes he is paying that amount. Here in kerala at the introduction time they only have 999 unlimited plan 512kbps to 2mbps. since it the begining stage and users are less they are giving max speed of 2mbps.

that plan changed to 750rs unlimited plan.

I'm not sure as officials here don't know a dime about Bandwidth. I was just quoting what BSNL official website says. So maybe it's 512kbps to 2Mbps for unlimited plan too.

Tell me one thing, are you paying Rs 750+ Rs 40 + Taxes for unlimited plan? This information may confirm that.

Tell me one thing, are you paying Rs. 750+ Rs. 40 + Taxes for unlimited plan? This information may confirm that.

Yes. I am paying Rs. 750 + 40 + Taxes.