Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sadikk

Tutorial: Flashing Your CDMA Handset After MEID/ESN Registration

i did exactly all the steps mentioned and my phone restarted on its own after the process, but i still do not find any reliance network on my phone.

i did exactly all the steps mentioned and my phone restarted on its own after the process, but i still do not find any reliance network on my phone

which handset you using? pm me the details... or can contact me anytime...

Hello guys,

Need your help, I've programmed my Sprint Galaxy S3 on Reliance, zeroed SPC using LJ7 Modem, written NAM, NV and PRL, but forgot to write Akey then phone got updated using wifi.

I activated my number on it, all got successful but calls getting disconnected after 2-3 seconds, I thought it must be Akey issue, tried to write Akey via CDMA Workshop and DFS but Akey is not getting written it says FAILED.

What to do now? Any idea guys?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by rajanmehta
<< Topic Merged >>

are you able to go in diag mode???

it seems you will ahve to try sevral steps... try these... i've came across sevral devices same model but are programmed in different ways... the difference may be due to rom or something... not sure... but worked...

try writing the Akey aong with the min number and MDN.... if no success... try putting the phone in airplane mode / put the phone in offline mode through cdma workshop... and then writing Akey and min together...

Yes, I am able to go into diag mode. What do you mean by writing MIN, MDN and Akey together?

Here is what I did : In CDMA Workshop wrote MIN in NAM tab and Akey in CAVE tab, how can I write both together?

And, what mode should I use? It automatically gets into Offline Mod - D when I write NAM. Should I go to Offline Mod-A?

ofcourse they are on different tabs... Writing MIN, MDN, & Akey together means writing all those at the same time... go to nam tab write min & mdn... do not reset the device yet then come to cave write the akey... and then reset... yes it goes into offline mode... but still do it manually...

I wrote both nam and Akey at the same time but didn't manually gone into offline mode, there are two offline modes D and A, which one should I use?

Offline D... put the phone in offline mode wait for a min or two before writting...

Okay, I will try and let you know. Thanks for your help and concern man...I really appreciate it. I am also trying to downgrade modem to LJ7 again, and try if that fixes problem or not. Will update here.

Go back to stock ics palen and then do it. You cannot program on anything other than the palen rom. That will work

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Go back to stock ics palen and then do it. You cannot program on anything other than the palen rom. That will work

that will be the last option... but i think it should work the way...

Okay, I will try that if what @kmc251 told doesn't work at all.

@kmc251 Have you successfully programmed using Jellybean ROM? Like LJ7?

Yes... i do remember i had an evdo issue in one of my sprint s3 which had JB... tried programming it sevral times... never faced any issue of wrtting min or akey on s3 but yes did faced same problem or writing Akey and min on another handsets which was solved by the process i mentioned...

Buddy instead of all this headache trust me go back to stock and do it. It's very easy

just spoke to him on phone... what he did was an OTA update... he just downloaded the complete JELLY BEAN ROM and flashed didn't downgrade... and then programmed it again... and was successful...

Thank you both of you for your concern and replies, specially Mr. Kunal aka kmc251 for being so helpful and giving me his contact number and even offering me remote programming via TeamViewer. Thank you so much man!

What I did was downloaded Rooted LJ7 ROM, flashed it, and tried writing AKEY via CDMA Workshop and at my surprise it showed success and my problem solved.

Now, I've a question, if I upgrade via wifi and firmware and modem gets upgraded, is AKEY I've written going to be erased or what?

Thanks

NO it wont be erased now buddy

Hello,

I was struggling to program an HTC 7 PRO (Model no. PC93100) to Reliance. I am able to put the network parameters such as MDN, MIN, AKEY etc by entering the "Service Tools" mode within the phone by dialing ##778#. However, no idea how to upload the Reliance PRL file within it? Can any body help me by telling a software name using which I can upload PRL file within it?

Also, I have a PRL file which was downloaded from DFS and used in iPhone 4. Will that file work for HTC 7 PRO?

Thanks

Edited by rajanmehta
<< Topic Merged >>

7) Now go to Nam Tab and press load and select Reliance.nam and press write.

6c23194f.jpg

Can i write the same NAM value in google nexus SPH-D720 or i have to change it? Please tell me the exact value which i have to save.

There is no nam file needed ... all you need is 1> SPC CODE of your handset 2> Prl File 3> Akey 4> Dump file.... 5> the MEID to be reg on reliance... then simply transfer your number to the meid then *228 and you are done....

Is your meid registered??

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 CDMA (*228 enabled) for my father off eBay and took it to the Reliance Webworld they transferred the number and when I did *228 it even said phone activated, that the connection would start in 15 mins.

It's been a day but the phone still shows the network as Sprint and I've even tried replacing the stock rom with Cyanogenmod 10.1.

I wanted to try http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/35995-tutorial-flashing-your-cdma-handset-after-meidesn-registration/ but it says I need a Reliance NAM and PRL file, I have been unable to find either through my searches.

It would be great if someone could help me out as my father is now without a phone till I get it fixed.

Regards,

Aditya

Update; Thanks for moving it to the right thread. I'm currently downloading the stock sprint ROM Samsung-Updates.com-SPH-L710_SPR_1_20121019105628_mflxsj3ffx.zip to restore the phone if required.

Update 2: This is a screenshot of my phone info screen under *#*#info#*#* in cyanogenmod, as you can see it shows the network as Sprint and my phone number as 9300000000

PseeUoA.pngHi,

Edited by adises

Is the phone registered in reliance, I mean is the meid registered., if yes ask details from your vendor who registered it, he will provide everything needed to get it to work with reliance.

sent from my NOTE II, yupp size does matter.

The RSN/MEID has been registered with Reliance this morning at the Web world itself. Post registration I dialed *228 on the phone and it said phone activated and that the connection will be done in 15 mins. But the phone still shows the network as Sprint, I went back to the web world and they said they don't know what the problem is.

I've currently lodged a complaint with their customer support but I don't think it will go anywhere.

The RSN/MEID has been registered with Reliance this morning at the Web world itself. Post registration I dialed *228 on the phone and it said phone activated and that the connection will be done in 15 mins. But the phone still shows the network as Sprint, I went back to the web world and they said they don't know what the problem is. 

I've currently lodged a complaint with their customer support but I don't think it will go anywhere. 

Ofcourse the meid must be registered... If it wasn't it should have not activated the phone... Pls check and post What error you hear when you dial a number???

Sometimes it does happen the server needs some time to refresh... Technically speaking

VRL needs to be refreshed... (guess this must be the save case with you)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

IT makes no difference if it shows sprint. or anything. and dont use cm for now. Try going back to stock and then check and see.