Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
hiteshkkk1

USA B1 / B2 Visa Discussion

You should try to do through VFS listed banks eg HDFC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please ensure American Embassy's banker is member of IMPS-group.

Finally... I paid fees thru neft... Not sure what wud happen to IMPS funds. But as I check NCPI site, failed transactions may take 5 days to refund. So keeping fingers crossed.

Booked appointment for 31st Jan & Biomertics for 30th Jan.

In the confirmation mail, they have clearly mentioned :

Should my children come?

Children under the age of 14 do not need to appear in person to apply for a visa. If you are also applying for a visa, you may carry your child’s application documents with you, along with one photograph of the child on white background (2 x 2 inches or 51 x 51 mm) in size. Further photo specifications are available: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-photoinfo.asp.

Even then I am going to take my kiddo... After all yogesh is going to baby sit him ifrequired ;-)

• Like 1

All the Best Hitesh Bhai ....

Thanks a lot..

Done with biometrics... Kids are allowed inside but not required..

If kids are there, they will take actual photo.. If not, we have to give his/her photo.

Now keeping fingers crossed for tomorrow's interview..

Thanks for your everyone's wishes..

• Like 1

Good - you will get thru as you have a clear approach.

We are all awaiting the good news :-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for everyone's inputs n wishes..

Visa has been approved..

Will post in details after reaching jalgaon...

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 9

^^ congrats Hitesh Bhai

• Like 1

Congratzz :) Post your experience

• Like 1

congratulations!!

• Like 1

Congratulations Hitesh bhai

Edited by prihir
  • Like 1

Hmmmm... Good to learn the formalities in getting us visa. Will be very helpful when going for tour with my family. Thanks friends...

Btw congrats Hitesh ji...

• Like 1

Hmmmm... Good to learn the formalities in getting us visa. Will be very helpful when going for tour with my family. Thanks friends...

Btw congrats Hitesh ji...

Ya - for your benefit, Chennai Consulate procedures were also detailed by a member :)

Btw congrats Mr. Hitesh - waiting to hear your success story.

Edited by admirer2000
  • Like 1

Here I am posting my full experience from start to end...

I had filled DS-160 for all 3 of us online by myself with all the relevant data. I had also mentioned name of my Indian friend, who is now an US citizen & also mentioned that I would stay with him n then go for holiday. He had sent me an invite too n mentioned that expenses would be borne by myself.

OFC appointment was on 30/Jan/2014 at 10.30 am

I reached there around 10.15 n they checked my DS-160 confirmation with my passport.

There was a minor mistake in my son's form so they asked me to do the correction n come back. There was one cyber cafe named HI-TECH just adjacent to the building n they had all the infrastructure to do these VISA stuff as well as locker to keep our stuff.

I had to pay 200 Rs. for correction n printout. For locker usage, they charge 100 Rs. It was very basic service. They will accept the stuff in bag n seal it n keep all the bags in 1 single cub board. They wont give us keys as keys are not allowed.

I went in Q again & was taken inside in 15 mins. Though I had my cousin to take care of my kid so he didnt come inside with me, but other people were bringing the kids inside. It was clearly mentioned in confirmation mail to not to bring kids below 14 yrs but still many were bringing.

OFC process for myself n wife was done in hardly 15 mins from entry to exist. They took our photos n finger prints. Thats it. For kids, they pasted the photo that we took with us on wall n clicked its photo.

Actual interview was on 31/Jan/2014 at 7.30 am.

I reached there by 7 am n there were already lot of people around I think 200. They started the Q at 7.05 n took inside by 7.20 itself. I took with my our passports n confirmation page along with a box file with all original docs viz my 3 yrs ITR, 1 yrs bank statement, real estate ownership docs, qualification certificates for both of us, birth certificate of my son, my client's list with phone nos., marriage certificate, our sebi registeration cerfiticates, any some other profession related docs.

Even here, people were taking there kids inside. I had not brought my son with me.

Inside there was a waiting area in open but with shade for around 200-300 people.

Our number came at around 8.05

They again took our finger prints.

We proceeded at window no 37 when instructed to do so. Below was conversation between us & consulate ( not in specific order. i m typing as i am remembering)

1. You have never travelled out of India & why do you want to go to US

a. My wife replied: after marraige she was pregnant & then child was small. Now that he is 6 yrs, we are willing to go out of India.

2. Why US only

a. We wish to start with US. US being very good country with lot of tourist attractions.

3. So would you go to other countries like Singapore

a. I replied, yes definetely. We have already made our list & US is 1st.

4. You are going with some tour operator or by self.

a. I replied by self

5. What all places you plan to visit

a. I replied places that we had planned in east cost.

6. Looking at my wife, she asked, so, you are a stock broker. Why did u select this as your profession

a. She gave relevant answer

Then the consulate was just looking at screen n typing something n she told : YOUR VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED... HAVE A NICE TRIP

In all this, she didnt demand a singe doc.

In all, I feel, its just our confidence & presentation along with the data that we fill in DS-160 that matters. We were not at all nervous n replying confidently..

This conversation took place for harldy 2 mins n we were out by 8.10.

Now just waiting for my passport. It should be there in couple of days. I hope it is for 10 yrs n not 6 months.

From what I read, they issue it for 10 yrs only but then some people told me that it may be of 6 months.

Once in hand, will book tickets.

Before I book, wanted to ask if someone has experience of Kuwait Airways. It has cheapest tickets @ 1.32 lacs for all 3 of us

Should I go to Kuwait considering there are lot n lot of negative reviews?

All the other airlines are starting from 1.80 lacs but not refundable.

Refundable are from British or Americal airways n costing around 2.2 lacs.

Hope most of the things are clear n this thread helps other people to get some hands on before applying for visa.

• Like 8

Congrats Hitesh bhai

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Don't they ask you to show your Return Tickets at the Embassy / Consulate??

I was under the impression - first the tickets then the visa!!

Don't they ask you to show your Return Tickets at the Embassy / Consulate??

I was under the impression - first the tickets then the visa!!

No...

In fact its not logical to book tickets unless we have visa...

@hiteshkkk1

Better to avoid via Kuwait as my friend in Dubai has advised me last year. Frequent cancellation of flights and delays have been foreseen.

If you take Emirates (Dubai) / Etihad (Abu Dhabi) / Qatar (Doha), you can plan for a stop-over at places specified within brackets. Of course you have to get separate VISA but as you have got USA VISA now & traveling by their country airlines, it will get thru.

If you travel by Emirates, you have an easy VISA processing procedure in India and you can try A380 service too. They also offer Entry from one USA city and Exit from another. So it will save time & money in USA.

All these airlines have online ticket booking facility and if you book thru travel sites, you can get some more discounted tickets.

For USA - Domestic Flights, search online and get discounted advance booking fares. (Airlines like Jet Blue / Continental / AA offers cheap rates but don't forget that you need to book well in advance.)

• Like 2

@hiteshkkk1

Better to avoid via Kuwait as my friend in Dubai has advised me last year. Frequent cancellation of flights and delays have been foreseen.

If you take Emirates (Dubai) / Etihad (Abu Dhabi) / Qatar (Doha), you can plan for a stop-over at places specified within brackets. Of course you have to get separate VISA but as you have got USA VISA now & traveling by their country airlines, it will get thru.

If you travel by Emirates, you have an easy VISA processing procedure in India and you can try A380 service too. They also offer Entry from one USA city and Exit from another. So it will save time & money in USA.

All these airlines have online ticket booking facility and if you book thru travel sites, you can get some more discounted tickets.

For USA - Domestic Flights, search online and get discounted advance booking fares. (Airlines like Jet Blue / Continental / AA offers cheap rates but don't forget that you need to book well in advance.)

Finally booked virgin atlantic from bom to Washington for 4 may n return on 22 may. It has layover in London for 3. 30 hrs

It was best itinerary as regards to timings and for price i got it for, it seems to be a best deal...

It was costing 1.74 lacs on virgin site n on other sites it was costing around 1.75 to 1.80.

Goibibo is running flat 5k sale on usa n uk flights so it was listed for 1.72

I called ibibo n asked for further discount... He offered me additional 5k if i paid immediately.. N so i did...

Paid 1.67 lacs...

Moreover, Kuwait flight was for new York while i wanted to come to Raleigh at my friend's place.. So, preferred Washington.. He can come to pick me.. It's just 4 hrs...

Thanks for all suggestions...

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Congratulations, enjoy the trip and if possible do some shopping in Heathrow T5

Btw here is a famous review on VA must read - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/4344890/Virgin-the-worlds-best-passenger-complaint-letter.html

• Like 1

Hitesh bhai,

pls check confirm following info :

one of my friend faced issue while traveling thru uk going to usa they booked thru makemytrip ...

they could not board their flight at mumbai as they were NOT having UK TRANSIT VISA

pls get this info checked ... if some one has recently traveled thru uk (indian passport holder with valid us visa)

will get more info on this by afternoon ...

Vaibhav

• Like 1

Thanks... Will check it...

As per this link : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/transitthroughtheuk/visa-transit-airside/

The text reads as :

The text reads as :

• arrowUp.gif'Transit without visa' concession - DATV exemptions

If you are a national of a country covered by the DATV system, you may be able to transit the UK airside without a visa. To qualify for this exemption:

• you must arrive and depart by air; and
    • your onward flight must be confirmed, and must depart within 24 hours; and
    • you have proper documentation for your destination, including a visa if necessary.

Additionally, you must hold:

1) a valid entry visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, and a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK, as part of a journey
    to or from
    one of those countries;

This clears the things... Still I will check with few people... Also, One of my friend who is on work visa flew to US thru LHR without transit visa...

^^ Gr8 so i think so it clears it ..

after going thru site i also come to know UK has two types of transit visa

transit airside and transit landside; type depends on if you go thru UK immigration or not

just talked with my friend .. her husband is regular international traveler so he was not having issue.

They were 8 family member traveling for vacation to USA And mexico

she booked on British Airways and was going to USA LA. booked thru makemytrip

but at mumbai airport BA staff did not allowed them to board a flight as they did not had UK transit visa ..

after blasting makemytrip for not informing them abt this transit visa... (i am not sure if they requires landside visa for BA)

later on next flight to usa her husband's company arranged tickets on emirates they went thru emirates (via dubai)

just for our information let us know when you confirm with ur friend. (my US friends and family member mostly used via Frankfurt option)

thanks

EDIT : for info purpose - adding PDF visitor visa info

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/out-of-country/visitors.pdf

Edited by vabs