Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
hiteshkkk1

USA B1 / B2 Visa Discussion

@vishalseth

If you are in transit in UK and have a VALID USA VISA then there is no issue in any european country. I have done transit via UK, Amsterdam and Paris couple of times. You will need UK visa only if you intend to leave the airport and pass through immigration (not airport change).

^^^

Welcome back muffadal sir

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

You will need UK visa only if you intend to leave the airport and pass through immigration (not airport change).

For airport change (between LHR and Gatwick which are far away from each other) we have to pass through immigration, right?

For Gatwick you may or may not need transit visa. Usually when you booking your ticket ask the airlines, they will tell u if u need it for gatwick airport. I have done terminal changes at heathrow, which involved 20 min bus ride to next terminal.

I've traveled earlier and had no issues. I'm just confirming as someone over here put that they were not allowed to board. So I'm trying to reconfigure. British are mad people. They change any rule any time. I had called and confirmed with them they said that according to them it's not needed but I need to check with British High commission. Can you beat this? This report from British airways. Don't thou get 2nd thoughts?

I'm also interested in knowing what caused BA to not let them board.

@vishalseth

If you are in transit in UK and have a VALID USA VISA then there is no issue in any european country. I have done transit via UK, Amsterdam and Paris couple of times. You will need UK visa only if you intend to leave the airport and pass through immigration (not airport change).

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I had emailed British High commission for the same. Here's their reply.

" Dear Madam / Sir

You do not require a UK visa if you have a valid visa for USA/Canada and confirmed ticket without passing through Immigration control, without changing airports and have a halt of less than 24 hours at Heathrow.

Please note If you need to:

* pass through UK immigration control to change airports

* check your baggage in again to your final destination or

* leave the airport for any reason

you need a visitor in transit UK visa.

This visa is valid for a maximum period of 48 hours. Also, please check with the Airline you plan to travel on.

Please visit the web-siteshttp://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/Welcome.htm?aspxerrorpath=/RefundRequest.aspx

www.vfs-uk.co.in www.ukinindia.fco.gov.uk orwww.ukvisas.gov.uk for detailed information on the procedure, guidance, eligibility and fees for UK visas.

Yours faithfully,

Casework Team

UK Visas and Immigration

Home Office

British Deputy High Commission, Naman Chambers, G-32, G-Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (E), Mumbai 400 051

Tel: +91 (0)22 6650 2181

Fax: +91 (0)22 6650 2326

www.homeoffice.gov.uk

The Visa Section in Mumbai is accredited to theCustomer Service Excellence standard."

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

i didnt require any visa... transit in heathrow was very smooth..

• Like 1

Someone said that their friend was allowed to board. I've not had issue. Only thing is that terminal 5 is sick as not much veg food variety.

Gate / Terminal changing within the airport is not an issue. In such cases no Immigration clearance is involved but Security check will be multiple.

To my knowledge, for those who shift from one Airport to another airport, how it is possible without VISA & clearing the Immigration?

In some Emergencies, short time temp. visa is issued for limited time.