Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rahulkapoor

Sierra Wireless Card

I just called helpdesk in Bombay and they say price is 13995?

Anyone who got card under 10k?

36838[/snapback]

hi

Price is Rs. 13995. Stock is not available. Thats why you can get it Rs. 15000 or higher but not in Rs.10000

Is it mandatory that the card be purchased directly from Reliance?

I read once earlier on this post that someone had purchased a Sierra AirCard from abroad and then got it activated through reliance. Would this be possible for anyone to do?

I think the card may be slightly cheaper if ordered directly rather than having go through Reliance.

Is it mandatory that the card be purchased directly from Reliance?

I read once earlier on this post that someone had purchased a Sierra AirCard from abroad and then got it activated through reliance. Would this be possible for anyone to do?

I think the card may be slightly cheaper if ordered directly rather than having go through Reliance.

37180[/snapback]

no it can't be possible to get it activated from Reliance

Are you 100% sure they won't be able to do it?

I heard there are compatibility issues with Sony Vaio Laptop when using a Sierra Wireless Card (Rconnect Card) and seen the same mentioned here. However, I do not see anything of that sort mentioned on the sierrawireless.com website.

Is the compatibility issue for all models or only particular ones? Any experiences?

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Are you 100% sure they won't be able to do it?

37183[/snapback]

Sorry they are able to do it but they don't do it.

I have heard of some people having problems with compatibility on Sony Vaio Laptops.. Does that hold true for many models of Sony? My laptop is model # VGN-A790. Upon checking the sierra wireless website (http://www.sierrawireless.com), I could not find anything related to this.

Please post your experience here about compatibility with Laptop brands, especially Sony Vaio.

Warning :: No more new Topics for the same issue! -- Chirag

Same here in Bombay, they say stock not there.. damm I am frustated with reliance. Planning to go with Airtel card - 12k card and 600 p.m for 1GB just need to get some exp. about ppl using it regarding speed and stability.

Well,, different ppl say different things.

Just an update, Andheri-Bombay guys says cards not in stock don't know when they be available. Helpdesk says card costs 13995.

Today walked in Malad-Bombay webworld and they said within 4 days its available if you book - I booked today for 9,900 lets see if I get within 4 days.

Hi Guys!

I bought the same for 13499/- about two months back. Atleast at that time it was readily available at all RWW in Delhi and Jaipur, donno about other places. I checked with RWW in Jaipur (Vaishali) and Delhi (Vikas Marg) today. It is readily available at both the places.

As for the compatability with laptop, I am using IBM Thinkpad T43 and could confugure and use the card within 10 minutes of purchase and have faced no problems so far.....

Cheers!

"LG LSI 110" cordless phone with connection over USB with my laptop give me average 120 kbps with peak about 180-200 kbps.

Reliance and Tata does announce the max speed of 144 and 115 respectively.

true in case of tata, I was never able to get even 100 peak.

I used Gtran wireless card at my uncle's place and it really performs better than my LG LSI 110 connection. It gave me above 150 kbps always.

Got my r-connect card today, Working good on my IBM X40.. hope its works good that way as my data cable with LG 5130 was not stable.

I see I am getting good speed then my data cable.... Same Location so I guess its not related to signal strength etc.. Maybe r-connect card is made for internet usage so its giving better speed.

Bombay

File Size: 150.005 KB

Time Elapsed: 13.39 seconds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

89.6 Kbps

(11.2 KBps)

Thats great to know. So then I could be downloading triple of what I get now on my dialup. Seems a good reason to but it. I don't know about speeds that I can get in my area though.

Does RConnect have a return policy? What if I buy the card and it is very slow or something.. Can I return the card and get a full or partial refund after cancelling the connection?

Hi

Anybody use r connect data card? let me know the price and tarrifs

<< topic merged >>

Edited by Arun

Please search the forum before posting.

FYI, there is no special plan for Data Card, but you have to opt for any of the available post paid DATA plans (Freedom/Freedom Plus/Platinum plans of R-connect you have to pay only Rs 650/900/1500 plus tax per month). See tariff details visit here. Price for the data card was recently reduced to Rs.9500

<< topic merged >>

Do you think the price is the same at all Reliance Webworlds? I live in Kerala..

How many days did it take for all of you to get your cards?

Do you think the price is the same at all Reliance Webworlds? I live in Kerala..

How many days did it take for all of you to get your cards?

40045[/snapback]

Yes charges are different all over India.

Just as in Delhi MRP of 6255 is 12621 and in Jharkhand it is 15652.

Wouldn't it be better then I buy it where it is available for 9500 and change my phone number to my state.. Will they allow that?

hi friends, im in rewari, haryana just 70km away from new delhi , i just bought a new cierra card in rs.10000/- from local webworld, and its working fine on my compaq ml2002 laptop, speed is same as my old 2030 mobile but im happy with this gadget cause now i dont need to plug and unplug cables all time.

thanks

note: i want to use this card in mandrake lynex, can anyone help me please?

can any one help me whether i can use my seirra air card 555 for a mac operating laptop

please can u tell me whether i can use the seirra air card 555 for mac os laptop

<<POSTS MERGED>>

Hi

I tried using a original USB datacable (pure USB, no conversion to Serial) on my old Reliance phone 2130 and the speed was pathetic, would take 5 min to open up VSNL webmail page, absolutely un-useable so I gave up.

Now I have an LG 5130, would appreciate advice on my application, which basically is, I travel all over India (metro cities mostly) and need to check my mail on the move from my laptop, at a decent speed, and good coverage of locations

My questions are:

- Should I go with Reliance R Connect or go to Airtel Data Card (GPRS/Edge) or Tata Indicom

- If i go for reliance, should i buy the data cable for the phone or buy a separate Wireless data-card (much more expensive)

- If i buy the data-cable, original cable or grey market one will do? Should I go for the Pure USB option or the USB to serial conversion one?

- What speeds can I get, which drivers should I download, and what settings should I tweak where and how?

Any advice will be highly appreciated

Thanks- Peter

<< Post Merged >>

Edited by Arun

LG RD 2030 or LG RD 5130 doesn't make much difference in the effective speed, its dependant on the network. Since you are using R-Connect on a laptop while travelling, you can avoid the hassles of using data cables, by purchasing a Reliance Data Card, which costs around Rs.9000+

And as per the reviews by other members in the forum, the R-Connect experience using a Data Card is far better than using a handset. Moreover, you can opt for the Platinum plan (unlimited data transfer) for Rs.1500 per month, which isn't available for handset connections anymore. So the data card seems to be your best bet !

I go with arun ... the performance of the Data Card is way better than the performance of the handset...

Cheers

Ashok

I go with arun ... the performance of the Data Card is way better than the performance of the handset...

Cheers

Ashok

44100[/snapback]

I dont aggree with both of you (Arun and Ashok).... I will give u a reason for it. Look the network is same and both the card and the phone uses the same network of 1X CDMA. Rite..!!!!

Now lets find out where is the difference..!!! The difference is just bcos of the cable which u attache with your rim.

Since cable has some resistance, there comes a slight difference in data exchange. Otherwise there is no difference in the speed. Card is for your comfort, elegance etc and nothing more....

Anyhow good news is that Reliance is reducing the price of the card further down to some Rs 6500. But the card will Not be a Sierra Card... It would be some other make card but the functionality will be absolutey same.

Regards,

Rahul :)